1g and 2g iTouch Case, review + pictures!
Oct 4, 2008 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

david21

100+ Head-Fier
The purpose of this thread is for people to post pictures\links of their iTouch 1g/2g cases they've used. You can include a small review of the pros/cons of the case if you'd like.

This will make it easier for all of us to compare what cases are out there and keep thread-jacking to a minimum (who would do such a thing?
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Verge (works for 1g and 2g) - Ive been very pleased with this wallet-style case considering it only costs $9. The flap has 2 magnets to keep it closed and I have to admit that it looks pretty darn good when it's closed. Check it out at your local Circuit City. ( Buy the Verge Leather Case for iPod touch - Black and other iPod touch accessories at circuitcity.com )

IMG_03491.jpg

IMG_03501.jpg

DLO HipCase Leather Folio (1g) - This is a great case if you must have a belt clip. It will fit the 2g just fine, but expect the volume button to be hard to adjust since it's covered. ( Amazon.com: DLO HipCase Leather Folio Case for iPod touch 1G (Black): Electronics )

31NX8DWWkVL._SS500_.jpg

SwitchEasy RebelTouch (2g) - I'll update this once I receive it in the mail.
( Welcome to SwitchEasy )

04_a.jpg

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 35
Does that hole for the headphone jack leave enough room for larger connectors like on Westone headphones (for example)?

Otherwise, it looks pretty ideal.

Oct 8, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 35
I'm using a cheap ebay silicone skin at the moment on my 2G touch, and I have to say it works really well, even with the BSE on the touch already.

I wonder if the Switcheasy Rebel will fit a 2G touch with a BSE on it...

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that hole for the headphone jack leave enough room for larger connectors like on Westone headphones (for example)?

Otherwise, it looks pretty ideal.

Pardon my noobieness on the denon5000 comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Shure se530 and Sennheiser CX300 and they both fit just fine.

The only problem I have is connecting my cars line-out cable (bought a Belkin 3ft extension cable @ CircuitCity) into the iTouch. The plastic around the connector is too thick so I have to use the mini extension that came with the case which is not a big deal.

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using a cheap ebay silicone skin at the moment on my 2G touch, and I have to say it works really well, even with the BSE on the touch already.

I'm not sure, but do you know the 2 plastic pieces that goes on the front and back of a plastic screen protector? Well I placed one of those pieces on the back side of my iTouch and haven't had any problems with the Rebel case.

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering the same thing. I finally caved and ordered a BSE, now I wonder if I should've just picked up the Rebel Touch. It definitely has that "toss it" approved look IMO. Not to mention the thin form factor.

There's a huge thread @ ipodtouchfans about this case.

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #10 of 35
I think you should still put the BSE on the back, since any small particles that get caught between the metal and the rebel touch will scratch the backing like there's no tomorrow.

Here are 2 pics of the cheapo ebay silicone skin I'm using at the moment. Its rather good for $10 with a screen protector, but its not very grippy and it makes the buttons a bit difficult to press. I also have a BSE on the back of my 2G touch, and am waiting for the Switcheasy Rebeltouch cases to be available in Australia.

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #15 of 35
Got this case by Sena - very high quality leather, no loose stitching, slip and nice to touch. Got it from a nice deal.
IMG_1113.jpg

However I just picked up the new Matte Slider for iPod Touch. I have been waiting for it to come out for forever now, and after just perusing the incase site, found that it finally came out!

blackmatte2.jpg

Very much looking forward to receiving it. It is the ideal case to go with powersupport antiglare film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back