1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,561 of 9,124
Hi Soundblast75,

Which one of Encore, A12 & K10 is your favourite ciem?

Thanks

Impossible to answer, all are great, really..i should be so lucky to have em all but I don't want to, i only want one, these days it's impossible for people like me(read-needs a shrink:wink:, ill never have peace like that.
Trust me folks, don't do it,stick to one and enjoy it!:)
Whichever of these 3 you get for less money you won't be disappointed.

May 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,562 of 9,124
Impossible to answer, all are great, really..i should be so lucky to have em all but I don't want to, i only want one, these days it's impossible for people like me(read-needs a shrink:wink:, ill never have peace like that.
Trust me folks, don't do it,stick to one and enjoy it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Whichever of these 3 you get for less money you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply. I'll go for the K10. I'm in London as you, where did purchase your K10 or which website did you use?

May 6, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,563 of 9,124

Thanks for the reply. I'll go for the K10. I'm in London as you, where did purchase your K10 or which website did you use?

I am gonna list K10 for sale tomorrow, maybe we should meet, pm me if you want
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,565 of 9,124
So the K10 is a full custom that can be reshelled? How much for a reshell?

Can the A12 be reshelled?

No, its the universal fit one, not sure about A12, too early, but any custom should be ok to reshell

May 6, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #1,567 of 9,124
May 7, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,569 of 9,124
No, its the universal fit one, not sure about A12, too early, but any custom should be ok to reshell
your profile shows two Adel12s was it a typo or do you have a U fit and a custom one? I wonder why the k10 gets the boot and not the Encore and/or the A12. :p

Edit: anyone got a Light Blue shell color or the abalone faceplate option? My only references are photos taken during Canjam SoCal by zooming in on the demo panel haha. I did manage to find a v6 or v8 closeup photo with abalone faceplates. I'm wondering which shell color would match the abalone faceplate.

May 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,570 of 9,124
your profile shows two Adel12s was it a typo or do you have a U fit and a custom one? I wonder why the k10 gets the boot and not the Encore and/or the A12.
tongue.gif

Edit: anyone got a Light Blue shell color or the abalone faceplate option? My only references are photos taken during Canjam SoCal by zooming in on the demo panel haha. I did manage to find a v6 or v8 closeup photo with abalone faceplates. I'm wondering which shell color would match the abalone faceplate.

Thanks, corrected, only one.
A12 is superior to K10, but we are talking insane levels, they are all amazing and it will be a matter of preference if anything tho i find Layla superior in all respects - bass body and extension, soundstage, clean tone, separation and instrument positioning, listening to rock bands is insane, its like Grado level of placing and detail, but smoother and warmer, electronica is the best ive heard,
classical (violin, bass, piano) sound on the warmer side as opposed to AKG treble clean, yet its better, yet cleaner and very very involving!!
This is not analytical as some might claim, this is the king of iems!

A12 is similarly technically capable , very different presentation, less warm, more treble and mid details in your face, but only because layla is darker altogether, no less treble detail.
Love A12 and will go back listening to it soon, but right now its taken a back seat just for a short while..

May 14, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #1,571 of 9,124
Been spending more time with my A12 and am appreciating their capabilities more and more.

A few things setting the A12 apart for me:
  1. fantastic tone/timbre of acoustic strings & piano
  2. lifelike snare & hi-hat -- a real rarity in my (somewhat limited) experience
  3. significant clarity and detail of distant and/or quieter components of a track (even on very busy tracks)
  4. an impressive openness & realistic sense of space and venue and a distinct lack of an "in ear" sense
  5. truth in soundstage -- some phones exaggerate (or narrow/focus) the soundstage heard -- in contrast, the A12 adeptly presents the soundstage the recording provides
    1. Some have said the A12 soundstage isn't all that wide...     I suspect they've not listened to Sessions from the 17th Ward by Amber Rubarth on the A12. :)
  6. linear/consistent depth of stage, all of the way from far left to far right -- some headphones give me a perception of the stage more forward at center, or curving around (towards me) at the sides/edges 
  7. very cohesive and coherent across all aspects of its performance 

At this point I'm comfortable saying they very clearly (literally & figuratively) outperform my HE-560, V6-Stage & Beyer T90, as well as the Earsonics Velvet I have on loan.

A few of songs to put on your must hear list if you own the A12:

Lose Yourself to Dance - Daft Punk / Random Access Memories
An unheard of combo of addictively driving bass, vocal clarity, and "come-on" amazing placement/movement that puts you right at the club. 

Everything is Broken - Billy Burnett / HD Tracks - Open Your Ears Collection
Another track with a killer bass line, this blues/rock tune adds addictive distortion guitar licks (the A12 delivers effortlessly, along with

Sonnerie de Sainte Genevieve du Mont de Paris - Trio Sonnerie / La Gamme [also on Linn's 24 Bits of Christmas 2014] 
This excellently performed and recorded chamber piece showcases the A12's quality of timbre, sense of stage & venue, and lovely presentation of detail (esp. when the track is at pace)

The A12 has me on a hunt for quality recordings -- what songs leave you saying "Wow" with your A10 / A12?

May 15, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #1,573 of 9,124
@ericr Thanks for that review. Would you be able give us a quick compare to the V6S? (it will make a nice reference point for those of us who backed the U6, I think!)

Sure, I'll do some back & forth again this weekend. In the meantime I'll quote my own post from a few weeks back:

"Switching between the A12 and V6-Stage leaves me thinking the addition of ADEL is going to make those who backed the U6 & U8 really happy. At the KS pricing they could go down as one of the best iem deals ever."

May 15, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #1,574 of 9,124
Any word on when the U12 and U10 will be available?  I see some people on this thread (via Kickstarter) have them.  I was at Canjam SoCal and felt like I could order then anytime they are available.  Any info from owners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back