1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 14, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #1,416 of 9,124
  Any impressions/comparison of A10/12against Roxanne yet?

The Roxanne has a darker tonality, has smoother treble and nice bass extension and texture. Its soundstage is also incredibly large, wider and deeper than the A12's. Mids are extremely lush and prominent.

On the other hand, the A12 has a more balanced sound, with a touch more clarity and detail. Bass on the A12 is also a little heavier than on the Roxanne (with lowest setting). However, the bass presentation is fantastic, with good texture and punch.

My impressions are based on Jelt's custom A12. I wish I could get a better fit, but from my short audition alone, I am suitably impressed.

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #1,417 of 9,124
To me the Roxanne sounded more bloated and recessed compared to A12. But then again, i never was fond of the Siren series with the exception of Angie as i haven't tried that yet.

Separation, imaging and layering the A12 is noticeably better while Roxanne edges in front of the A12 in soundstage.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,418 of 9,124

Doesn't necessarily mean the A12 is better (though it could be) - it could instead mean that a CIEM addict can't help but buy the next nice CIEM - which in this case just happens to be the A12!
biggrin.gif

you read us so well mister :D

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,423 of 9,124

The Roxanne has a darker tonality, has smoother treble and nice bass extension and texture. Its soundstage is also incredibly large, wider and deeper than the A12's. Mids are extremely lush and prominent.

On the other hand, the A12 has a more balanced sound, with a touch more clarity and detail. Bass on the A12 is also a little heavier than on the Roxanne (with lowest setting). However, the bass presentation is fantastic, with good texture and punch.

My impressions are based on Jelt's custom A12. I wish I could get a better fit, but from my short audition alone, I am suitably impressed.

To me the Roxanne sounded more bloated and recessed compared to A12. But then again, i never was fond of the Siren series with the exception of Angie as i haven't tried that yet.

Separation, imaging and layering the A12 is noticeably better while Roxanne edges in front of the A12 in soundstage.

Thanks guys!  Roxanne seems to be able to hold up well against A12 then!  But even more detail than Roxanne? Wow.. that could be too much already.  I've heard some people hated Roxy for that!  I would really love to try A12 someday.  Though, I actually come to like the darkness of Roxanne after a week with it (universal),  I guess A12 would not be my type then. :p

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,424 of 9,124

Thanks guys!  Roxanne seems to be able to hold up well against A12 then!  But even more detail than Roxanne? Wow.. that could be too much already.  I've heard some people hated Roxy for that!  I would really love to try A12 someday.  Though, I actually come to like the darkness of Roxanne after a week with it (universal),  I guess A12 would not be my type then. :p

Well, if you absolutely love the sound of the Roxanne, the A12 will sound comparatively bright at first. It's hard to measure the 2 of them together, since they aren't an exact apples to apples comparison. Still, in terms of technical aspects, the Roxanne does hold up well with its wider and deeper sound stage, and a more authoritative midrange presence. Nevertheless, the A12 is an intriguing IEM, and definitely warrants an audition if you can find time for it. Apart from the fact that you might not like its sound signature, I doubt that you'll be disappointed with its sonic prowess.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,425 of 9,124
Well, if you absolutely love the sound of the Roxanne, the A12 will sound comparatively bright at first. It's hard to measure the 2 of them together, since they aren't an exact apples to apples comparison. Still, in terms of technical aspects, the Roxanne does hold up well with its wider and deeper sound stage, and a more authoritative midrange presence. Nevertheless, the A12 is an intriguing IEM, and definitely warrants an audition if you can find time for it. Apart from the fact that you might not like its sound signature, I doubt that you'll be disappointed with its sonic prowess.

I can't really imagine A12 being "bright", in fact it sounded a bit dull to me as it doesnt have the peaky upper midrange HD600 has. Ofc, that was my impression until I tried the cheaper V3 and realized all the details and body of the mids were gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back