1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #151 of 9,124
So when a U6 would be a V6-S with Realloud added - delivering "a louder, more spacious and richer sound" - U6 soundsignature would be like..... like what? And what about leakage when using the ambience filter? - as stated in 1964 Ears FAQ "Note: if using any filter except for solid, low end will decrease considerably"-

That is an old FAQ for their ambient port (read: open, no ADEL) option on their CIEMs....

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #152 of 9,124
So when a U6 would be a V6-S with Realloud added - delivering "a louder, more spacious and richer sound" - U6 soundsignature would be like..... like what? And what about leakage when using the ambience filter? - as stated in 1964 Ears FAQ "Note: if using any filter except for solid, low end will decrease considerably"-

See this post here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/75#post_11022139

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #153 of 9,124
  Higher price != better :)

But either way the SQ probably won't suck, don't think 1964ears will ruin their reputation like that.

I would have to speculate that the U and A series are designed by 1964 and the Control and Ambient are most likely ASIUS products since they are collaborating on this venture. So I would say the Ambient 12 is probably more consumer than "pro."

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #155 of 9,124

That is an old FAQ for their ambient port (read: open, no ADEL) option on their CIEMs....

I will have to agree with Ivabign, this technology isn't about changing sound signature, its about creating a wider sound stage, crisper highs, defined lows and changing the way the sound is coupling to the ear drum. This is a whole new way of thinking how audio is transferred from speaker to cochlea. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #156 of 9,124
I hope for all you early-birders that they sound awesome and that the marketing hype is justified. Look forward to reading your impressions in Feb/March :)

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #161 of 9,124
If it's like other Kickstarter projects it'll go until they run out of slots (1964 chose to do 500, so that probably won't happen). Excited to see what the stretch goals will be!

I guess that gives me time to think about another pair.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #163 of 9,124
I'm just glad for the price of the early bird customs, design/customization is included.. 
Btw for those curious, their U5 = similar to V6 signature while U6 = V6S

Interestingly they mentioned Ambient 12 has similarities with LCD-2 sound.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #164 of 9,124
  I'm just glad for the price of the early bird customs, design/customization is included.. 
Btw for those curious, their U5 = similar to V6 signature while U6 = V6S

Interestingly they mentioned Ambient 12 has similarities with LCD-2 sound.

I'm just curious as to how they're going to get 12 drivers inside that tiny housing. Maybe they have different sizes to correspond with the amount of drivers?

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #165 of 9,124
I've just asked this on their facebook page - but if anyone here knows the answer that would be a great way to get a 'benchmark' for what to expect:

@1964ears 3 questions, asked publicly to hopefully help: 1) Are the kickstarter U-series almost identical to V-series with the RealLoud 'valve' shut?Trying to get a benchmark for what I can expect to hear in the new Universals with the valve - i.e, the U8 ('closed') is essentially a universal fit V8? 2) Sound isolation isn't an issue, but will opening the 'valve' cause sound leaking? I'm worried everyone on public transport will get annoyed if this is the case! Sound leakage is a bus-goers worst nightmare. 3)Assuming my logic in question #1 is correct, will the U6 be the universal version of the V6 or the V6s?

Basically (and it's been said before here) - even if the new tech was complete rubbish: IF the sound is essentailly that of a universal V series, then this is an opportunity to get some of the best iems for a huge discount, right? We all know 1964's build quality and sound is fantastic, so I doubt that we can go wrong with these, even if the RealLoud stuff is a bit of a gimmick (the jury's out I guess(?))

Also, as a separate question for you helpful Head-Fi people, please help :s - clarity! I'm going to assume for the time being the U-8 is the same as the newish V-8, in which case, can someone point me to some reviews regarding the clarity of the V8s? I like bass, but I don't wont anything too muddy - that's why I left my Senn IE8's for Earsonic SM64s - I want somehting which still has nice bass, but is more focussed one a more neutral sound with crispness and clarity. But then, I don't want to have something with too LITTLE bass, which might be the case with the V6 Stage ones...(which I gather are closer the the new U-6's by the way, from facebook). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back