1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 9, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #3,391 of 9,124
hey guys,

I am asking if you can share me how to use the Adel module?

You currently have the auto-module, which can't be adjusted. You can remove the module by pulling it straight out, and you'll be able to change modules in the future (when they are released).

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #3,392 of 9,124
hey guys,

I am asking if you can share me how to use the Adel module? Mine is similar to this picture below.

Besides, anyone have successful with changing ear tips? I am planning to use the Westone silicone start ear tips. I have good experience with them, just need to find what color will fit with the 1964 Adel Universal tube.
Thanks.

Star tips are designed for the narrower nozzles. But you can still make them work with these larger nozzles.
I used to use the medium (Grey) tip with SE846. I used them now with Angie's and U12, no problem. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,393 of 9,124
What's truly amazing that this change is just an artifact of pneumatic pressure adjustment inside of a measurement coupler with mic (Veritas setup).  This is not an EQ or anything like that.  I can't wait until Paul (@Brooko
) can run his measurements to confirm it with U6.

How can I make a frequency response graph for my A12's, what software and hardware do I need?

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #3,394 of 9,124

What's truly amazing that this change is just an artifact of pneumatic pressure adjustment inside of a measurement coupler with mic (Veritas setup).  This is not an EQ or anything like that.  I can't wait until Paul (@Brooko
) can run his measurements to confirm it with U6.

How can I make a frequency response graph for my A12's, what software and hardware do I need?

It's a very simple setup, http://diy.vibrolabs.com/products/veritas with a free software (also discussed HERE).  Obviously it's not on a level of professional measurement systems that cost arm'n'leg, but surprisingly enough it comes close and let you "see" what you are "hearing" :wink:

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3,395 of 9,124
Does anyone have an easy way to remove the ADEL module that isn't nail-based? Is there a tool that anyone has found? Nails aren't working for me because the modules very stubborn and nails don't offer enough leverage.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #3,396 of 9,124

It's a very simple setup, http://diy.vibrolabs.com/products/veritas with a free software (also discussed HERE).  Obviously it's not on a level of professional measurement systems that cost arm'n'leg, but surprisingly enough it comes close and let you "see" what you are "hearing" :wink:

Very cool. Would be great to see measurements of other IEMs you have access to!

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #3,397 of 9,124
  Does anyone have an easy way to remove the ADEL module that isn't nail-based? Is there a tool that anyone has found? Nails aren't working for me because the modules very stubborn and nails don't offer enough leverage.

Well, I have been using a butter knife, thinner part of it to remove my module :)  But, google for "chip removal tool".  You can find a ton on ebay for a dollar.  They look like this, designed to remove socketed ICs (like opamps, etc) and it should do the trick to remove auto-module.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #3,398 of 9,124

There isn't a better way to do it at this point. I brought it up last week with one of the head guys at 64, so it's at least being discussed. As for something to use in the mean time, we've found that tweezers work. Not using them to pinch, but one side to pry up on the module. If you notice that your tweezers might not be ideal for the task, don't risk damaging the IEM. It might work if you're having no luck with your finger nails though. So use your best judgement. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,399 of 9,124

Well, I have been using a butter knife, thinner part of it to remove my module :)  But, google for "chip removal tool".  You can find a ton on ebay for a dollar.  They look like this, designed to remove socketed ICs (like opamps, etc) and it should do the trick to remove auto-module.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with this tool but figured the metal tip would do more damage than good... especially when I don't need to make a move until I get the manual module.
  There isn't a better way to do it at this point. I brought it up last week with one of the head guys at 64, so it's at least being discussed. As for something to use in the mean time, we've found that tweezers work. Not using them to pinch, but one side to pry up on the module. If you notice that your tweezers might not be ideal for the task, don't risk damaging the IEM. It might work if you're having no luck with your finger nails though. So use your best judgement. 

I tried the tweezer but I got quite a bit of scratching on the surface of the module, which is unfortunate. I unintentionally pinched it while trying to get leverage, certainly my fault and was enough of a scare to make me give up. I'm a classical guitarist, so I have long nails on one had and extremely short nails on the other. I can't sacrifice my nails just to remove the module. :frowning2: Hopefully 64 figures something out by time they ship the manual modules and includes one in the package.

I might consider plasti dip on the IC puller when the time comes.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,400 of 9,124

I'll bruise a nail before I'll damage my CIEMs.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,401 of 9,124
I'll bruise a nail before I'll damage my CIEMs.

As would I. I've never used a tool, as side from testing with the tweezers here at the desk. Honestly that first time pulling out a module can be a bit of a pain, but after that it's not such a struggle. If somebody's in an absolute pinch... Although Alex's suggestion of a chip remover is smarter and probably safer, just can't find em in every drug store. Maybe a fuse puller would work, like from your local auto parts store (or any section of a store that carries car stuff for those in a bind)

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #3,405 of 9,124
You currently have the auto-module, which can't be adjusted. You can remove the module by pulling it straight out, and you'll be able to change modules in the future (when they are released).

Thanks for the info.

Star tips are designed for the narrower nozzles. But you can still make them work with these larger nozzles.
I used to use the medium (Grey) tip with SE846. I used them now with Angie's and U12, no problem. 

It's good to know that it works. Can you give me some comment on the sound after switching tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back