1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #1,591 of 9,124
I wish there were some actual impressions for the A10. I'm more interested in that than the A12. 

May 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,593 of 9,124

Great info and makes me very excited. Maybe one way of checking on the ADEL module is to try it fully closed and then at the setting that you prefer. That might give you an indication of how much difference is due to ADEL, because if it is fully closed doesn't it mean it is pretty much acting like a normal iem?

Does you get the ear pounding sensation when the module is fully closed?

Unfortunately we only have the fixed ADEL module. However, covering the port totally with a tape or something does bring more bass.

Without covering the fix ADEL port, and comparing to the bass of the SE846 that I have (spinfit tips), the A12 loses out just slightly in the quality of its sub bass although it does extend down low rather well, and has better and more textured mid bass. However, it triumphs the SE846 in quantity, and yet it doesn't bleed much into the mids. Thus overall I'd say it has a better low end than the SE846.

As mentioned by @ericr, the A12 is deceptively detailed. The SE846 is a IEM with excellent clarity (to me), and on first impression it would seem to have better clarity than the A12 as it is brighter in comparison to the slightly warmer and smoother sounding A12. However, the A12 has better detail and imaging instead after prolonged listening. Despite its warmer signature however, the A12 does have treble that extends really well without being overly sibilant.

May 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,598 of 9,124
Sorry guys I was able to talk my wife into upgrading to the A12 after the kick starter ended.

I did drive to 1964 ears again yesterday and we listened to the A6 tho they did not have an A10 on hand to try.

May 22, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,603 of 9,124
Would the A6 demo be a universal version which would make it a U6?

I suspect the key difference is that the U6 is assembled as a universal, ie, manufactured en masse.

While the A6 demo would be built by hand. But they should sound the same, and that's just me speculating :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back