1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 1, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,086 of 9,124
1964 Ears really need to release some uncompensated frequency response graphs rather than the laughable block bars they are currently using on their website. That would allow people to make a meaningful choice and not feel burnt like some do in this thread.

Originally Posted by Levanter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs generally don't need amps. A better DAC gives better results.

They often don't need much power but they are often very sensitive to output impedance due to wild impedance curves. JH Audio Angie has an impedance of less than 5Ω beyond 6Khz. Using amplifiers with a high output impedance will significantly change frequency response.

Almost always the impedance listed in the specifications is highly deceptive due to these impedance swings.

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,087 of 9,124
  1964 Ears really need to release some uncompensated frequency response graphs rather than the laughable block bars they are currently using on their website. That would allow people to make a meaningful choice and not feel burnt like some do in this thread.

Like all the other CIEM manufacturers - JH, Noble, et. al. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #2,088 of 9,124
According to their new site, the U-series will be made with hard acrylic shells like their CIEMs, unlike the KS U-series. Interesting...

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #2,090 of 9,124
If I remember/understand correctly they have transitioned 100% to 3D printing for all of their IEMs (the KS U series will not be injection molded polycarbonate as originally envisioned).

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #2,091 of 9,124
What's the benefits of the different materials? KS U series backers will be what, acrylic? 

Anyone know if the new faceplates shown on the new website are what the KS backers U series will look like?

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #2,092 of 9,124
I'm excited that the A and U series are now available for order on 1964Ears.com. It is a little disappointing that the prices are higher than previously stated from the inital kickstarter description of staged pricing post-kickstarter at http://www.1964adel.com/img/Product_Features_8.png

For example, I'm interested in the U6, but now appears to be $899, $100 more than the originally stated $799.

Oh well, that's clearly their right to set / revise pricing. I'm looking forward to some additional reviews and likely will order U6 soon if finances permit. Might even consider springing for an A6 CIEM but I use my iems both with a DAC/AMP sitting at a computer desktop and from a DAP lying down at night. I'm told it may be challenging to get ear impressions for customs that provide good fit and seal in both positions, and thus universals may offer more versatility. Is that a valid concern?

Cheers, and thanks.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,093 of 9,124
I'm excited that the A and U series are now available for order on 1964Ears.com. It is a little disappointing that the prices are higher than previously stated from the inital kickstarter description of staged pricing post-kickstarter at http://www.1964adel.com/img/Product_Features_8.png

For example, I'm interested in the U6, but now appears to be $899, $100 more than the originally stated $799.

Oh well, that's clearly their right to set / revise pricing. I'm looking forward to some additional reviews and likely will order U6 soon if finances permit. Might even consider springing for an A6 CIEM but I use my iems both with a DAC/AMP sitting at a computer desktop and from a DAP lying down at night. I'm told it may be challenging to get ear impressions for customs that provide good fit and seal in both positions, and thus universals may offer more versatility. Is that a valid concern?

Cheers, and thanks.

I know the A series are available now, but I'm pretty sure the U series are still at pre order stage considering Kickstarter backers won't be seeing theirs until October.

As for customs, it doesn't matter if you are sitting or lying down. If the fit is good, it'll be good either way.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #2,094 of 9,124
  Might even consider springing for an A6 CIEM but I use my iems both with a DAC/AMP sitting at a computer desktop and from a DAP lying down at night. I'm told it may be challenging to get ear impressions for customs that provide good fit and seal in both positions, and thus universals may offer more versatility. Is that a valid concern?

Cheers, and thanks.

I'm getting the A6 (eventually, I hope) So I'll let you know how it is in both of those situations, as that's pretty much consistent with my listening habits! I'm a little concerned that blocking the Adel module with a pillow could have an impact on the sound, although the relative movement of the Adel module (to, say, the back of my HE-500) is very slight.

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #2,096 of 9,124
Looking forward to the soon-to-be-released ADEL modules, I want one for massive bass for when I listen to rap/watch movies and an adjustable one.  Its like buying one ciem and getting 20, who knows how many modules they'll release,

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #2,099 of 9,124
Did anyone try the lower end Adel models?
I'm looking to get a CIEM ~$700, and I was pretty much set on getting the V6-S, until I saw the Adel stuff today.
Is A3 or U4 worth getting over V6-S??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back