1964 EARS V6 Thread
Dec 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #451 of 931
Quote:
[/SPOILER]
Agh just when i had some direction about buying high end iem... If you could transplant the less lush mids from the v6 onto the more balanced miracle frequency balance... Maybe the UM mage would match this description? Why does nobody make the iem i want...

Mage is tuned for a forward midrange and has a bright presentation. The bass on the mages could be best describe with quality rather than quantity. If you are trying to say less lush mids (less forward) then Mage is not your phone.

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #452 of 931
The V6 is really a steal for 650$. It can almost match my NT6 Pro in clarity. Very close. But they are far from burned in. I have only used them for like 3 hours maybe. The V6 has alot more bass than I thought they would have. More than the NT6 Pro but less than Wan Xuan I9 Pro. Mids are more forward compared to the NT6 and the soundstage is a little bit smaller. Need to burn in the V6 more.

I found them both better in everyway than Heir 8A and Westone ES5.

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #453 of 931
Quote:
The V6 is really a steal for 650$. It can almost match my NT6 Pro in clarity. Very close. But they are far from burned in. I have only used them for like 3 hours maybe. The V6 has alot more bass than I thought they would have. More than the NT6 Pro but less than Wan Xuan I9 Pro. Mids are more forward compared to the NT6 and the soundstage is a little bit smaller. Need to burn in the V6 more.

I found them both better in everyway than Heir 8A and Westone ES5.

I don't think BA drivers do actually burn in. 

Do you own both 8A and ES5? I am very intrigued by your last sentence. Can you comment more on the comparison between 8A and V6? 

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #455 of 931
Quote:
I don't think BA drivers do actually burn in. 

Do you own both 8A and ES5? I am very intrigued by your last sentence. Can you comment more on the comparison between 8A and V6? 

Iam not 100% sure about that either but my NT6 Pro treble improved alot over time. It was extremly harsh in the beginning. I have owned them both. My Wan Xuan i9 Pro has improved alot but it has a dynamic driver.

The V6 sounds clearer than the 8A. Less midbass and it can handle faster music much better. The bass got rather bloated during fast dubble bass drumming. The V6 has alot more treble. I don´t understand why the 8A has 4 drivers for the upper register when its very laid back.

The V6 is very neutral except that the bass hits very hard but less than the 8A.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #456 of 931
Wowzers. Some hefty statements by Metalboy. May I ask what types of music you were listening to when making these observations? I'm particularly struck by your preference of the V6 over both the 8A and ES5. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #457 of 931
Well I definitely agree the V6 is incredible. It's the best IEM I own right now - sound quality-wise - no matter custom or universal. Now, quickly coming up the real is the JVC three-dynamic FXZ100 (but it doesn't beat the V6). And the soundstage of the V6 is simply ridiculous!

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #459 of 931
Iam not 100% sure about that either but my NT6 Pro treble improved alot over time. It was extremly harsh in the beginning. I have owned them both. My Wan Xuan i9 Pro has improved alot but it has a dynamic driver.

The V6 sounds clearer than the 8A. Less midbass and it can handle faster music much better. The bass got rather bloated during fast dubble bass drumming. The V6 has alot more treble. I don´t understand why the 8A has 4 drivers for the upper register when its very laid back.

The V6 is very neutral except that the bass hits very hard but less than the 8A.

You own the ES5? How does it compare because I'm getting the ES5 next.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #462 of 931
Hi all,

Fantastic thread - some great descriptions here. Am just about ready to pull the trigger on the V6, but am a bit concerned that a lot of posts have remarked how much better they are when amped.

I plan to run them straight out of an iPhone 5. Does that mean that I can expect them to sound worse than you've all described? Would the Quads or v3 be better suited?

Am also a bit concerned about the bass extension. Am trading up from sennheiser IE8s, which were very bass heavy but had veiled highs to my ears. Does anyone know whether I can expect a nasty low end shock by switching to the V6?

Cheers!

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #463 of 931
Has anyone here heard both the 1964Ears V6 and Heir 4.A? I'd really like to see some comparisons if possible...

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #464 of 931
Quote:
Hi all,
Fantastic thread - some great descriptions here. Am just about ready to pull the trigger on the V6, but am a bit concerned that a lot of posts have remarked how much better they are when amped.
I plan to run them straight out of an iPhone 5. Does that mean that I can expect them to sound worse than you've all described? Would the Quads or v3 be better suited?
Am also a bit concerned about the bass extension. Am trading up from sennheiser IE8s, which were very bass heavy but had veiled highs to my ears. Does anyone know whether I can expect a nasty low end shock by switching to the V6?
Cheers!

That "how much" is really person dependent. Some of us can go the extra mile to hear a slight improvement. In the case of 1964 Ears products, I don't think they are inefficient enough to "require" amping but you can certainly experiment with different amps and see what they do to the sound. As for your question whether you have to have an amp to enjoy them, I'd say no. And this is true for all of their products not just V6. Some people have higher end DAPs like iBasso DX100 and have very mediocre universal iems. V6 out of iPhone 5 will, in my opinion, a better option than, say, a DAP plus an amp, plus an ok performing universal iem. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #465 of 931
My Dream Earz Aud-7X is what I imagine the V6 sounds like. I feel like somebody here has heard both, but I can't remember. Chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back