1964 EARS V6 Thread
Nov 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #811 of 931
Hi Dre777, welcome!

When did they add your order to the queue? They added mine on Nov 7th, so it's getting close until I get my V6-Stages. Veeeery excited! Thanks for the review, they really sound fantastic. What are you using them with? Please post some photos! :)

-J

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #812 of 931
With 1964ears offering 15% off for BF I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of these. My only concern is sibilance, which I don't tolerate well. I'm not treble sensitive though and appreciate bright / detailed highs (if realistic / natural). My first higher-end IEM was the Denon C700 (aka 751) and as nice as they were compared to the cheap phone I had been using the sibilance was annoying. The SM64 is very good in this regard, as well as the W4 (but don't care for the veiled upper mids and mid-bass hump).

I don't need the phone to cover bad recordings - but not adding sibilance that is not there, and not adding emphasis if there is some in a recording is what I'm looking for.

Do any of you who own these have any thoughts regarding the V6-s and sibilance?

Thanks!

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #813 of 931
Hi Dre777, welcome!

When did they add your order to the queue? They added mine on Nov 7th, so it's getting close until I get my V6-Stages. Veeeery excited! Thanks for the review, they really sound fantastic. What are you using them with? Please post some photos! :)

-J

I went through a Melbourne based company,acustoms so I followed up and then were going to start on the 10th of October and I got them delivered to me on the 25th November.
So far I've only tried them on my HTC one, yes an absolutely failure of a source to compare with but those were my initial impressions so I can only assume they would sound even more amazing with a proper source.

Oh I'll try, but all I can say is the woodgrain finish looks awesome, I got the teak would so definitely worth the extra coin on.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #815 of 931
With 1964ears offering 15% off for BF I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of these. My only concern is sibilance, which I don't tolerate well. I'm not treble sensitive though and appreciate bright / detailed highs (if realistic / natural). My first higher-end IEM was the Denon C700 (aka 751) and as nice as they were compared to the cheap phone I had been using the sibilance was annoying. The SM64 is very good in this regard, as well as the W4 (but don't care for the veiled upper mids and mid-bass hump).

I don't need the phone to cover bad recordings - but not adding sibilance that is not there, and not adding emphasis if there is some in a recording is what I'm looking for.

Do any of you who own these have any thoughts regarding the V6-s and sibilance?

Thanks!

To be honest I never noticed sibilance until joker mentioned it to me but my dap and files are good so usually not an issue. However there is a slight emphasis on that.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #818 of 931
Currently torn between the V6 and V6s. The weird thing is when I tested the V3, Q, V6 and V6-S, the V3 had the most "kick" to the bass. I was about to pull the trigger on the V6 but many said that the V6-S has more kick which should be quite obvious but I didn't hear a significant difference.

The V6 killed the acoustic tracks. Guitar plucking was as clear as it can get, vocals were amazing. And the separation and detail. Blew me out of the water. It made me wonder why I sold the JH13s a few years back. The authorized retailer at my area told me that the bass will be better from the customs due to a better seal. But I'm not sure if better will be enough. Yet on the other hand, I'm afraid the V6-S will be too heavy such as to mask the highs and I love my highs to be clear and crisp like that in the V6.

Help, anyone?

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #819 of 931
Currently torn between the V6 and V6s. The weird thing is when I tested the V3, Q, V6 and V6-S, the V3 had the most "kick" to the bass. I was about to pull the trigger on the V6 but many said that the V6-S has more kick which should be quite obvious but I didn't hear a significant difference.

The V6 killed the acoustic tracks. Guitar plucking was as clear as it can get, vocals were amazing. And the separation and detail. Blew me out of the water. It made me wonder why I sold the JH13s a few years back. The authorized retailer at my area told me that the bass will be better from the customs due to a better seal. But I'm not sure if better will be enough. Yet on the other hand, I'm afraid the V6-S will be too heavy such as to mask the highs and I love my highs to be clear and crisp like that in the V6.

Help, anyone?

If you loved the universal V6 version you can always opt for the universal V6 :)

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #820 of 931
If you loved the universal V6 version you can always opt for the universal V6 :)

I love the V6 for everything except the quantity of the bass. There wasn't enough kick to it but the retailer told me the bass will improve from the seal of the custom version. I want them to be able to provide that "boom" from trance or house tracks when I opt to listen to them.

So I would like to seek the opinions of others using the V6 and/or V6-S.

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #821 of 931
I love the V6 for everything except the quantity of the bass. There wasn't enough kick to it but the retailer told me the bass will improve from the seal of the custom version. I want them to be able to provide that "boom" from trance or house tracks when I opt to listen to them.

So I would like to seek the opinions of others using the V6 and/or V6-S.

what source are you using? I found there was enough bass and kick when using FiiO X3 but seriously lacking with stock AK100

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #825 of 931
They added me to the queue on Nov 25 but, I ordered with the rush option and went straight to the build phase. My order is currently showing that my shells have been poured.

I can only imagine what you're going through. I can hardly contain my excitement and it's only been a week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back