1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #2,012 of 9,124
I am chose to upgrade from U8 to U12 on the last day.
I just spoken to Steven from Adel this morning, 1964adel really trying to give us the best as they can. U1 and U2 are nearly finish, prototype has been tested if I didn't misunderstand his words.
although the communication is really bad before, he will try to give us latest update as soon as he can. The upgraded IEM should be shipped in mid/ late Sept.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #2,013 of 9,124
  I am chose to upgrade from U8 to U12 on the last day.
I just spoken to Steven from Adel this morning, 1964adel really trying to give us the best as they can. U1 and U2 are nearly finish, prototype has been tested if I didn't misunderstand his words.
although the communication is really bad before, he will try to give us latest update as soon as he can. The upgraded IEM should be shipped in mid/ late Sept.

I thought the shipping date was on late august early september..why they change again?jezz..i cannot wait for my u8 as i would expect them to be the best investment thus far.Upgrade was very expensive whats the point.Hope those u8 universal iem wont as big as jh layla..those  layla are huge iem which is fit to frankenstein ear.lol

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #2,014 of 9,124
I thought the shipping date was on late august early september..why they change again?jezz..i cannot wait for my u8 as i would expect them to be the best investment thus far.Upgrade was very expensive whats the point.Hope those u8 universal iem wont as big as jh layla..those  layla are huge iem which is fit to frankenstein ear.lol
even the u 12 is small enough to fit inside my ear with no issues. (and I have fairly small ears) so I wouldn't worry too much about the size. The jh ones are huge though...

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #2,015 of 9,124
What I mean is the shipment of the UPGRADED backer will be mid sept / late sept. The original U-Series backers (on kickstarter) are scheduled to ship in late August, early September.

I tired V8 before backing the U8, but after I tried the A12, it seems A12(U12) is quite suitable for my listening style, if you exclude the FREE upgrade from Ambient backer... U12 is really a great deal, the Jh really cannot compare with it. As I tired both the JH Layla and A12 at hifi festival in Hong Kong  in early August.

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #2,016 of 9,124
A12 is probably the smallest IEM for a 12 driver. Heck even my old JH13FP 6 driver is at least 1.5x bigger than the A12..
It's really amazing how they managed to fit all 12 drivers + ADEL module + crossover wirings, etc into a small shell..

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,017 of 9,124
  A12 is probably the smallest IEM for a 12 driver. Heck even my old JH13FP 6 driver is at least 1.5x bigger than the A12..
It's really amazing how they managed to fit all 12 drivers + ADEL module + crossover wirings, etc into a small shell..

Agreed, I have small ears and mine are VERY small, it's amazing.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,018 of 9,124
  What I mean is the shipment of the UPGRADED backer will be mid sept / late sept. The original U-Series backers (on kickstarter) are scheduled to ship in late August, early September.

I tired V8 before backing the U8, but after I tried the A12, it seems A12(U12) is quite suitable for my listening style, if you exclude the FREE upgrade from Ambient backer... U12 is really a great deal, the Jh really cannot compare with it. As I tired both the JH Layla and A12 at hifi festival in Hong Kong  in early August.

HAHA, excellent.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #2,019 of 9,124
As driver size especially for  treble and mid quad drivers (sit attached to each other-outwardly almost look like a single driver)-how many drivers can be stuffed into small lighter weight shells will probably increase quickly in the future. Hope this leads to greater sonics not just increase driver #

Nick

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #2,020 of 9,124
  As driver size especially for  treble and mid quad drivers (sit attached to each other-outwardly almost look like a single driver)-how many drivers can be stuffed into small lighter weight shells will probably increase quickly in the future. Hope this leads to greater sonics not just increase driver #

Nick

actually, no matter how many more ba drivers one can squeeze into a shell, there is still no way to match the performance of a good dynamic driven earpiece purely on the limitation of the ba driver technology

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #2,021 of 9,124

Do you have additional detailed impressions on the layla and u12 comparison?

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #2,023 of 9,124
I have read one comments from the U backer that we will be able to upgrade the U series to a custom in the future.Was it true?

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #2,025 of 9,124
  It's not in the future, but right now.

airkitoy is not talking about upgrading the order, but re-shelling the U-series into a CIEM. I remember in the Q&A they said it was possible, and it probably won't be over $600, so current U-backers are better off with the 40% off U12 instead of the 20% off A12 and re-shelling it in the future if it becomes available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back