1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #9,121 of 9,124
So after a time spending with some different cables, effect audio lionheart, dita truth cu and a forza audio cable, I find the stock cable still the best fit out of all of them for my A18's.

The best fit, as in, the most flexible etc., or sounding the best?
/me popcorn emoji

Someday, I need to get an Audio 64. Even their cheapest back in 2015 blew me away, gave me chills. If the question would have been directed at me (but it wasn’t just giving a vote on public forum), one of the biggest things to me for IEMs is comfort, so a cable should be light, preferably over ear but not having to constantly fidget with the cable to stay behind my ear (not usually a problem except with Bluetooth neckbands or if I run my cable down the back of my shirt), flexible and limp, not very microphonic to rubbing against clothes. Having been awestruck with the sonic improvement from Dana Cables, I realize there would be much less apprehension to shell out more money if I got to demo a cable first, as stock cables are usually pretty good (and used when tuning the product) and an improvement is rare. Lastly... I don’t mind if the cable is a little pretty to look at, silver or gold with a bit of luster, and I know plenty of people in the EDC community who buy flashlights, knives, and other doo-dads in different metals just because they look cool, but I don’t think I’d like a silver cable that oxidizes and turns green (knock on wood, the custom silver cable my friend made for me two years ago still looks great).

I’d be interested in @chupa ‘s answer as well. I have a feeling he means sonically.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #9,122 of 9,124
/me popcorn emoji

Someday, I need to get an Audio 64. Even their cheapest back in 2015 blew me away, gave me chills. If the question would have been directed at me (but it wasn’t just giving a vote on public forum), one of the biggest things to me for IEMs is comfort, so a cable should be light, preferably over ear but not having to constantly fidget with the cable to stay behind my ear (not usually a problem except with Bluetooth neckbands or if I run my cable down the back of my shirt), flexible and limp, not very microphonic to rubbing against clothes. Having been awestruck with the sonic improvement from Dana Cables, I realize there would be much less apprehension to shell out more money if I got to demo a cable first, as stock cables are usually pretty good (and used when tuning the product) and an improvement is rare. Lastly... I don’t mind if the cable is a little pretty to look at, silver or gold with a bit of luster, and I know plenty of people in the EDC community who buy flashlights, knives, and other doo-dads in different metals just because they look cool, but I don’t think I’d like a silver cable that oxidizes and turns green (knock on wood, the custom silver cable my friend made for me two years ago still looks great).

I’d be interested in @chupa ‘s answer as well. I have a feeling he means sonically.

HI Guys,

To my experience it is purely sonic wise. The stock cable sounds best to my ears. It gives more "air and space" and little more detailed sound when compared to ie. the dita cable. The dita cable is really great in term of ergonomics - the plugs are really awesome indeed and it does a great thing with the voices of the artists. But it makes the sound go all to the center - instead of spacious - which the A18 is great in doing.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #9,123 of 9,124
but I don’t think I’d like a silver cable that oxidizes and turns green

It was a problem some time ago indeed, but these days many cable makers have it sorted. No green stuff.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 19, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #9,124 of 9,124
I have an A12 back from the kickstarter. I've always really enjoyed them, but after getting into headphones and then getting into EQing them, I wanted to try to do the same with the A12. Unfortunately, most of the frequency response charts produced are for the A12t or U12t. The only FR chart I could find for the A12 was from Crinacle here, but not sure how accurate it is since he used an older rig to test it and the A12 is not on his site anymore:

FKnzZ1E.png

I was wondering if anyone has seen any measured FR graphs for the U12 or A12 or even any PEQ settings you like. I know this can change a lot with whichever module you have inserted, but it would be a good starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back