1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 18, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #3,616 of 9,124
For those of you who want a 64 Ears CIEM with more bass, would you consider the A8 instead of the A12 or A10? I am thinking of A8 but I have not come across any reviews.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #3,617 of 9,124
I wanted less bass so I went with the 10s... They definitely still have excellent and present bass though.  8s and 12s are both supposed to have more bass than the 10s (supposedly the 'reference'/monitor of the lineup) for sure.  But I think it really depends on quite how much bass you want; for example the 10s have less bass than the aurisonics asg2/2.5 and heir 8.0s but they still have more bass than 'neutral' iems like the er4s or pfe112s.  Hell I think they have even more bass than the aurisonics harmony (harmony does have more subbass).

Also as has been alluded to it seems that the adel series bass is quite different than other IEMs... I want to say they have less impact and more texture than others but they still have a good thump.  Its almost like a faster, cleaner dynamic driver bass.  Texture and hit but very organic versus BA bass which sounds very artificial to me generally.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #3,618 of 9,124
Update on my A12s: 

I take it all back. I knew there was something wrong! I haven't touched the ADEL modules since receiving them a few weeks ago but after chatting with a few of you yesterday I fiddled around and realised they weren't fully inserted. They were maybe 7/8ths in but not all the way.

Now they're in properly I think the module has started doing its thing - the bass is now back to a reasonable level and goodness me isn't the presentation wide? And hello treble!

Much happier now - I can get on with some proper listening :)

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #3,619 of 9,124
@Wilderbeast Great news :) And also great tip for others that might encounter the same issue!

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #3,623 of 9,124
I use them for Forza, Fallout (3, New Vegas and 4) and GTA all the time haha!

I'm playing on ps4 (fallout 4), I was inside a tunnel about 30 feet from the door and my companion dog was barking outside the tunnel-he exited ahead of me. His bark sounded high left and FAR away to myself, as I exited thought the door he was probably 50 yards away up on a hill to my left. Sick

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3,624 of 9,124
Also enjoy GTA. When playing Black Ops 3 the sound stage is a legitimate advantage, I enable all the perks that increase my hearing and lower my sound signature in-game, ithe advantage is real.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #3,625 of 9,124
Finally we've got an official update on the Manual Modules.

Seems like they decided to send us the non-clicking modules starting next week

Too bad they spent so much time R&D the clicking ones but the backers still get the previous version.

I guess we'll start seeing more reviews of the Manual ADEL Modules starting next week

hopefully they won't be too hard to configure.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #3,626 of 9,124
Finally we've got an official update on the Manual Modules.

Seems like they decided to send us the non-clicking modules starting next week

Too bad they spent so much time R&D the clicking ones but the backers still get the previous version.

I guess we'll start seeing more reviews of the Manual ADEL Modules starting next week

hopefully they won't be too hard to configure.

Of course they will be. Why do you think they thought of the clicking modules. It will be a best guess adjustment between the left and right.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #3,627 of 9,124
Is it already known if and when the U-series will be available trough (European) dealers?

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #3,628 of 9,124
Of course they will be. Why do you think they thought of the clicking modules. It will be a best guess adjustment between the left and right.

Setting aside that people with OCD will need to have exactly the same number of clicks, it has been pointed out several times here that both the physical geometry and sensitivity of your two ears are different, and (I don't know this for sure) so might the two IEMs be slightly different.  You would be better off tuning them to your preferences and forget the number of clicks.  This isn't an exact science, it's meant for subjective enjoyment.  In some cases the enjoyment depends of precise measured settings to tagged the equipment right on target.  This isn't one of them.  

Moreover, for different music and different playing environments and moods you will want to re-tune them.  You'll soon loose track of clicks....that to me is the beauty of the adjustable modules.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3,629 of 9,124
Setting aside that people with OCD will need to have exactly the same number of clicks, it has been pointed out several times here that both the physical geometry and sensitivity of your two ears are different, and (I don't know this for sure) so might the two IEMs be slightly different.  You would be better off tuning them to your preferences and forget the number of clicks.  This isn't an exact science, it's meant for subjective enjoyment.  In some cases the enjoyment depends of precise measured settings to tagged the equipment right on target.  This isn't one of them.  

Moreover, for different music and different playing environments and moods you will want to re-tune them.  You'll soon loose track of clicks....that to me is the beauty of the adjustable modules.

Your last sentence really is the answer.

I also think that with imaging etc, it would be difficult to know if the left or right side needed more or less adjusting.

In the end, I would bet that most people will find a sweet spot that they like and leave it as opposed fiddling with it for every song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back