1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 18, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,441 of 9,124
You should've taken the drive to portland, it's worth the 6 hours drive :ksc75smile:  

It's a good thing I didn't know they were finished until after FedEx had picked them up, or that may have happened.

I can see it now: "Hey dear, how about I cancel everything at work tomorrow so we can take a road trip together! Oh, and would you mind driving on the way back while I Ignore you listening to my new Kickstarter headphones?"

I wonder how the Bifrost and Ember sound when powered by an inverter?

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,442 of 9,124
It's a good thing I didn't know they were finished until after FedEx had picked them up, or that may have happened.

I can see it now: "Hey dear, how about I cancel everything at work tomorrow so we can take a road trip together! Oh, and would you mind driving on the way back while I Ignore you listening to my new Kickstarter headphones?"

I wonder how the Bifrost and Ember sound when powered by an inverter?

We have done that twice when putting in our orders and get ear impressions and considered doing it for the pickup but are real busy these few weeks!

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,443 of 9,124

Enjoying the A12s. Fit is perfect in right ear but maybe a little tight in the left. Isolation was great on my two hour flight last night. Have listened to them from three different sources already; IBasso DX100, DX50 and Oppo HA-2 amped iPhone 6. All three sounded as good as I've heard them and the sound is sooo much bigger than the 1964 V3 I had. Great separation and imaging. You can really get a better audio image of left/right and front/back with these (even more so with the DX100). Very well balanced from low to highs.

Odd but my first impression when putting them in was, wow, these reach a lot deeper in my ear canal then the V3s did. Fortunately they are not uncomfortable.

More to come...

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,446 of 9,124
Anyone know if 1964 Ear's estimated date of shipping out the U series is still on time? Just wondering if there were any delays as I don't follow their threads closely.

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #1,451 of 9,124
Wow! 1964 Ears is really on to something here.

Note: My left ADEL module doesn't work quite right until pulled out about 1/3 the way, and I think doing so helps the right side a bit too.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #1,453 of 9,124
Hello.

I'm interested in Layla iem or maybe Angie now because I like reference or neutral or flat sound. Some people in Layla and Angie thread say me A12 and K10 are very very good iems too. K10 isn't neutral and I don't know A12 enough information.

I like my favourite hd800, Etymotic er-4s and Fitear f111 the best sound. I have too Shure se846, Fitear Parterre, Final Audio fibass and Atrio M5 but not have best sound for me.

This thread is very very big and a lot posts. Can someone make comparison A12 and Layla and Angie please? Your help I thank you very much because this is big investment for me. I want the best iem and when I'm happy with new iem want sell iems I don't like very much. I have ak240, I listen to classic music, jazz, rock, pop, folk and little of world music.

Where I live is not possible listen iems so I read online because is only possibility for information and decision for buy iem.

Thank you.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #1,454 of 9,124
Hello.

I'm interested in Layla iem or maybe Angie now because I like reference or neutral or flat sound. Some people in Layla and Angie thread say me A12 and K10 are very very good iems too. K10 isn't neutral and I don't know A12 enough information.

I like my favourite hd800, Etymotic er-4s and Fitear f111 the best sound. I have too Shure se846, Fitear Parterre, Final Audio fibass and Atrio M5 but not have best sound for me.

This thread is very very big and a lot posts. Can someone make comparison A12 and Layla and Angie please? Your help I thank you very much because this is big investment for me. I want the best iem and when I'm happy with new iem want sell iems I don't like very much. I have ak240, I listen to classic music, jazz, rock, pop, folk and little of world music.

Where I live is not possible listen iems so I read online because is only possibility for information and decision for buy iem.

Thank you.

I posted a mini impression a short while back, i'll edit a bit with some updates:

Mini short impression
A12 vs Layla Universal

Sound signature wise both are quite different, Layla's mids and highs are a quite recessed compared to A12. I won't touch much on the bass as Layla's bass is adjustable. However both Layla and A12 have satisfying bass response.
PRaT wise A12 is a touch faster than Layla, making them a bit more enjoyable on fast paced songs.

Soundstage wise, Layla is still noticeably bigger than A12. However surprisingly, i found A12 with better imaging, layering and separation despite the smaller stage. This does present a sense of better clarity for the A12.
While Layla in some tracks sounded epic due to their bigger soundstage and impressive bass response, i found their sound lacking in emotion or in other terms flat. Some have described Layla as neutral, but i find it hard to agree when the recessed mids is quite noticeable. I have already encountered a few who described Layla's mids as "stuffing cotton wool/toilet paper roll". 
However they do have the "flat" characteristic, whereby you don't feel that rush of emotions when you listen to songs. A12 on the other hand is immersive and sounded more natural which brought more feelings into the songs.

If you like neutral, then you should look at the A10 instead. The A12 is not neutral, but it is balanced.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #1,455 of 9,124
I posted a mini impression a short while back, i'll edit a bit with some updates:

Mini short impression
A12 vs Layla Universal

Sound signature wise both are quite different, Layla's mids and highs are a quite recessed compared to A12. I won't touch much on the bass as Layla's bass is adjustable. However both Layla and A12 have satisfying bass response.
PRaT wise A12 is a touch faster than Layla, making them a bit more enjoyable on fast paced songs.

Soundstage wise, Layla is still noticeably bigger than A12. However surprisingly, i found A12 with better imaging, layering and separation despite the smaller stage. This does present a sense of better clarity for the A12.
While Layla in some tracks sounded epic due to their bigger soundstage and impressive bass response, i found their sound lacking in emotion or in other terms flat. Some have described Layla as neutral, but i find it hard to agree when the recessed mids is quite noticeable. I have already encountered a few who described Layla's mids as "stuffing cotton wool/toilet paper roll". 
However they do have the "flat" characteristic, whereby you don't feel that rush of emotions when you listen to songs. A12 on the other hand is immersive and sounded more natural which brought more feelings into the songs.

If you like neutral, then you should look at the A10 instead. The A12 is not neutral, but it is balanced.

Thank you for reply Levanter.

Some people saying now Layla has mids is recessed and I have confusion because before people say Layla is perfect, flat, neutral.

Do you think really highs is recessed too? Is possible A12 highs is more high than neutral maybe and Layla has highs is flat?

Do you listen 2 iems in shop or you buy the 2 iems and listen in room in silence? Do you listen Angie maybe too? Some people saying Angie isn't warm like Layla but some people saying Layla is better. I want hear more near reference sound possible.

Emotion is difficult for description and I have confusion because some people saying se846 have more emotion than er-4s but is not my opinion.

Do you listen A10 iem too? Is A10 maybe similar with Angie?

I'm sorry I ask you many questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back