1964 EARS V6 Thread
Oct 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #796 of 931
This has happened to me before. I just went to the Fedex office before it closed the night I saw the notice and they gladly let me have it after I showed proper ID. If they're still open you might want to try it out. Good luck and if not today, you'll get them tomorrow. Enjoy!

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #797 of 931
I wish they were like other companies where if it comes early you get an early delivery. However that's water under the bridge now. I'll get it tomorrow and then hopefully soon after my JH13 :)

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #800 of 931
I got the v6 Stage not too long ago. I haven't had a time to use them yet as it's busy at work today so I'll try it during my lunch break. They look good so far and the box they have looks nicer than the old case they had but less practical for me since I can't carry such a large box every day.

Also they are out of stock of the shorter cable so they sent me the longer cable. They said I could keep the longer cable at no additional cost. They included a small bubble mailer since they were planning on sending the shorter cable in exchange when it's in stock but I didn't need it.

On another note my JH13 arrived at my audiologist. I had JH Audio ship to them instead of me since I wasn't sure of my address. I'll pick it up on Nov 9 when there's a NY head-fi meet so gives me some time to play with the v6 Stage. Here's a quick pic of them off my phone.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #801 of 931
So far the fit is good but I will give it a few days just to be sure. 

As far as some initial impressions I really like them. The first thing is that the v6 Stage is not as warm as I thought it would be. It's actually not warm at all in terms of tonality. Clarity is very good here. I hear these with an elevated sub bass and smooth throughout. I don't think too many would find these to have a hot treble where it can make things sibilant. I am pretty impressed with the sound stage. With one of my tracks I heard more than just left and right but also some behind as well. I'm not sure how that works since they go right inside my ear but it's quite impressive for an iem. Overall the sound is near what I expected from my emails with them about the sound as they did say the v6 Stage was supposed to be similar to the v3 but improved upon. In that sense I wish I still owned the 1964-T which was their original lineup. The v3 is supposed to be an improved 1964-T so comparing that with the v6 Stage would have been interesting but alas it wasn't meant to be. Initially I was split between the v6 and the v6 Stage but I think I made the right choice. I have a bad habit of buying multiple headphones (or iems) with the same sound signature and then I gravitate towards one headphone instead of all of them. The v6 Stage doesn't conflict with my UERM as my neutral ciem.

One thing I'll need some time getting used to is the cable. I have a cable incoming from CustomArt but until that comes I'll have to get used to it. The memory wire is around half the length of your typical stock cable such as the ones from JH Audio or Westone. I guess it would help those with glasses (such as myself) with the shorter memory wire.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #803 of 931
  Your impressions makes me want to get this even though I have the V6. Haha

In your emails with 1964 Ears, did they offer comparisons with the V6? Maybe you can shed a little light on that?

I was thinking about getting the v6 as well but I decided it was most likely going to be a bad idea since it might sound too similar to my UERM or JH13. That never ends well for me and customs is a large loss if I sell as I use one and sell the others that have similar signatures. 

As far as the v6 and v6 Stage I emailed them shortly after it was announced and they didn't give me much other than it was improved upon the v3. The v3 is an improved 1964-T and I did own that at one point so I made my guesses from there how it would sound. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #804 of 931
  I was thinking about getting the v6 as well but I decided it was most likely going to be a bad idea since it might sound too similar to my UERM or JH13. That never ends well for me and customs is a large loss if I sell as I use one and sell the others that have similar signatures. 

As far as the v6 and v6 Stage I emailed them shortly after it was announced and they didn't give me much other than it was improved upon the v3. The v3 is an improved 1964-T and I did own that at one point so I made my guesses from there how it would sound. 

I would like to hear you comparing the JH13 and the V6-S :)

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #805 of 931
  Fedex disappoints me. My V6 Stage arrived in my city on Saturday but it wouldn't ship since it wasn't the scheduled date. I'll get it tomorrow but I would have liked for it to arrive early seeing as it's around 10 minutes away.

They did that to me, my V6's arrived at the local FedEx facility on Saturday, but they would not let me have them till Tuesday.  And I called before I went to pick them up and they said they were ready.  But when I went there I was told I could not have them, they were still in a shipping container.

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #807 of 931
I got the email from 1964 Ears this morning that they've received my impressions for V6-Stage and since I have paid already last week, they're adding me to the queue. Now the wait begins! 
popcorn.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #808 of 931
Dammit

Gotta forget I ever saw this thread:D I'm totally happy with my Triples. Well that's what I tell my wallet..

Hmm.. Guess I gotta email 1964-Ears and ask if they have my molds saved up somewhere or have they trashed them when they moved.

Nonono. Forget, not email.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #809 of 931
1964 ears archived my impressions from 2011 and asked me if I wanted to use those for my new CIEM a month ago, so I'm sure they kept yours too.  Thing is, they recommended that I get new impressions after two years for the best fit - so I went ahead and did just that.  My new set is decidedly more comfortable and lower profile than my last pair.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #810 of 931
Hey guys so been stalking this forum for a while and finally got my v6-stagesso figured might put up some impressions.

Firstly they sound amazing!! I'm no audiophile by any means but the easiest way to explain them is you can hear everything from the upfront vocal and dynamic kick to the subtle background effects the artist intended you to hear. It was like I was hearing synths and textures I've never heard before on the tracks I've been listening to for an eternity. If you are thinking about getting a pair, don't think just do it. They are incredibly wide and I feel like sound is enveloping my head.

The only thing I've compared them to are the ue900's which were nice but a completely class behind to the v6-s. The other was the ue11 which had plenty sub and mid bass kick but felt the soundstage was slighty smaller than the v6-s and while the ue11 had plentiful amount of bass it was quite muddy and lacked seperation from the kick and bass lines as what the v6-s provides. I think it is true to what most other people say that they are low end is tight and has plenty extension while the mids are slightly forward with great seperation and warmth. The highs to me are perfect, others comment on simbilance but can't say I'm getting heaps of that.

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back