1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 9, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #1,366 of 9,124
Could A12 owners talk about the amount of isolation you get?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 12's, but the thing I like about IEM's is the isolation they provide.  Does the ADEL module compromise this?  I'm on planes a fair amount of the time so I like the noise cancellation feature.

Any comments?

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #1,367 of 9,124
  Could A12 owners talk about the amount of isolation you get?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 12's, but the thing I like about IEM's is the isolation they provide.  Does the ADEL module compromise this?  I'm on planes a fair amount of the time so I like the noise cancellation feature.

Any comments?

Doesn't isolate as well as most customs, but when you get the adjustable module you should be able to close the vent. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #1,369 of 9,124
Made the mistake of choosing the u8 during kickstarter. Now paying for my mistakes by paying more to upgrade to the a12. I think I made the right choice now :sunglasses:

Why was this a mistake? I hope my U8s won't sound like a 'mistake' when they arrive... 
blink.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #1,370 of 9,124
  I sorta feel like there should be separate threads for the models or something now.... this one has basically just turned in to the 'people waiting for their A12s' thread. 

Oh don't worry, there will be soon enough lol

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #1,371 of 9,124
Why was this a mistake? I hope my U8s won't sound like a 'mistake' when they arrive... :blink:

Oh don't worry the v8 itself is crazy capable. It's a mistake for me as I should have backed for the A12 as I will prefer custom model more.
Nothing to do with the capabilities of the u8!

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #1,372 of 9,124
Oh don't worry the v8 itself is crazy capable. It's a mistake for me as I should have backed for the A12 as I will prefer custom model more.
Nothing to do with the capabilities of the u8!

Haha cheers - I was wondering if somewhere someone had posted a reason to avoid them or something! Anyway, let us speak no more of this - I'd hate for people to think I'm getting back into my old habit and start castigating me again... :D

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #1,373 of 9,124
  Haha cheers - I was wondering if somewhere someone had posted a reason to avoid them or something! Anyway, let us speak no more of this - I'd hate for people to think I'm getting back into my old habit and start castigating me again... :D

lol or just like ZzmadzZ you can request to upgrade your U8 to A12 :D

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,379 of 9,124
They are not vented IEMs.  That's sort of the whole point of the ADEL--relieving pressure without loosing the bass.  The A12 has abundant bass.  It's tight, deep, controlled and quite astounding.  There is no way for me to compare the isolation of the A12 to another CIEM since I don't have one.  What I can say is my home desk is in our music room and my wife plays the banjo. With the A12s inserted and no source playing I can barely hear the banjo--I mean it's a strain. Anybody who has ever been 8ft (2.4m) from a banjo pointing at them should have some idea of just how loud they are. If I turn on a source at normal music listening levels I can no longer hear the banjo.  When playing at normal levels my wife says she hears dead zero from the A12s -- even when she puts her ear close to my head she hears nothing.

I don't feel qualified to write a review but may post my impressions soon.  Right now all I can say is I listen to the A12s a lot and really enjoy music played through them which for me was the whole idea of backing them.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,380 of 9,124
i would love to try them but for now it is highly unlikely so this forum is the only source of information i can only rely on. i get the whole idea though and i am looking forward to hear more from you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back