1964 Ears V6 versus JH13 monitors, equal?
Jul 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 27
Im going to get my impressions and order my iems from them tomorrow morning.

Ive broken it down to:
1964 v6
UM miracle
JH 11pro

have you been to them yet?

Unfortunately not, I try to sell some staff before I going :frowning2:
But hopefully I can go soon, within few weeks.
Did you applied for demo as well?
Please inform us (at least me:)
I'm really curious :)

Good luck man!
I wish you to found your sound!

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #18 of 27

Good luck man!

Yea I will do. S o far the customer service has been excellent, I've called up like 10 times asking questions about different models and they have been very helpfull ( im sure they were cursing me in their heads though)!!

By the way are you wasn't interested in the Frogbeats C5?

No mate, you must have me confused with someone else!!

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 27
Oh sorry.
I didn't express myself properly (my English still under process)

I mean did you ever thought about the Frogbeats?
They are British company should be good, I read a lot of good reviews about the C4.

Anyways you'll have a great day tomorrow :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #20 of 27

Good luck man!

I had my demo today and went for the JH11 Pro.

I listened to the 1964 V6s, UM Miracle, JH11 & 13.

My least favorite was the Miracles. They were a little too neutral for me. Vocals were also a little laid back for my liking. I can appreciate that the detail in music might have been high but I wasnt picking up on it because I was too concerned with the above issues.

1964 V6s were actually the first set i listened too. They were a nice fit (probable the easiest to get into my ears). Music sounded good too. Bass was slightly emphasized on. Mids were nice and clear too. They just lacked that "pow" I was looking for.

Next were the JH11. Excellent. Had the "pow" factor. Nice textured bass. Very clear and detailed. I was very happy with them.

Just for the sake of it I demo'd the JH13 too. They too were very very nice. But I couldnt detect anything that was worth £200 ($300 ish) more than the JH11s. I accept that this may be because I was running music from my iphone 5 off of Spotify, but for now and with my budget its just something I had to unhappily accept!

Cant wait to get my JH11's. I want to read more about them but for some reason there arnt many reviews on them

The service was excellent too. They did my ear impressions free for me too because I spent more than £500 :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 27
What a great day :)

Thank you man!
I have some questions if you don't mind.
Did they sad how long to make them?
What was your source?
Did you had to go to the GP for ear cleaning befofe they take your ear "copy" or just you cleaned them by yourself?

Yes that's a lot of many but if at the and of the journey you happy that's worth it I'm sure.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #23 of 27
I just checked now jh11_18ohm, jh13_28ohm, I guess the jh13 should be better with amp.
Anyway if the jh11 running nicely only with your phone that's the top notch portable rig.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #25 of 27
I just checked now jh11_18ohm, jh13_28ohm, I guess the jh13 should be better with amp.
Anyway if the jh11 running nicely only with your phone that's the top notch portable rig.

The impedance would make the 13 a better fit for the Iphone as efficiency is a nonissue but I suspect the extra drivers in the 13 may like a bit more current to control. Seems it wasn't a big deal either way with that source but the 13 probably separates itself a bit more with a better one.

Well, basically, I called the dealer this morning and upgraded to the JH16s...DOH!!!! If Im going to do it..i might as well do it right huh?

Hopefully my iphone 5 will be a good enough source untill I can get a Fiio X3 (which maybe a while whilst i pay off the JH16...damn)!

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #26 of 27
Well, basically, I called the dealer this morning and upgraded to the JH16s...DOH!!!! If Im going to do it..i might as well do it right huh?

Hopefully my iphone 5 will be a good enough source untill I can get a Fiio X3 (which maybe a while whilst i pay off the JH16...damn)![/quote]

Good man :)

I wish to be in you situation....
You will see how your phone works with the jh16 and later you can lurking on the selling forum or wait to the next headfi meeting at London last time was a lot of staff new and used as well.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #27 of 27
The 16 isn't better than the 13. They're simply different. There's a reason that they effectively cost the same.

The 16 has significantly more bass which is great if that's what you're looking for but the 13 already is a bit above neutral dead neutral. Lots of folks look at the 16 as a flagship and it's not. It's shared with the 13 with the 16 more purpose built for stage use and the 13 for getting a mix.

It's a personal preference thing but the 16 has significantly more bass than anything you auditioned. Maybe this will help. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back