1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 10, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #3,406 of 9,124
  Star tips are designed for the narrower nozzles. But you can still make them work with these larger nozzles.
I used to use the medium (Grey) tip with SE846. I used them now with Angie's and U12, no problem. 

How did you stretch the stem to make it fit U12's? 

I'm looking at one now and startips stem is incredibly tiny and narrow

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #3,407 of 9,124
My U12 have shipped, 64 Audio has kept the 1 week delay promise, can't wait :)

Edit : Fedex send me a message, the U12 should arrive friday before noon... oh yeaaahh!

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #3,409 of 9,124
That's awesome! I'm waiting for my own pair to arrive, it's good to know that they keep the delay within 1 week.

Yes they did, I shared for those like me who were uncertain about it :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,413 of 9,124
My U12 should arrive tomorrow before noon, looking for a replacement cable (as my current replacement cables are all MMCX :-\ ), any suggestions of good pairing with the U12? (I know Whiplash TWau have been mentioned but out of the price range...).

I was considering Linum Balanced but out of stock for 3 weeks... I'd like something lighter than the current Whiplash TWcu and TWspc, looks like Norne Solv X for IEM could be it : any feedback on the cable and/or pairing?

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #3,414 of 9,124
  My U12 should arrive tomorrow before noon, looking for a replacement cable (as my current replacement cables are all MMCX :-\ ), any suggestions of good pairing with the U12? (I know Whiplash TWau have been mentioned but out of the price range...).

I was considering Linum Balanced but out of stock for 3 weeks... I'd like something lighter than the current Whiplash TWcu and TWspc, looks like Norne Solv X for IEM could be it : any feedback on the cable and/or pairing?

Thanks!

Maybe Moon Audio Silver Dragon?

Btw, I ordred the Whiplash TAau and will have it tmw. It was out of my price range but, what the hell. I hope I like it.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #3,415 of 9,124

Thanks!

I can recommend Toxic Cables ~
tongue_smile.gif
 Top quality and fair prices ~ Also it is based in the UK 

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #3,417 of 9,124
Maybe Moon Audio Silver Dragon?
Btw, I ordred the Whiplash TAau and will have it tmw. It was out of my price range but, what the hell. I hope I like it.

I have been the moon audio route before, granted not the silver one, and was not too impressed.

About the TWau this is probably a killer cable but I am not there yet... I'd probably look up Rhapsodio 2.98 SG if I went down the gold/silver route...

I can recommend Toxic Cables ~
tongue_smile.gif
 Top quality and fair prices ~ Also it is based in the UK 

Thanks for the recommandation, it seems though that they build IEM cables for TF10 and IE8/80, I don't see 2 pin there : ?

I've heard good things about the Moon Silver cables and I know @Twister has the Linum cable as well (not sure if he has the new one), but I would ask him of his thoughts. 

I have tested the Linum Balanced and it's really good, I might wait till it's available in 2 pin 

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #3,420 of 9,124
  Honestly, the stock cable works wonderfully compared with other cables I've tried. At this point, my view of cables are purely for aesthetics, not really an improvement of sound.

Yeah I really like the stock cable honestly. I could see switching to the ALO Tinsel or something light weight just to make it feel like you have no cable at all, perhaps. But it'd purely an aesthetic move, some of those cables can look gorgeous! I also just like that the memory wire part of the stock cable isn't stiff like some that I've had in the past.

In other words, I could see somebody doing a cable swap, but it's not a bottle neck that needs to be addressed for better sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back