1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 27, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #2,357 of 9,124
  Hi,
I'm planning to get 1 Adel and taking advantage of the GEARTALK15 promotion.
But I am still indecisive between A12 and A8.
I have read joker's review on the A12 and very much like it. Could not find a review for A8 though.
Is the A12 justify the $600 difference?

Really appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Here is another review. It compares the A12 to the V8 which is the version without the ADEL modules. I'm sure there are some differences between the A8 vs the V8, but at least you can get an idea of the general sound signature. 1964 have said that the A8 has more bass, while the A12 has good bass, but is more detailed.  

http://headfonics.com/2015/09/the-a12-ciem-by-64-audio/

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,361 of 9,124
Hi
I am also very close to purchasing a universal adel but it's a bit difficult to choose between the U6 and the U8. I am looking for a balanced sound signature that doesn't compromise on lower frequencies too much. The U6 seems to be the the one to get but I can't help but wonder if the U8 would be a better bang for my buck. Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #2,362 of 9,124
I haven't been following this because I have the A12.  I was trying to decide between the V6, V6S and V8 when the Kickstarter started so I switched to the A12 and love it.  I assume U6 and U8 are analogous to V6 and V8.  If that's true my comment would be that I am not a bass head, I'm into neutral and accurate and I like the A12.  The A12 has plenty high quality bass but I don't sense any compromise elsewhere because of it.  Maybe that's because the separation of instruments is so distinct.  Tastes vary greatly, it's always a personal preference.  In general I don't see the company being the go-to place for bass heads in any of their products.

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #2,363 of 9,124
Thanks for the useful comments! I am by no means a basshead but I do appreciate good quality bass. My instinct is to go for the U6 (unfortunately the U12 is beyond my budget!), since I appreciate a balanced signature. My only worry was that the U8 is only slightly more expensive, but might be a bit too bass-centric. Leaning towards the U6 now but any direct comparisons between the U6 and U8 would be very welcome!

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #2,364 of 9,124
  Thanks for the useful comments! I am by no means a basshead but I do appreciate good quality bass. My instinct is to go for the U6 (unfortunately the U12 is beyond my budget!), since I appreciate a balanced signature. My only worry was that the U8 is only slightly more expensive, but might be a bit too bass-centric. Leaning towards the U6 now but any direct comparisons between the U6 and U8 would be very welcome!

I've talked to 1964 and they advised that they U6 is the most balanced.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #2,367 of 9,124
Considering the U12 after reading a bit about them.  The ADEL technology intrigues me as a low-volume listener. Does anyone know how they compare to the beloved K10?  With the 15% discount for ADEL models there's not much reason price-wise for me to purchase the K10 over the U12.  

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #2,368 of 9,124
  Considering the U12 after reading a bit about them.  The ADEL technology intrigues me as a low-volume listener. Does anyone know how they compare to the beloved K10?  With the 15% discount for ADEL models there's not much reason price-wise for me to purchase the K10 over the U12.  

I've got the K10U, but am still waiting for my U12 to be shipped. In the meantime (if you haven't done so yet), be sure to check out jelt2359's fit for a bat CIEM shootout. The U12 should be very similar to the A12, and he directly compares the A12 to the K10 (in the A12 segment).

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #2,369 of 9,124
  I've got the K10U, but am still waiting for my U12 to be shipped. In the meantime (if you haven't done so yet), be sure to check out jelt2359's fit for a bat CIEM shootout. The U12 should be very similar to the A12, and he directly compares the A12 to the K10 (in the A12 segment).

Thanks, the waiting for the shipping date will be quite difficult (though we'll both have our Noble IEMs to tide ourselves over).  Looking at the shootout, it seems that the soundstage and imaging of the U12 are both quite impressive.  I'm particularly on the lookout for good treble extension, as that's the one thing I think the Noble 6 lacks in comparison.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,370 of 9,124
Hi guys. I haven't read the whole thread yet, so sorry if this has been addressed but: Anyone get what's the deal with the "sound signature" graphs on the 1964 page not being "normalized"? If you look at the graphs and compare the A6 to the A3 it's very clear. I mean, comparing these IEMs like this makes no sense (or at least it's very unclear) unless the total volume is the same. Or are we supposed to deduct from this that the A6 is louder? :D

Anyway, very intriguing models, I can't wait to try some of these. Especially I have the A6 in my sights because of the tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back