1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #7,816 of 9,124
Listened to U18 and Tia at CanJam, placed order for A18. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #7,818 of 9,124
What was your fav part about their sound?

I am mainly a headphone guy, recently going back to the portable market. To me U18 and Tia Fourte are the only two IEMs that wow-ed me, easy to drive (AK240 unbalanced out) and can compete with high-end headphones on certain facets.

U18 is very impressive for it's unmatched frequency range, both ends are extended well, sound stage is big and instrument placement/separation is great, really hard to pick on the SQ. Maybe the mids can be a little bit more thickened, like U12, but that might sacrifice some mid-high details.

Tia Fourte amazed me for it's effortless and natural sound signature, sound stage is very open and wide, providing a great sense of air and space, it's almost like the IEM doesn't exist in your ears and you are listening to a open-back headphones, U18 still have some hints of IEMs if you know what I mean. But Tia is not as revealing as U18 IMO, also it doesn't comes in custom is why I ended up with buying A18.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #7,819 of 9,124
I wouldn't mind at some point hearing the U18. It is another pricing tier above the U12 I have so I will certainly wait for a gently used pair. It took me long enough to learn to enjoy my U12 so for now that is the thing.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #7,821 of 9,124
U18+m15 pairing with DX200, its resolution, layering and instrument seperation are really superb.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #7,823 of 9,124
Is the U18 demo is available ?

Last time I checked, retailer take it for more burn in

Do you live in Thailand? If yes, U18 demo has been available around 2-3 weeks ago. I think now U18 might have enough time of burn-in. Tia Forte demo is expected to arrive by the end of this month. U18 is high sensitivity with low impedance. I have to decrease volume down than my U8 around 10 steps (I can't accurately remember) to make it equivalent to my preference level, moreover it has no hiss. For the person who purchased U18/A18 during special promotion last year, that price is really a great deal.

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #7,824 of 9,124
Yes, I'm thai.

I went to store on last saturday. Poor me that I've no chance to try it, also missed the special promotion. But these two maybe my next target when I save enough bullet for one of them. My list is K10e, u18, Tia Forte :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #7,825 of 9,124
I think earphone's market is one of the most markets having sonic diversity. As long as your bullet is still in your water gun, you still have too much time to tried out which one is your most favorite. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #7,826 of 9,124
The u18 is flat in the sense that no one part of the sound sticks out. It's similar enough to Noble's Encore in terms of signature to my ears, but with slightly more controlled treble. It's not reference to my ears, there's a lot of great bass. It's exciting and engaging, mostly smooth as hell. It's very similar to the u12 smoothness wise, but with a lot more treble energy and more forward mids.

The Tia is the most fun, by far. Extremely dynamic. Like Focal's Elear to my ears, but done far better. The treble air and spaciousness up too coupled with warm lush mids and bass head levels of bass is just extremely fun overall.

Oicic, what cable does the u18 use? Hows the fitting etc? Is it comfortable?

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #7,827 of 9,124
IMO, I think both A/U18, and Tia Forte are overpriced. It doesn't mean they are not good. I like U18 more than Tia.

If you got them on black Friday or with the show discount it's a pretty awesome deal, I do agree Tia is a bit overpriced, should be priced same as u18 or less. But on the other hand it's one of a kind sound signature.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #7,829 of 9,124

Oicic, what cable does the u18 use? Hows the fitting etc? Is it comfortable?

No idea on what the production cable will be. It's very comfortable and smaller than u12.

At CanJam they were using a rather nice pliable pure copper cable, good pair up and synergy with both U18 and TIA, but Chris mentioned that final product could be bundled with a more premium spc (silver plated) cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back