1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 1, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #5,056 of 9,124

And even though I left it in comments, the paint-pen dots were just for the kickstarter run. We've been trying out different options (dots, colored thumb screws, anodized housings, etc) and we're going with colored top O-Rings, so people can tell which is which and has no fear of that wearing off.

-------------------------

I actually saw on the video tutorial that Vitaly had colored modules, so I tried to replicated it using fine point markers. Very easy and the coloring doesn't erase. The pic is from my cellphone, so it's not focused correctly, but maybe others can try this. 

May 2, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #5,057 of 9,124
Does anyone know what the orientation of the connector is for the U6?

I have a 2 pin cable which tells me which pin is - and which pin is + and would like to know how to connect it to the IEM so they are in the intended phase.

May 2, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #5,058 of 9,124
  Finally got my U6 review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-1964-ears-adel-u6/reviews/15885

Sorry in advance - it is quite a long one, but there is a breakdown on measurements of the MAMs, B1 and S1, as well as a short look at the effect of cables.

Great review Brooko. Given that the ADEL tech is fairly new in the current market and that the additional variables/improvements that these modules bring to the sound/experience, multiplied by the various modules, I feel, it is essential to have an elaborate review if one wishes to cover all these aspects. You and Twister6 have given the reviews these products deserve. 

Also, are your measurements raw or compensated?

May 2, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #5,059 of 9,124

Great review Brooko. Given that the ADEL tech is fairly new in the current market and that the additional variables/improvements that these modules bring to the sound/experience, multiplied by the various modules, I feel, it is essential to have an elaborate review if one wishes to cover all these aspects. You and Twister6 have given the reviews these products deserve. 

Also, are your measurements raw or compensated?

Mine are all raw, and the area above about 4-5 kHz is a bit shady because I have no calibration for the microphone, and I know it measures low in that area.  It is consistent though.  I'll eventually get enough info so I can simulate a properly calibrated device.  Until then I just have to use what I have.

Below 4 kHz does seem to be pretty accurate for raw data though - and that is where most of the change are happening with the MAM.

May 2, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #5,060 of 9,124

I have a 2 pin cable which tells me which pin is - and which pin is + and would like to know how to connect it to the IEM so they are in the intended phase.
They should be as per other iem. With the Left connector logo direction facing u, the right pin should be a +ve

May 2, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #5,061 of 9,124
Just got my B1 module today and WOW night and day difference. Aside from the lesser isolation, I dont see anyone preferring the S1 over these. If you thought the s1 was fatigue free, these take it to another level.

Is it just me or does everything sound thicker as well? Very very happy i decided to purchase the b1s.

Same here, I got it this morning and my U12 are glued to my ears, I didn't think the B1 would make such a difference with S1... the soundstage and imaging was amazing but this takes it to another level that I never thought I'd hear in an IEM. Can't imagine what MAM will bring :)

If B1 with U12 was it it would be nirvana already. 

I'd say the main selling point is B1 has better separation and transparency, significantly wider soundstage (eerie!). I don't think treble are that much more prominent in the mix, they're not forward but rather benefit from added separation and transparency. They do have added sparkle while remaining smooth. I don't find it to have weaker bass than S1 if anything the lower mids being less prominent bass and sub bass stand out more. Overall B1 is more articulate, transparent and airy.

@heyfi I'd say the S1 is thicker

I think we need to wait until the B1 novelty wears out to really compare to S1. Also, I wouldn't generalize it to all setup as some source might pair better with S1 than B1 (I am thinking cold / analytical sources). Might also pair better with some music genres, I haven't done enough listening to say right now.

Kudos to 64 Audio, ADEL really does bring a totally new way to get different tunings for your IEM that is very natural sounding.

May 2, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #5,062 of 9,124

Here is the user manual showing how to connect the cable.

https://www.64audio.com/img/1964OwnersManual.pdf

May 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #5,063 of 9,124
Getting my MAM today, expected them to be incredible!

May 2, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #5,065 of 9,124
Sorry a little off topic, but does anybody know the font name of 1964 Ears is? I want to do a custom
Art work that matches that font.

Thanks in advance

I think they're actually custom designed letters/numbers for our logo.

Email Alex in Customer Support and he should be able to help you out with this project.

Support@64Audio.com 

May 2, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #5,066 of 9,124
Hello just received manual modules.
The left is blocked and doesn't turn.
mad.gif

And he is upper than the right.

Can i press on it to fix it ?

May 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #5,067 of 9,124
  Hello just received manual modules.
The left is blocked and doesn't turn.
mad.gif

And he is upper than the right.

Can i press on it to fix it ?

Blocked and doesn't turn? Like the thumbscrew is stuck somehow? hmmm 

Are both able to give full range of motion, just one has less rotations on the thumb screw?

We can troubleshoot on here for everybody to learn from the experience, or we can do it via PM. I'm good either way.

May 2, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #5,068 of 9,124
Maybe by PM it will not pollute the topic ?
I send you a PM.

May 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #5,069 of 9,124
Ok so finally i sucessfully "fix" it. By forcing it with a clamp, it finally go down...
Maybe a blocked grease ?

More fear than harm
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks @Canyon Runner !

May 2, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #5,070 of 9,124
I'm glad that worked. As I mentioned in the PM, that's really strange. My only guess is that the threadlocker somehow set up at the bottom of the thumbscrew via shipping. Which is incredibly odd since that compound is not supposed to harden when exposed to oxygen.

For those of you following along at home, I offered to swap him new modules or we could try it this way.

I know how long people have been waiting for their MAMs, so the last thing I wanted to do is have somebody put them in the mail and wait even longer for something that would be an honest 10-15 second fix. I'm really particular about modules when I'm doing testing & checks for quality control, but weird things can happen during shipping.

Anytime something weird like this occurs, I will always offer to trade you new modules because we want everybody to be happy with their modules! This is the first time people outside of the company & reviewers, have received the MAMs. So if we run into something totally unexpected or weird things happen, let us/me know and I'll do everything I can to make it right. That's a promise.

While we're on the topic of MAMs, I do want to mention that for those of you receiving your MAMs in the mail right now, that one side is reverse threaded.

So if you have them in the little holder and you screw both of them one way, ones going to go up and ones going to go down. This way when they're in your IEMs, you roll them both the same way (forward or back) to get the same desired effect. It'd be really confusing for everybody if one ear open was twisting the knob the opposite way of the other ear, so the threads on the thumbscrews are in fact reversed on one side. I think in the MAM video, we referred to them as being mirrored, that's another way to say one goes one way and the other goes another. Just making sure we're as clear as possible about this detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back