1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 7, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #7,351 of 9,124
Thought about it a couple months back but didn't go through with. Now I've decided to actually go ahead and sell my Kickstarter sourced Adel U8's.

Had around 15 hours use, don't get time to use em much. Will come with all accessories, none of which have been used, apart from factory cable being used once. Comes with the hard case as well as small black/red zipper case.
Along with standard module (s1?) and the MAM modules, the latter have never been used.

Thoughts on what I may get for them?

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #7,352 of 9,124
May I ask is there a review regarding 64 audio's u4 se? I'm pretty interested in those. Was wondering about the isolation, and I'm aiming for spacious clear and airy sound with wide soundstage without sibliance mainly :) 

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #7,353 of 9,124
Thought about it a couple months back but didn't go through with. Now I've decided to actually go ahead and sell my Kickstarter sourced Adel U8's.

Had around 15 hours use, don't get time to use em much. Will come with all accessories, none of which have been used, apart from factory cable being used once. Comes with the hard case as well as small black/red zipper case.
Along with standard module (s1?) and the MAM modules, the latter have never been used.

Thoughts on what I may get for them?

The 64 audio discount sale on massdrop.com had the u10 for $800.brand new.

I forget what the u8 was priced at. I would say a $600 for the u8 with default Adel module is a fair deal. The mam could be easily $175.

May I ask is there a review regarding 64 audio's u4 se? I'm pretty interested in those. Was wondering about the isolation, and I'm aiming for spacious clear and airy sound with wide soundstage without sibliance mainly :) 

U4se was only offered in Asian markets and never offered elsewhere. Until the discount sale on massdrop.com by 64audio.

This model is totally different from all other offerings of 64 audio. It is targeted at the audiophile crowd. All other iems of theirs are targeted at musicians.

Plus the output of the ba drivers are fed through the Adel module before emitting it into our ears. This is done only with U4se.

The isolation is high with the s1 module. And bass is more too.

The b1 module has lesser isolation than b1. Improves the mids and treble. No sibilance. More airy and the sound stage is wide.

The mams fully closed have the isolation of a normal iem. The Adel module isn't in play when fully closed.

It can set at s1, b1 setting along with many other settings. The setting midway has the least bass.

Each individual's ears are unique and each ear of the same person is unique. Mams allow each ear to be tuned to its own setting.

I've found b1 module or the b1 setting with mam to give good bass ( but less impact) while opening up the mids and highs without any sibilance. Sound stage and separation was very good. Airy presentation too.

G1 module might give better bass than b1 and better sound stage than s1 and less treble. S1 might sound very dark for some.

So you've multiple options to get a sound signature that you prefer and the isolation that you need.

With b1, I found the isolation good in work environments when music is playing. When music isn't playing, it filters out machine humming noise but can hear human voices slightly.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #7,354 of 9,124
The 64 audio discount sale on massdrop.com had the u10 for $800.brand new.

I forget what the u8 was priced at. I would say a $600 for the u8 with default Adel module is a fair deal. The mam could be easily $175.
U4se was only offered in Asian markets and never offered elsewhere. Until the discount sale on massdrop.com by 64audio.

This model is totally different from all other offerings of 64 audio. It is targeted at the audiophile crowd. All other iems of theirs are targeted at musicians.

Plus the output of the ba drivers are fed through the Adel module before emitting it into our ears. This is done only with U4se.

The isolation is high with the s1 module. And bass is more too.

The b1 module has lesser isolation than b1. Improves the mids and treble. No sibilance. More airy and the sound stage is wide.

The mams fully closed have the isolation of a normal iem. The Adel module isn't in play when fully closed.

It can set at s1, b1 setting along with many other settings. The setting midway has the least bass.

Each individual's ears are unique and each ear of the same person is unique. Mams allow each ear to be tuned to its own setting.

I've found b1 module or the b1 setting with mam to give good bass ( but less impact) while opening up the mids and highs without any sibilance. Sound stage and separation was very good. Airy presentation too.

G1 module might give better bass than b1 and better sound stage than s1 and less treble. S1 might sound very dark for some.

So you've multiple options to get a sound signature that you prefer and the isolation that you need.

