1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,671 of 9,124
Has anyone compared the V3 Stage and the A3? I'm looking at getting a first pair of CIEMs and have only considered the Noble 4C and these two from 1964 ears. Right now I'm leaning towards the V3 Stages because of the 6-drivers, but am curious what others think.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2,673 of 9,124
  Has anyone compared the V3 Stage and the A3? I'm looking at getting a first pair of CIEMs and have only considered the Noble 4C and these two from 1964 ears. Right now I'm leaning towards the V3 Stages because of the 6-drivers, but am curious what others think.

I believe you mean the v6 stage. They are the same price as the a3. I was wondering that also. Is the adel technology or the amount of drivers more valuable?

yeah must mean the V6 - the V3 has 3 drivers, hence the name :D 
In answer to 'more valuable' - that's subjective, and depends entirely on how how much music you normally hear etc. The ADEL is IMO a must have - audio fatigue reduction to this extent is lovely. 
Whether you 'need' more drivers I guess is up to you. The sound quality increase is entirely dependent on how much you appreciate the subtle differences. I went from the SM64s (3 driver) to the U12s (12 drivers) and definitely notice the difference - they just have more capability. But if you're usually happy with apple earbuds and just want something 'a bit better' then 3 drivers would most likely be plenty haha!

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #2,674 of 9,124
In answer to 'more valuable' - that's subjective, and depends entirely on how how much music you normally hear etc. The ADEL is IMO a must have - audio fatigue reduction to this extent is lovely. 
Whether you 'need' more drivers I guess is up to you. The sound quality increase is entirely dependent on how much you appreciate the subtle differences. I went from the SM64s (3 driver) to the U12s (12 drivers) and definitely notice the difference - they just have more capability. But if you're usually happy with apple earbuds and just want something 'a bit better' then 3 drivers would most likely be plenty haha!

I will be using them on stage, specifically with a wireless pack fed from an aviom system. Usually only a couple hours twice a week.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2,675 of 9,124
Did any one describe A12 from source matching standpoint?

My subjective ratings:
1. Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300): 5.0/10
2. S3+Oppo HA2: 5.5/10
3. S3+Teac HA 50: 6.0/10
4. S3+Chord Mojo: 7.0/10 (less thump in bass and weaker tone when compared to #2 or #3, I get nice synergy with D5000 but not so much with A12)
5. HM-901: 8.0/10
6. DX100: 8.5/10 (wider soundstage compared to #1)
7. DX100 + Alo Continental V3: 9/10 (improved tone)

I wonder if you agree / how do you find it with LG V10, HTC A9 or Continental Dual Mono and other sources (dacs/amps/phones)?

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #2,676 of 9,124

Yes, I meant the V6-Stage. My bad. I'd be using them just for music listening at school, on the bus etc. Right now I'm using IM70s and they're nice but would to upgrade to something with more clarity and less harsh highs and overall warm surround feeling. I also use my 650s at home which I love, so def. looking for an upgrade from those. Does ADEL only reduce fatigue? I don't really understand what it does after looking through their site. Thanks for the help 

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #2,677 of 9,124
My quick impressions of ADEL with my U8s and Spinfit Tips:

ADEL is the real deal!  

I've found myself listening at lower volumes and hearing the same detail and frequency extension that would only be possible at higher volumes with other IEM/headphones.  I'm not sure of the reduction to ear fatigue but that's a welcome bonus.

In regards to U8, sound signature is exactly as described by their "frequency charts".  There is more sub bass and mid bass than mids or highs but not in a disproportionate way.  To me, these reproduce the whole frequency range with a moderate warm tilt, which also helps with listening fatigue.  I would also say that the sound is very natural, but warmer than reference.  The U8s are a lot like the HD650 but do an even better job at detail retrieval, stage depth, and imaging.  The only thing the HD650 do better is soundstage width (obviously).

If you are looking for a universal fit IEM that you can listen to for hours and just relax, the U8 is it.  

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #2,678 of 9,124
Looking for some guidance between the A8 vs A6. Been reading through pages of info here, and have learned a lot. These will be my first pair of CIEM, so that should be an interesting experience. The ADEL tech has my interest, as it seems to help you listen to your music at lower volumes. The by product of this appears to be less fatigue and allowing one to enjoy their music for longer periods of time. 

I listen to a pretty eclectic assortment of music, but mainly EDM, pop and some classical. Songs have a lot of vocals within them and my preference has always been about clarity. I wouldn't call myself a basshead, but it like it tight, fast and relatively deep. I'll listen to a few rock songs when I'm in the mood, but the bulk of my music doesn't include it. Having said that, what do you guys recommend for the style of music that I listen to?

