1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 7, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,351 of 9,124
Thanks. The 200hrs ZX2 burn was true to my ears. The Encores pair amazingly well and it sounds like the A12s also match, its an amazing DAP, top!

My pleasure, sorry about the messy post:)
Id say the main thing b/n the two is Encore is warmer, analogue feel,mainly due to the soft hitting thick bass.
A12 is a super detailed,more digital but very open sound with thinner bass,but super quick and it goes deep when needed.also both sound very balanced,yet it feels you get further details and clarity with A12,but at the expense of slightly shriller treble(again its more so with the digital sounding treble of japanese sound of ZX,which im sure is about to change).Encore top sounds very reference , A12 is a little too ssss,tzzz etc due to being so open with its dedicated ba's. yet there's nothing wrong with that, just two different presentations,A12 is more mid,treble detail based,bass is a little thinner, Encore is a more Shure kind of treble(but much much better and present),its much warmer and bassier,whilst having less of the very top which is super prominent with A12.
I couldn't wish for two more complimenting each other ciems really.
If i had to say buy one of the two id definitely say go buy Encore, its absolute tot tier with its "only" 5 drivers and the price is amazing!
On the other hand, if you are beyond spoilt like me, you'd wanna go check A12 for sure(tho I wouldn't pay 2k for it),it is also an absolute stunner of a sound and comfort is the best ever to me because of the looser fit(some won't like it),Encore being silicon is an altogether thicker feel inside your head and i like that too, but to some it'll be intrusive whilst A12 is more comfy than any other iem or ciem out there!
Adel def works as in you get a more open and non fatiguing experience and sound, yet Encore is more in your head but still breaths beautifully.
I can't recommend both of them strong enough.

Also, yes @GuyDebord, the pairing with ZX2 is great to me too, i just love this dap and its 40 hours of flac:)):thumbsup::beers:

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,355 of 9,124
I think so+the rest of the accessories but im not back till the 17th

I highly doubt it. If it was they would have sent an update and I would have also gotten mine by now lol.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,356 of 9,124
I highly doubt it. If it was they would have sent an update and I would have also gotten mine by now lol.

You are prob very right, might be a zx2 case or something like that:laughing:

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #1,358 of 9,124
You are prob very right, might be a zx2 case or something like that:laughing:

My my... someone has been busy hasn't he lol.
Just received an email that the case + accessories will only be shipped in May with a possible delay. Looks like it could even be in June or July :frowning2:

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,360 of 9,124
Hehe I just jumped onto the a12. Just sent in my ear impressions yesterday~~. Now the wait begins :sunglasses::sunglasses:. Shall start playing with the designer tool now :smiling_imp:.

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,362 of 9,124
Hehe I just jumped onto the a12. Just sent in my ear impressions yesterday~~. Now the wait begins :sunglasses::sunglasses:. Shall start playing with the designer tool now :smiling_imp:.

I didn't know they are already accepting orders? I remembered they mention they will only start outside orders once the Kickstarter orders are all out.

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,363 of 9,124
I didn't know they are already accepting orders? I remembered they mention they will only start outside orders once the Kickstarter orders are all out.

Made the mistake of choosing the u8 during kickstarter. Now paying for my mistakes by paying more to upgrade to the a12. I think I made the right choice now :sunglasses:

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #1,364 of 9,124
Made the mistake of choosing the u8 during kickstarter. Now paying for my mistakes by paying more to upgrade to the a12. I think I made the right choice now :sunglasses:

lol how much extra did you have to pay? I think someone mentioned they quoted him the full retail $1,999 minus the amount he backed for the U series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back