1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Mar 25, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #76 of 567

Any new impressions?

I am looking for new IEMs, and yet I have just got the RHA T20 and the 1More TripleDriver for testing, and I like both, but the T20 (with Bass Filter) more, since they have a more fullbodied and deeper Bass, and a better separation and wider soundstage.

But I dont like how the T20 are worn, rather prefer the straight down style.

Can you maybe commend on these concerns? Are the Quads the solution regarding a bit more kick in the bass and also a better body and more deepness?

I don't want to comment too much without A/Bing them, but I did own the T20. twice, actually lol I ended up posting something of a review on Reddit.

If I recall correctly the T20 is bass oriented. so If I had to guess, I would think the quad would sound more balanced. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #77 of 567

I don't want to comment too much without A/Bing them, but I did own the T20. twice, actually lol I ended up posting something of a review on Reddit.

If I recall correctly the T20 is bass oriented. so If I had to guess, I would think the quad would sound more balanced. 

But considering the Basskick and the Deepness of the Bass, how is the Quad compared to the Triple?

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #78 of 567
How does this earphone sound to Doom Metal, Power Metal, Symphonic Metal, Gothic Metal and Hard Rock? I'm the owner of Audiosense AS20 and used to have YAMAHA EPH-50, Denon AH-D1100 and Sennheiser HD 518. As you can see, my taste is quite bass forwarded, but also care for details, clarity and mid-treble range. However, I don't prefer bright sound as my main taste in music isn't bright.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #79 of 567
How does this earphone sound to Doom Metal, Power Metal, Symphonic Metal, Gothic Metal and Hard Rock? I'm the owner of Audiosense AS20 and used to have YAMAHA EPH-50, Denon AH-D1100 and Sennheiser HD 518. As you can see, my taste is quite bass forwarded, but also care for details, clarity and mid-treble range. However, I don't prefer bright sound as my main taste in music isn't bright.

I think the Quads are made of metal so they should work perfectly for you.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #80 of 567

Any new impressions?

I am looking for new IEMs, and yet I have just got the RHA T20 and the 1More TripleDriver for testing, and I like both, but the T20 (with Bass Filter) more, since they have a more fullbodied and deeper Bass, and a better separation and wider soundstage.

But I dont like how the T20 are worn, rather prefer the straight down style.

Can you maybe commend on these concerns? Are the Quads the solution regarding a bit more kick in the bass and also a better body and more deepness?

THe first batches are shipping now.
Mine should be here today.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #81 of 567
Just got mine in! Been following this thread, but thought I'd offer some quick impressions.

Compared to the 1MORE Triple Drivers:
Less mid-bass for more cleaner sub-bass. Less bass overall, but no longer sounds muddy. More forward mids. Treble is clearer and better extended as well. The Quads are more balanced overall. I find the fit is more troublesome though. The bore is wider and shorter.

Edit: I used the Jotunheim DAC/AMP as the source for the impressions above. A quick test with Fiio X5 III is a slightly more smoother, thicker sound. Prefer it with the X5 III more!

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #82 of 567
  Just got mine in! Been following this thread, but thought I'd offer some quick impressions.

Compared to the 1MORE Triple Drivers:
Less mid-bass for more cleaner sub-bass. Less bass overall, but no longer sounds muddy. More forward mids. Treble is clearer and better extended as well. The Quads are more balanced overall. I find the fit is more troublesome though. The bore is wider and shorter.

Edit: I used the Jotunheim DAC/AMP as the source for the impressions above. A quick test with Fiio X5 III is a slightly more smoother, thicker sound. Prefer it with the X5 III more!

I have the double and triple.  I did not like that the bore size increased with the triple because it can get a tad uncomfortable for me at times.  From the videos the bore looked pretty big, thanks for confirming this.  No matter how good it may sound, looks like I won't be able to use this.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #83 of 567

I have the double and triple.  I did not like that the bore size increased with the triple because it can get a tad uncomfortable for me at times.  From the videos the bore looked pretty big, thanks for confirming this.  No matter how good it may sound, looks like I won't be able to use this.

Ill see just how much it actually grew in size.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #84 of 567
From the exploded and cross section views of the all 1More's multi-driver IEMs, the balanced armatures are placed inside the nozzle so it is only logical the the bore size would get bigger. Too bad for me.:slight_frown:

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #85 of 567
From the exploded and cross section views of the all 1More's multi-driver IEMs, the balanced armatures are placed inside the nozzle so it is only logical the the bore size would get bigger. Too bad for me.:slight_frown:

Only if they already had no more space in the triple, you never know :)
Since the nozzle is circular, and the BA are squares, you might have a chance they didnt went bigger, since before it was two BA next to each other, now there are three BA forming a triangle, which might not need more space in a circular environment

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #86 of 567
Only if they already had no more space in the triple, you never know :)
Since the nozzle is circular, and the BA are squares, you might have a chance they didnt went bigger, since before it was two BA next to each other, now there are three BA forming a triangle, which might not need more space in a circular environment

They probably still need extra room between and around the armatures for the sound of the dynamic driver in the back to pass by.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #87 of 567
They probably still need extra room between and around the armatures for the sound of the dynamic driver in the back to pass by.

This was my idea, and there would be still some space around them. (wonderfully painted with paint haha)

We will see, there might be a possibility they didnt change in size at all

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #88 of 567
I'm more of a reader/lurker here in Head-Fi but I do own and appreciate good equipment and I occasionally jump in and make a comment or two .  I too received my quad driver model today, a few weeks ahead of schedule.  My first impression is how awesome was their packaging. Definitely first class. I know it's similar to their other products but they sure know how to give a user a high end impression.  The earphones themselves appear to be very well made and yes, fitment it a huge issue with how they sound.  I typically prefer silicone tips and had to switch the attached pair with their largest ones.  The pair they came with didn't have a good seal and the sound was not very good at all.  After the changeout I can say they sound very balanced with no emphasis in either highs, mids or bass.  There's plenty of bass without being boomy or overpowering.  Definitely not as basshead pair of phones.  Mids and highs blend well.  I've never owned the 3-driver pair so I can't give you a comparison.  I can say they blow away my pair of Sennheiser Momentums and I'd rate them #2 behind my pair of Shure SE846's and ahead of my B&W C5's. 

Pros: Very comfortable for extended use. This can vary from person to person but should be fine for most.
         Very balanced smooth sound with no emphasis in any particular range.
         Bass is there but not overemphasized. Good sub bass but no mid or upper bass emphasis. Definitely not for bassheads. Very dependent on eartip choice and proper fitment.
         Well made and well packaged with an excellent carry case and both silicone and foam eartips in a wide variety of sizes. Some thought went into this model for sure.
         Cable appears to be sturdy and does not tangle. Has a slick finish to it.
         Three button control allows you to change volume up/down and mute

Cons: Microphonics are there if you move around alot. The included clip will help.  I haven't had a chance to test them while jogging yet.
          Not alot of sound isolation.  I'd say moderate at best.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with these headphones.  They sound well above their $199 price.  Others may review these phones differently but that's the nature of the beast.  Everyone is different
and there are plenty of factors that can make them sound different from person to person.  Remember I'm only one opinion among the many that will follow. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #89 of 567

Since the bore sizes are becoming a main concern here, I uploaded some images comparing the triple and the quads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back