1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #271 of 567
My problem with the HD650 is the midrange believe it or not. It's just so midrangy, shouty even..

It pleases me to hear that the treble of the Quad is more like the Nighthawks treble. Having a BA for only 20kHz to 40kHz should mean really nicely extended smooth highs.

Im gonna order the Quads :) I'll report back when I have spent some time with them.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #272 of 567
I look forward to your impressions. Hopefully I haven't steered you in the wrong direction.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #273 of 567
Hello headfier's .I really love the mids of my hifiman re 400 but unhappy with its soundstage. I wanted to know how does the midrange and bass of quads compare to re 400 and Sony xba3.

I have not heard the RE400 but used to own the XBA3.

From memory the XBA3 had a more metallic treble quality, and harder BA like bass, and a warmer overall signature. The Quad has a more 3D like sound stage.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #274 of 567
Ordered the Quads, due Wednesday. After years of listening to my Shure e500's (and Senheiser 580's) finally had a little money- hope they sound as good as some of the reviews I've read. Being on the poor side- hope to use with my Fiio x3-ll. I have a bunch of hi-def music of all types - should be a good test.
Just wish they had removable cables and microphone; but here's hoping!

Still using my old iMac (late 2009) and iPod Classic- lot of lean years and medical bills

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #276 of 567
Just posted my review of the Quad Driver with comparisons to the Pinnacle P1, Oriveti New Primacy and Hifiman RE-600. Hope it helps some people out, it's a really nice earphone overall if you don't mind the cable-down fit and average isolation. Apologies, I can't seem to link the review on the new website but it should be relatively close to the top in the head gear section.

dsc00935-51.jpg

I have not heard the RE400 but used to own the XBA3.

From memory the XBA3 had a more metallic treble quality, and harder BA like bass, and a warmer overall signature. The Quad has a more 3D like sound stage.
Hello headfier's .I really love the mids of my hifiman re 400 but unhappy with its soundstage. I wanted to know how does the midrange and bass of quads compare to re 400 and Sony xba3.

I have the Sony XBA-40 and the Hifiman RE-600, the treble on the Quad-Driver is not nearly as "metallic" or forward as the sony but it's also more aggressive than the RE-600. Honestly, I think the high-end is pretty tasteful, even the highly regarded Pinnacle P1 is considerably more forward in the upper-mids/treble areas. As far as soundstage goes, the XBA-40 is very, very separated but also sort of incoherent, the Quad Driver is almost as 3D but also sounds more refined and linear, it's almost like a perfected XBA-40. I've been listening to the Dunu DK-3001, a quad driver hybrid earphone that costs almost 2.5x more and the soundstage on the Quad Driver is more holographic though I won't comment on further comparison until I have more time with the Dunu.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #278 of 567
Haven't heard them yet, but it seems to be worth it if you appreciate the extra hi-fi characteristics that the Quad has over the triple such as 3D soundstage, more neutrality, smoother transition and greater extension into the ultra high frequencies.

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #279 of 567
I wrote a full review but made the mistake of typing it up right in the Head-fi editor. Unfortunately I got an error when I went to oost it and lost the entire review... Haven't had the time or the heart to rewrite it yet.

May 1, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #280 of 567
I wrote a full review but made the mistake of typing it up right in the Head-fi editor. Unfortunately I got an error when I went to oost it and lost the entire review... Haven't had the time or the heart to rewrite it yet.
You should use the addon Lazaros, it was made just for this kind of things.

May 1, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #281 of 567

How about a quick down and dirty summary?

May 1, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #282 of 567
Really enjoying these!

First universal purchase for a while, having not used or considered purchasing any since I received my Custom Art Ei.3.
Big thanks to Jaben in Melbourne for getting them in!

I miss the isolation/fit & over ear aspects of the CIEM, but having enjoyed the single's and recommended them to someone whos really happy with them, then doing the same with the triples, I can say that im happy I went with the quads.

There's ALOT to like with them (ill echo already made comments about the build quality, how fun the sound signature is, the detail they pick up) but its the tuning that stands out the most to me. 1more haven't just capitalized on the triple feedback by trying to get more $$$ out of their consumers with +1 driver - its a worthy flagship.

Source wise - theyve been used with my iphone 7 & dragonfly black. Have given it a bit of time with my Fiio X3II which has been positive , but I haven't given it enough time to properly comment.

Not using the case that came with it (im funny about magnetic clips), picked up a small zip up one that holds my "everything"
Quads, DFB, 2 USB camera connectors (I use the single port when travelling to and from work and the port with charger when in the office) & USB cable.

Only issue was one of the 11mm foam tips was already broken when I opened the package - otherwise no complaints!
IMG_5923.JPG IMG_5926.JPG IMG_6014.PNG

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #283 of 567

Really enjoying these!

First universal purchase for a while, having not used or considered purchasing any since I received my Custom Art Ei.3.
I miss the isolation/fit & over ear aspects of the CIEM, but having enjoyed the single's and recommended them to someone whos really happy with them, then doing the same with the triples, I can say that im happy I went with the quads.
There's ALOT to like with them (ill echo already made comments about the build quality, how fun the sound signature is, the detail they pick up) but its the tuning that stands out the most to me. 1more haven't just capitalized on the triple feedback by trying to get more $$$ out of their consumers with +1 driver - its a worthy flagship.

Source wise - theyve been used with my iphone 7 & DFB. Have given it a bit of time with my Fiio X3II which has been positive , but I haven't given it enough time to properly comment.

Not using the case that came with it (im funny about magnetic clips), picked up a small zip up one that holds my "everything"
Quads, DFB, 2 USB camera connectors (I use the single port when travelling to and from work and the port with charger when in the office) & USB cable.

Only issue was one of the 11mm foam tips was already broken when I opened the package - otherwise no complaints!

What kind of music are you listening to?
Is there a major difference between them and the triple?
Is there any sibilance or fatiguing or piercing highs?
How is the isolation?

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #284 of 567
The Triple os more V shaped in its signature while the Quad is more balanced due to the mids being equally prominent. I notice more detail and space in the treble of the Quad but not at the cost of sibilance or harshness. Personally I prefer the Quad by quite a bit over the Triple, even though I like the Triple a lot. But I place a lot of value on 3D like qualities and I also really like lots of natural sounding detail.

May 2, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #285 of 567
The Triple os more V shaped in its signature while the Quad is more balanced due to the mids being equally prominent. I notice more detail and space in the treble of the Quad but not at the cost of sibilance or harshness. Personally I prefer the Quad by quite a bit over the Triple, even though I like the Triple a lot. But I place a lot of value on 3D like qualities and I also really like lots of natural sounding detail.
What kind of music do you listen to?
Also, did you compare them with other IEMs in their price range? RHA T20, IE80, one of the Trinities or Etys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back