1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 22, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #2,027 of 9,124
I don't see a lot of people doing upgrades now. the creator trying to push hard to make any extra days through deadline.Thinking that lot of people will going to do upgrades.I wont be that stupid to upgrade just to cover there loses but they rather gave ambient backers a reward to upgrade to U12.I rather keep on my u8 series then re shelling the u8 in the future for custom iem.

Aug 22, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #2,028 of 9,124
I am a new comer for IEM
I couldn't find @Levanter review in the forum, would you mind telling which page is it?

Ok I made a post search by Levanter. Work your way from here and upwards. #11 has the the most recent impression/comment about it.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/posts/by_user/id/368842/page/100 :wink:

Aug 22, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #2,029 of 9,124
Ok I made a post search by Levanter. Work your way from here and upwards. #11 has the the most recent impression/comment about it.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/posts/by_user/id/368842/page/100 :wink:

Also check between pages 97-104 on this thread. There was quiete a conversation with others chiming in as well. On the Canjam thread, some people auditioned them both and gave impressions, but you'll have to dig deep.

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #2,030 of 9,124
Thanks for the information!!!
U12 is the first IEM that I have paid for more than $400, my last IEM tf10pro@@
For the ambient backer, the got free upgrade is really a punch to the u8 backer, but after trying the A12 demo, it is really a deal to get U12 for $9xx. Although you may think the u backers pay more to cover the lose from ambient ( that's what I think before)

As others said before, the reshell is only cost around $250, so it should be great if I can get A12 for around 1200 later on

And after trying the A12, may be U8 is too much bass for me.
I really don't how many people have upgraded, should be a few amount only

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2,033 of 9,124
What limitation?

super highs and really deep lows

don't take my words for it, compare a top tier single dynamic driven iem with a top tier 12 ba driven ciem and pair of well setup speakers.  listen to live vocal tracks.

by the way, not running down ciems as i do have 64ears v6 ciem, akjh layla (u), a12 (u), a10 (u), ve5 (u), ve6 (u) as well.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #2,034 of 9,124
super highs and really deep lo

don't take my words for it, compare a top tier single dynamic driven iem with a top tier 12 ba driven ciem and pair of well setup speakers.  listen to live vocal tracks.

by the way, not running down ciems as i do have 64ears v6 ciem, akjh layla (u), a12 (u), a10 (u), ve5 (u), ve6 (u) as well.

Use the tests at audiocheck.net to see how low/high your ciems can go. Completely satisfied with the performance of the A12.

Aug 22, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #2,035 of 9,124
There's no winning the debate with a dynamic driver enthusiast. SPL is SPL. The armature moves the same air. The difference is the decay. Dynamics typically decay double or triple the length of time of armatures, so it lingers a lot longer to the ear. To many this is perceptibly more natural and real sounding. To others it sounds slow and soft. As far as treble extension, dynamics do tend to extend further but it doesn't really matter if the music has no content up there. YMMV/not worth arguing over.

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #2,037 of 9,124
Outside of the IE800 I didn't know such existed. If you recommend a few I'll watch for the opportunity to try one out.

Sony ex1000
biggrin.gif
JVC's woodies. Flat-4 forgot those are dual-driver. I haven't tried them but Rhapsodio's RTi, RD3, etc have a decent amount of praise.

*edit* forgot the new Campfire Lyra has been getting some praise as well.

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,038 of 9,124

super highs and really deep lows

I don't really think that speakers are a fair comparison, since they also use multiple drivers (typically). In that way, they are somewhat similar to a multi BA IEM, since they use different drivers for different frequencies. 

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,040 of 9,124

campfire lyra, dita audio anser truth edition, ak t8ie ... just to name a few

the only part dynamic driven (hybrid) top tier ciem is sony's just ears

LEAR also make a hybrid custom, the 4.2 is 2 dynamic, 4 BA, I think.
Unique Melody have a few models like the Maverick which have some combo of dyn & BA.

Futuresonics make the mg6pro and mg5pro which both have single dynamic driver.
Aurisonics make the AS-2.5 with 1 dynamic 2 ba.

Though FS and AS are both oriented to professional use so maybe not what you consider 'top tier' (though I've tried the ASG-2.5 universal version and it is quite nice, as well as fairly popular in these parts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back