1964 EARS V6 Thread
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #197 of 931
At long last, they are here, the glorious V6.
Initial impression: build quality is excellent! from fit to finish, the custom art work looks awesome
beerchug.gif
Sound: these sound great for the first few songs so far, a bit on the warm side. Bass is powerful, lots of impact but tight and controlled. Mids are neither forward nor recessed, which is good for me. Highs are smooth. I suppose I will let my brain "burn in" before I comment more on the sound.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #198 of 931
Congratulations! Those look nice, and to my knowledge you are the first head-fi member to hear the V6 (custom version that is). Looking forward to some more impressions. I think they should have my ear impressions tomorrow. So it may take a little time but I'm that much closer to having mine made. Congrats again! 

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #199 of 931
Oh gawd, I'm so jealous right now.

Did you guys all go with the rush orders? Hate you all for delaying my pair of V3's 
tongue.gif
 (but seriously). On my 14th day of waiting...

On another note, when did they stop doing the customized foam insert on the pelican cases?

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #200 of 931
This is the mockup of my V6 which I will receive this Wednesday 

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #201 of 931
Quote:
At long last, they are here, the glorious V6.
Initial impression: build quality is excellent! from fit to finish, the custom art work looks awesome
beerchug.gif
Sound: these sound great for the first few songs so far, a bit on the warm side. Bass is powerful, lots of impact but tight and controlled. Mids are neither forward nor recessed, which is good for me. Highs are smooth. I suppose I will let my brain "burn in" before I comment more on the sound.

......... <insertjawdroppingface> I'm probably like 50-90-400% going to get these. Just waiting for them to get back to me from my e-mail. I kind of asked 1201230 questions and gave them all the custom images I'd like on the plates to ask if they could do it. Its been like 4 days I'm kind of worried but the weekend doesn't really count as buisness days.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #208 of 931
Quote:

......... <insertjawdroppingface> I'm probably like 50-90-400% going to get these. Just waiting for them to get back to me from my e-mail. I kind of asked 1201230 questions and gave them all the custom images I'd like on the plates to ask if they could do it. Its been like 4 days I'm kind of worried but the weekend doesn't really count as buisness days.

These are great. I say get them if you can. Perhaps call 1964 Ears directly, it's faster that way.
Quote:
does the v6 belong to a heavy bass iem or?

It depends what you mean by heavy bass. Heavy bass like a Denon or heavy bass like an ultrasone. However, if you mean bass emphasis then no, these are balance. No over emphasis in the mids or highs or lows. If my memory serves me, they have about %80-%85 the bass of the Denon D7000, lots of impact but not boomy, which is a good thing.
Quote:
i asked them and they said it is tuned to be audiophile-reference sound. so should be on the neutral side.

Quote:

From what 1964 Ears have said, they're not a bass heavy IEM. They've tried to keep this IEM as neutral as possible. I'd imagine they're quite warm and neutral, much like the UE18 Pro.

Audiophile sound doesn't exactly mean neutral, for example the RS1i. For the V6 however, to my ears they are not as neutral as my beloved DT-880, closer to the HD-600 I would say. They are on the warm side, slightly laid back. I didn't own any of custom IEMs so these are my very first pair of CIEMs along with the Miracle and Alclair Reference. I can only compare them to the galore of headphones that I had.
Quote:
Just wondering how long did it take for them to respond to your emails? For reference, if I should send like a little reminder nudge.

It was usually a day for me, your mileage may vary. I say call them directly, but sending a nudge is also a good idea.

Quote:
Congratulations! Those look nice, and to my knowledge you are the first head-fi member to hear the V6 (custom version that is). Looking forward to some more impressions. I think they should have my ear impressions tomorrow. So it may take a little time but I'm that much closer to having mine made. Congrats again! 

Thank you, they are really wonderful to behold.
Quote:
Wow that was fast... How long was your wait for the V6s? Rush order?

I sent in my impression for the Quads originally. Then one week after they got my impression, they announced the V6, so I sent them an email to upgrade my order to the V6. That was 1.5 week before the officially release date October 15, and then 2 weeks after the 15th, so a little over a month. No rush order.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #209 of 931
    I am trying to decide between these and a used jh16 pro and reshell them comes around +100 more than what v6 costs.
which one would you suggest as these might have the latest tech. thanks for help

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #210 of 931
Well I already have the custom artwork I'd like for mine created so I attached those files with the email. they're probably working around with it I'm guessing. I'll send a nudge if I don't get a reply by tommorow. Too busy to spend time on the phone really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back