1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #3,091 of 9,124
I actually like my old case Better than the look of the new ones so I'm gonna look to drill holes in the foam to house my ADEL modules instead of getting the new case.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #3,093 of 9,124
  Hey all quick question, can you customize the U12 the same as the A12 ? Seems weird you wouldn't be able to but i dont see the option on the site and im not getting an answer from them. Cheers

AFAIK you can only get the U12 in black now, though a translucent red option was offered to Kickstarter backers. I don't think the U12 will be getting the same customization options as the A12, but different colour options wouldn't be hard for 64Audio to implement.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #3,095 of 9,124
Any thoughts on how the U6 would hold up in a live gigging situation for a drummer in a 10 piece horn band? Any musicians on this thread using these live? l am a drummer and have been using the Shure 215's for many years. l am curious if the U6 will have enough low end for me but still have enough separation. The 215's are just not cutting it for me..

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #3,096 of 9,124
  Any thoughts on how the U6 would hold up in a live gigging situation for a drummer in a 10 piece horn band? Any musicians on this thread using these live? l am a drummer and have been using the Shure 215's for many years. l am curious if the U6 will have enough low end for me but still have enough separation. The 215's are just not cutting it for me..

I have both 215 and U6, sound quality wise, the U6 is in a different league than the 215. The low end on U6 is much tighter with enough body to satisfy you with those bass guitar and kick drum, while 215 has this mid bass hump that makes it a little bit muddy, but not too much. The U6 also sounds clearer with better separation and detail. Both has smooth treble that won't hurt your ear for long period of use. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #3,097 of 9,124

You won't have any problems sound-wise, but I think you will have to consider isolation as well. New U-series orders will not be getting the manual modules, so isolation will be less than the SE215.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3,098 of 9,124
Thats a bummer on the isolation! l have the chance to buy a set of used U6's that came from the first run. The guy was still waiting for the hardshell case for them. l was hoping that they would have the same amount as the 215's. l need a lot of isolation as well as fantastic sound quality. lt was worth it to see what you guys thought about it. l am hoping l get approved by a moderator so l can open up a thread of my own!

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,099 of 9,124
  Thats a bummer on the isolation! l have the chance to buy a set of used U6's that came from the first run. The guy was still waiting for the hardshell case for them. l was hoping that they would have the same amount as the 215's. l need a lot of isolation as well as fantastic sound quality. lt was worth it to see what you guys thought about it. l am hoping l get approved by a moderator so l can open up a thread of my own!

Ahh, if the U6 is from the first run then it will include the manual module, which means isolation can be improved with the modules fully closed! I am also currently waiting for the case (and accessories), and hopefully I can comment on the isolation with the manual modules fully closed.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #3,100 of 9,124

You may also want to consider the SE846.  They isolate very well, like all the SE models, and have very extended bass depth.  They were a tad on the large side, which is part of the reason I moved on to customs.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #3,101 of 9,124

I play with the U8s, but the isolation is not really a problem using the auto-tune module. I think some musicians are concerned for isolation, but as a drummer, it's not such a big deal. If you can listen to the U6s and you like them, go for them, but owning the old V6 Stage (a little more isolation) and having owned the SE215's, I can agree with the other poster that these are in another league above the 215s. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #3,102 of 9,124
  You may also want to consider the SE846.  They isolate very well, like all the SE models, and have very extended bass depth.  They were a tad on the large side, which is part of the reason I moved on to customs.

l have heard great things about the SE846's!  l am trying to get the most isolation that l can due to not having any wedges on stage for ambience. My concern about not having enough low end power is because l am so used to having a large sub behind me during larger gigs. Anything will be a step up from the 215's but l would love them to really hit hard. l would love to get a set of customs but my last experience with my MG6 pros turned into an absolute disaster. l don't want to hijack the thread at all so l apologize! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #3,104 of 9,124
Since I got a notice with 32 euro's worth of customs fees, I'm pretty sure my X12 from Adel has arrived since leaving the US 1 day before Christmas.
Hope my wife will pick it up for me today..they better sound good after all that waiting/spec changing/name changing and all 
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #3,105 of 9,124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back