1964 EARS V6 Thread
Jun 5, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #46 of 931
Interesting.....
popcorn.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #49 of 931

Quote:
I for one am shocked that it's ericp that's breaking the news.  

Well, who else would have been right for breaking this news if not me @ roy_jones? I haven't I suffered enough through the accusations and conspiracy theories? But then again, you probably don't know what I do for a living. I'm the perfect one to break this sort of news my head-fi friend. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #50 of 931
And regardless of who breaks the news, for those of us who enjoy 1964 EARS products (or are curious), this is exciting news. Get excited about the message (if interested), not who is delivery the message. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #51 of 931
I don't understand why it would matter who breaks the news. In any case, why wouldn't it be ericp10? I could understand you saying this to someone who doesn't own any 1964Ears product, but he owns one and stays up to date in the 1964 appreciation thread, but I digress
cool.gif

I wonder how big of a discount we get if we already own a 1964 product.

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #52 of 931

Quote:
I don't understand why it would matter who breaks the news. In any case, why wouldn't it be ericp10? I could understand you saying this to someone who doesn't own any 1964Ears product, but he owns one and stays up to date in the 1964 appreciation thread, but I digress
cool.gif

I wonder how big of a discount we get if we already own a 1964 product.

X2

I'll keep adding tidbits as I can pull them out of 1964 EARS @ cigarillofiend. Or who knows, maybe roy_jones will provide us with that next piece of information. 
beerchug.gif
  All I know is that I love music. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 931
Stay tuned, I think I'm close in getting the "tentative" official name of the upcoming 1964 EARS six-driver custom audiophile iem. Trying to get Vitaliy to break down and give up the info. LOL

I know you and the staff at 1964 EARS are seeing this @ Vitaliy. I am still loving my quad man!! Thanks for bringing my ears so much joy. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #54 of 931
I've been assured that the name won't be anything that I've suggested. So much for influence, huh? lol... 

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #55 of 931
Okay, the custom iem is tentatively named>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 1964-V6.

Could the V be for 1964 EARS' owner, Vitaliy? I don't know, but would make sense. Can't wait for more details to come out.
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #56 of 931
I've been following this thread for quite some time, as well as the appreciation thread. I'd like to thank you, ericp10, for all your efforts and in sharing with us your love for music, as we all share that same love and it's what brought us here in the first place. I'll be honest with you my friend, I was but minutes from sealing the deal for the Quads. Nevertheless, since they'll be custom tailored for my ears, I'd rather go all or none. Hence with the announcement of the V6, color me interested.
wink.gif
 The best part is, I'm not at all worried about the price point; if anything caught my attention, it's 1964EARS competitive pricing. Can't wait for more...
smile.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #57 of 931

Quote:
I've been following this thread for quite some time, as well as the appreciation thread. I'd like to thank you, ericp10, for all your efforts and in sharing with us your love for music, as we all share that same love and it's what brought us here in the first place. I'll be honest with you my friend, I was but minutes from sealing the deal for the Quads. Nevertheless, since they'll be custom tailored for my ears, I'd rather go all or none. Hence with the announcement of the V6, color me interested.
wink.gif
 The best part is, I'm not at all worried about the price point; if anything caught my attention, it's 1964EARS competitive pricing. Can't wait for more...
smile.gif

Hello i2ehan. What a nice message and thank you for your kind words. Well, I think you have single-handlely gotten 1964 EARS mad at me probably for losing them a quad customer, but then also happy that I got them a future  V6 owner...lol. Either way, I'm sure will enjoy what this company has to offer. I believe the quad and V6 will be different enough for me to enjoy them both. Happy listening. .................... Eric

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #58 of 931
I believe the quad and V6 will be different enough for me to enjoy them both.

Same here.. I'm hoping the quad & the "V6" will be the last two customs I'll need for a loooong time.  Also, I couldn't be happier to support a company based in the city I grew up in for 15 years and cherish dearly (Portland).  I'll have to make a note to stop by their office and say hi the next time I'm down to see my fam.

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #59 of 931

Quote:

Same here.. I'm hoping the quad & the "V6" will be the last two customs I'll need for a loooong time.  Also, I couldn't be happier to support a company based in the city I grew up in for 15 years and cherish dearly (Portland).  I'll have to make a note to stop by their office and say hi the next time I'm down to see my fam.

I hear Portland is a beautiful city @ FlySweep. I've been in its airport on my way to cover an event in Seattle. Off subject some, I'm sure those FA-011 will hold you over until the quad make it inside of your ears. They're different sound signature but both are very enjoyable. At this point, I enjoy the 1964-Q by a smidget more than the 011. But they are virtually tied in fun factor (more bass in the quad though).

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #60 of 931

Quote:
lol, in your dreams, I might sell mine though, just not my cup of tea, PM me for specifics

I'm with Buffalo and 1964 on this one. I was playing with some TD100s that just had way too much bass for me. As I lessened the venting through the cable, I had to also more damp the top to sound moreb natural and less sibilant. As I increased the bass, I had to reintroduce treble to not sound dull and sibilance wasn't an issue. The treble itself is not affected but perception is definitely affected. V shaped is the common sig for bass heavy phones for a reason.

This is interesting news. Eric, I suspect these may not be for you unless he has an extra bass tune available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back