1964-Q as first custom?
Feb 8, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 16
Try the 1964-D first. Less neutral and laid-back then the 1964-T but not worse than the Quads for half the price. Or go with Livewires Trips.

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 16
Did you get you quad yet @ Sil3ence? And if yes,what did you think about it?

the quad was my first custom (only custom right now). I think I was the first or second guinea pig with it, and it's way beyond anything I ever expected, and better than all top tiers universals I've ever owned @epx. Yet, I have to remind you that we all hear differently, so I can't guarantee you will have the same experience.

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
Did you get you quad yet @ Sil3ence? And if yes,what did you think about it?

the quad was my first custom (only custom right now). I think I was the first or second guinea pig with it, and it's way beyond anything I ever expected, and better than all top tiers universals I've ever owned @epx. Yet, I have to remind you that we all hear differently, so I can't guarantee you will have the same experience.

Lol eric.
Have not got my duals or my quads.
Apparently its been 3 weeks+ and they assured me would be at my house by friday.
But its wednesday and still hasn't been completed.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
Try the 1964-D first. Less neutral and laid-back then the 1964-T but not worse than the Quads for half the price. Or go with Livewires Trips.

I only got money for one IEM. I want to keep it as long as possible before buying another one.
The 1964-T is considered a neutral IEM as far as I've read. That'd be too boring for me.
So it's either the Duals or the Quads. With the duals I would have to pay an additional $50 for international shipping. The Quads ship for free (til march 1st).

So it'll be $325 vs $500. Would this make the Quad more attractive?

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
Quote:

I only got money for one IEM. I want to keep it as long as possible before buying another one.
The 1964-T is considered a neutral IEM as far as I've read. That'd be too boring for me.
So it's either the Duals or the Quads. With the duals I would have to pay an additional $50 for international shipping. The Quads ship for free (til march 1st).

So it'll be $325 vs $500. Would this make the Quad more attractive?

Simply put, Get the Quads if you want to spend the money but they won't be a significant upgrade over the duals.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 16
maybe i am not looking at this correctly but it appears as thought the freq. sweep for the quads is way more smooth and flatter than the duals. Also, the freq. response is broader on the quads. with a dual crossover vs. a triple crossover. Looking at the specs.. the quads almost 'have' to have a better no?

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 16
Yeah, I'm not getting that either. I would check with the people at 1964 EARS; I've found them to be very honest and open. I can't see the duals performing at the quad's level. The quad are just fantastic - by the way - from my standpoint.

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #10 of 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back