With b1, I found the isolation good in work environments when music is playing. When music isn't playing, it filters out machine humming noise but can hear human voices slightly.

hmm seems like there's lots of options hahahaha. Thanks a lot man. Enjoyed the read. Just to clarify, B1 has less isolation as compared to S1?

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #7,355 of 9,124
Yes. But less isolation does not mean poor isolation. I find the B1 to keep out 90% of the world's ruckus. When I have music playing, it takes a lot for me to hear external noises over the melody.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #7,358 of 9,124
Really glad I took the plunge on a pair of universal U3s.

Definitely my favourite IEMs I've heard so far. Lovely balance, warmth, fatigue-free sound and superb clarity, no sibilance and the treble in general is really nice sounding aswell.

Plus using them with silicon tips (spinfits so far) and no discomfort at all. If I ever upgrade, it will be from 64 audio.
And really nice packaging and presentation of the IEMs.

A few hours in and I couldn't be more happy. They're everything I hoped they would be and more.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #7,359 of 9,124
Finally got myself a much better source than my phone (opus #1 dap) for my u10 and I think it's time to get the UE buffer Jack. Mids and treble are still ever so slightly recessed, and even with the u10 vs u12, I think there still is a little bit of extra mid bass that hurts the lower mids. In fact, compared to my super cheap in ears, the U10 currently sounds a bit warmer than neutral.

Interestingly, I was able to fix the slight recessed mids with EQ. It positioned the male vocals up front how my mind would master the songs.

I'm hoping that the buffer Jack can accomplish this such that I don't need eq (even though I can't hear any loss in soundstage or detail currently).

I've noticed that a bunch of my songs are mastered such that the vocals are already non emphasized. Recent pop seems to correct this with more forward vocals. (Rock seems to be a problem genre with regards to vocal positioning, so I've found with my song collection).

I wish the buffer Jack didn't affect sub bass, but I'm willing to take the hit to bring up the mids and treble. Eventually, spiral dots are on the list. I honestly don't know how to remove the comply without ripping it apart. Is there a trick to this?

I also wish the u18 wasn't so darn expensive so that I could do the upgrade. I just can't justify the u18 over BOTH a ZMF Atticus and eikon

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #7,360 of 9,124
Finally got myself a much better source than my phone (opus #1 dap) for my u10 and I think it's time to get the UE buffer Jack. Mids and treble are still ever so slightly recessed, and even with the u10 vs u12, I think there still is a little bit of extra mid bass that hurts the lower mids. In fact, compared to my super cheap in ears, the U10 currently sounds a bit warmer than neutral.

Interestingly, I was able to fix the slight recessed mids with EQ. It positioned the male vocals up front how my mind would master the songs.

I'm hoping that the buffer Jack can accomplish this such that I don't need eq (even though I can't hear any loss in soundstage or detail currently).

I've noticed that a bunch of my songs are mastered such that the vocals are already non emphasized. Recent pop seems to correct this with more forward vocals. (Rock seems to be a problem genre with regards to vocal positioning, so I've found with my song collection).

I wish the buffer Jack didn't affect sub bass, but I'm willing to take the hit to bring up the mids and treble. Eventually, spiral dots are on the list. I honestly don't know how to remove the comply without ripping it apart. Is there a trick to this?

I also wish the u18 wasn't so darn expensive so that I could do the upgrade. I just can't justify the u18 over BOTH a ZMF Atticus and eikon

Spiral dots increase the bass response by quite a bit. This is achieved by letting the nozzle of the IEM just sit at the very end of the tip entrance and letting the sound actually bounce on the Spiral dots' walls
Edit: Fixed nonsensical post

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #7,361 of 9,124
Yeah, I love the bass of the U12 with the Spiral Dots. The whole signature is resplendent. :L3000:

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #7,363 of 9,124
I found Spiral Dot is the most comfortable tip (compared to Spinfit and Sony hybrid) but its large bore could make wax easily entering the IEM's nozzle.

I don't find this to be the case if you keep your ears good and clean.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #7,364 of 9,124
Yes, totally agree with you
beerchug.gif
Quote:
I don't find this to be the case if you keep your ears good and clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back