My current setup is a pair of Westone W30 and FIIO X5. I threw out the A8 and A6 because they fit in my budget. Only way to step up to the next level (A12, A10) is through some sort of sale from 64 audio (praying they have a decent sale for Black Friday this year).

Thanks in advance guys. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #2,680 of 9,124
Thinking about picking up the U10 at the end of the month. Too bad there's no way to audition in the Atlanta area. Anyone else care to share pictures of their u12 it u10 in ear, to alleviate my fit concerns?

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #2,681 of 9,124
Thinking about picking up the U10 at the end of the month. Too bad there's no way to audition in the Atlanta area. Anyone else care to share pictures of their u12 it u10 in ear, to alleviate my fit concerns?

What is your concern?

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2,682 of 9,124

SGS they fit super snug and really nice. I have really small ears and I had no issues with either of those two. In fact I think all of their universal IEMs have the same shaped shells. I honestly dont know how they fit the number of drivers they did in the shells because they really dont protrude out too much.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #2,683 of 9,124
Nozzle angle mainly. But that combined with size. I just don't want to feel like I'm wearing a demo that I have to adjust at an odd angle for the nozzle to hit my canal just right. I have fairly straight canals and the nozzle angle of the universal concerns me in pictures but may be a non-issue in reality.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #2,684 of 9,124
SGS they fit super snug and really nice. I have really small ears and I had no issues with either of those two. In fact I think all of their universal IEMs have the same shaped shells. I honestly dont know how they fit the number of drivers they did in the shells because they really dont protrude out too much.

Awesome, thanks. PM incoming.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #2,685 of 9,124
  Looking for some guidance between the A8 vs A6. Been reading through pages of info here, and have learned a lot. These will be my first pair of CIEM, so that should be an interesting experience. The ADEL tech has my interest, as it seems to help you listen to your music at lower volumes. The by product of this appears to be less fatigue and allowing one to enjoy their music for longer periods of time. 

I listen to a pretty eclectic assortment of music, but mainly EDM, pop and some classical. Songs have a lot of vocals within them and my preference has always been about clarity. I wouldn't call myself a basshead, but it like it tight, fast and relatively deep. I'll listen to a few rock songs when I'm in the mood, but the bulk of my music doesn't include it. Having said that, what do you guys recommend for the style of music that I listen to?

My current setup is a pair of Westone W30 and FIIO X5. I threw out the A8 and A6 because they fit in my budget. Only way to step up to the next level (A12, A10) is through some sort of sale from 64 audio (praying they have a decent sale for Black Friday this year).

Thanks in advance guys. 

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but I thought I would share my impressions. 

After getting involved with headphones, I started to become intrigued with CIEMs because I travel every week. The iPhone earbuds and the iPod Classic were not satisfactory anymore.

I became very interested in 1964 Ears even though I have a friend who sells Westone and one show sells JH Audio. I was going to order the V3’s…..then I moved up to the V6s – was about to order when I started reading about the Adel technology. I decided to wait for the A6 to become available.

Rachel at 64 Audio answered a bunch of questions and helped with the order process. They had a sale in September, and I jumped on it. The A6 was at the limit I decided I wanted to spend on earphones. It took the established 6 weeks, and it was enjoyable to check the website to see the progress. I also purchased a FiiO X5ii to mate up with the earphones.

I received the A6’s this past Monday, and they are beautiful – exquisite craftsmanship. I put them in my ears, and immediately felt a discomfort in my left ear (more on that later). I played a couple of acoustic / folksy tracks, and I was immediately freaked out thinking they may not have gone through QC…..that the  BA’s that produce the highs  were not hooked up…..there just didn’t seem to be any sparkly highs. I changed to some electronic based music, and yes…..there were highs.

Once I listen for several minutes…..I get used to the balanced sound (lows, mids, highs), and I really, really enjoy them. At first, the sound didn’t wow me due to the lack of highs, but listening for several minutes is very satisfying. Honestly, I would rather have diminished highs versus screechy or piercing highs…..I have no idea if that is what I would have gotten with other brands or not since these are my first CIEMs.

With further reflection….the A10’s potentially would  have been the perfect set for me. In a sense, I’m glad I couldn’t demo both……I really would have hated to come to the conclusion that I needed to spend another $800 to get the sound I really wanted. I tried to EQ for more highs using the X5, but that made the sound thin and unnatural.   

Well, the pain in my left year (high up in the upper ear – the Fossa where the Cymba contacts it) never got better. It wasn’t something that I would get used to, but something that needs to be fixed. I contacted 64 Audio’s support via email, and within an hour I received instructions to complete the RMA on their website. It was extremely simple, and I shipped them today. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back