1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #3,796 of 9,124
I got the bassy ones
biggrin.gif

U8

Looking forward to your opinion on its overall sound quality.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,798 of 9,124
  I think I have found my tip of choice for the U12, the large SureSeal from Aurisonics are giving me perfect seal with their sticky high grade silicon and even better confort than I had with the SpinFits on my S-EM9. I find better bass impact than with the Spiral Dots, highs are a tad better and sounstage also improved. I have deeper insertion that might explain those differences, need to open my jaw and close it and hop great seal.

Where did you buy the SureSeals? With Aurisonics being bought out by Fender, their site defaults to Fender and I can't find the tips. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #3,800 of 9,124
  Where did you buy the SureSeals? With Aurisonics being bought out by Fender, their site defaults to Fender and I can't find the tips. 

Indeed they switched over in the meantime it would seem and I can't seem to find the SureSeal tips on Fender's website :-\  I hope they don't drop the reference as I got a mix of different size but would like to get replacement L handy...

Edit : I looked and found some there : https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=aurisonics+sureseal

Probably can find it elsewhere but just ordered a box of 3 Large just to be sure.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,801 of 9,124
I am trying to decide between A6 and A12. How big is the difference between the 2 in terms of Soundstage, Imaging, Micro Details, Transparency, Dynamics and PRaT?

Strictly in terms of sound signature, I am leaning towards the A6. But these other aspects have me wanting the A12. 

Thanks for your help!

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,804 of 9,124
I have read here that cable comparisons can be quite contentious. So please excuse my ignorance, as a session musician and normally not into the audiophile scene I have been told by a couple of my studio engineer buddies in Nashille that wire is wire. At speaker voltage levels and short cables, silver/gold cables are snake oil marketing designed to separate me and my money.

After spending a lot of coin on these A12 cats, I am not all that excited about purchasing a $$$ cable.
Why is there so much disagreement on both sides of the aisle? Clearly, there must be sound science here.

Mike

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #3,805 of 9,124
Ok guys, last week I teased about an upcoming program for you and here it is...

64 Audio released the A-Series and U-Series In-Ear Monitors (IEMs) featuring the revolutionary ADEL Technology to an overwhelming success. The fidelity of sound quality greatly improved due to the ADEL technology absorbing the pneumatic air pressures and allowing your ears to hear music safely, like never before. The sonic quality and larger than life sound stage results in detail and instrument separation like you’ve never heard before!

Are you an Audio Enthusiast who is in the market for high quality earphones that not only produce the worlds best sound but also protect your hearing? During the month of March 2016, 64 Audio would like to offer special pricing to Audio Enthusiasts and Audiophiles that purchase the IEMs and write a honest, unbiased review on the A-Series or U-Series models. Please fill out our quick contact form and a rep will reach out to you shortly.

http://www.64audio.com/apply (Select the Audio Enthusiast option)

We look forward to working with you and hearing your feedback on the revolutionary ADEL technology!

If you have further questions, please contact steve@64audio.com or call 503-746-8510 Ext. 67

P.S. A week ago before posting this, I tried to reach out to the Mods again about upgrading my account to Industry Insider, or using 64's Head-Fi Sponsor account. But got nothing back.

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #3,806 of 9,124
  I have read here that cable comparisons can be quite contentious. So please excuse my ignorance, as a session musician and normally not into the audiophile scene I have been told by a couple of my studio engineer buddies in Nashille that wire is wire. At speaker voltage levels and short cables, silver/gold cables are snake oil marketing designed to separate me and my money.

After spending a lot of coin on these A12 cats, I am not all that excited about purchasing a $$$ cable.
Why is there so much disagreement on both sides of the aisle? Clearly, there must be sound science here.

Mike

You can answer your own question. Go to Home Dept and by lamp cord. How this up from your amp or receiver to your speakers. Then re-hook up your speak cable and serif there is any difference in sound.

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #3,807 of 9,124
  Ok guys, last week I teased about an upcoming program for you and here it is...

64 Audio released the A-Series and U-Series In-Ear Monitors (IEMs) featuring the revolutionary ADEL Technology to an overwhelming success. The fidelity of sound quality greatly improved due to the ADEL technology absorbing the pneumatic air pressures and allowing your ears to hear music safely, like never before. The sonic quality and larger than life sound stage results in detail and instrument separation like you’ve never heard before!

Are you an Audio Enthusiast who is in the market for high quality earphones that not only produce the worlds best sound but also protect your hearing? During the month of March 2016, 64 Audio would like to offer special pricing to Audio Enthusiasts and Audiophiles that purchase the IEMs and write a honest, unbiased review on the A-Series or U-Series models. Please fill out our quick contact form and a rep will reach out to you shortly.

http://www.64audio.com/apply (Select the Audio Enthusiast option)

We look forward to working with you and hearing your feedback on the revolutionary ADEL technology!

If you have further questions, please contact steve@64audio.com or call 503-746-8510 Ext. 67

P.S. A week ago before posting this, I tried to reach out to the Mods again about upgrading my account to Industry Insider, or using 64's Head-Fi Sponsor account. But got nothing back.

Is there a firm date as to when they are available?

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #3,809 of 9,124

This sounds great.

Is there a set discount price on the products (15% or 20% off), or is each applicant evaluated on an individual basis and offered the special pricing based on the applicant's profile? 

Could that mean that a person who has not written many reviews in the past, not getting qualified for this program?

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,810 of 9,124

This sounds great.

Is there a set discount price on the products (15% or 20% off), or is each applicant evaluated on an individual basis and offered the special pricing based on the applicant's profile? 

Could that mean that a person who has not written many reviews in the past, not getting qualified for this program?

It is a set discount.

And basically as long as you've done some form of review in the past, even as simple as a head-fi review for your DAP (or something). We just need an example of past writing really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back