1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #136 of 9,124
There are news articles posted all over Facebook questioning flu vaccine effectiveness as well. All claiming to be from work by a john Hopkins scientist. But turns out to be just some HIV denier who did a post doc there once upon a time who isn't even a real medical researcher.

What I mean is news articles are poor sources for real scientific information.

Also, how do you or anyone know if this tech helps protect your hearing? You wouldn't unless you have the money and time to do a study.

Not saying it doesn't work but the talk to me sounds questionable. Because they talk about harmful pnematic pressures as if there should be a separation between sound and pneumatic pressure. Well sound wave are based on pneumatics so.. What is it that they are removing?

To me it seems like the real benefit of this port is a way to tune the sound. Which moght make it all the benefit anyone needs. But the hearing protection part... Umm I don't know.

I was talking about the news paper published in 1965 with the headline "Stephen Ambrose -Inventor of the Wireless In Ear Monitor." Thats going to be hard to discredit.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #137 of 9,124
lol earliest for the A12? 
When i was clicking to pledge the A12 it was still listed as 0 backers. But since i was outside using my phone with a capped internet speed i ended up being the 2nd. But overall i'm only the 7th backer. I think 1964 Ears staff were the earliest since i saw Vitaliy as a backer too lol.

Nope... I was no# 1 backer overall, unfortunately no employee (you really think they would order on KS?). U6 or U8, depending on 1964 Ears' clarification. Why don't they answer questions btw, they also need to have someone answering questions here because there seems to be quite some confusion.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #138 of 9,124

They would give priority to the backer number. I'm no. 2 for the customs, so i'd expect it to be February or i'll give them a probe...
You can still make it for February since there's still less than 30 backers for customs :D

But good news is JH13 turnaround time is just over a month. Quite fast.

Good to know. They also gave me a 10% discount, so there's that too :) 

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #139 of 9,124
Nope... I was no# 1 backer overall, unfortunately no employee (you really think they would order on KS?). U6 or U8, depending on 1964 Ears' clarification. Why don't they answer questions btw, they also need to have someone answering questions here because there seems to be quite some confusion.

Nope, 1964 Ears CTO is really a backer. You can see his name when you click on the backers at the top of the page lol
Btw it's 8 am now in Portland, so they would have probably only just arrived at work.

Good to know. They also gave me a 10% discount, so there's that too :) 

WTH??? How? You just emailed to ask them? :xf_mad: 
If i knew that works i would have asked as well... sigh

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #140 of 9,124
Hope anyone can help me as I am not familiar with any of 1964's sound (tuning) . I currently own a heir 8.a ( I thought it would be my last ciem) but now I am thinking of getting this ADEL mainly for the hope of preserving my ears and having great sound as well.  The Heir 8.a is lacking in bass imho . but it is very good.  I like clarity in my music.  I listen to mostly Mumford and Sons/Punch Brothers/Lumineers?head and the heart style music. tia!!

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #141 of 9,124

WTH??? How? You just emailed to ask them? :xf_mad: 
If i knew that works i would have asked as well... sigh

Pretty much. I did mention that I went to RMAF/CanJam where they were offering 10% discounts, but that I wasn't able to deal with that at the time. So I asked if I could still get it after the fact. I added in a 'pretty please?'. Apparently it worked :). Wasn't expecting it though. So in spite of all the negative comments about bad customer service, so far they've been very pleasant to deal with.

Will get my impressions done tomorrow and then I wait. Probably sometime in December, would be nice if they arrived on my birthday :)

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #142 of 9,124
  Hope anyone can help me as I am not familiar with any of 1964's sound (tuning) . I currently own a heir 8.a ( I thought it would be my last ciem) but now I am thinking of getting this ADEL mainly for the hope of preserving my ears and having great sound as well.  The Heir 8.a is lacking in bass imho . but it is very good.  I like clarity in my music.  I listen to mostly Mumford and Sons/Punch Brothers/Lumineers?head and the heart style music. tia!!

If you want neutral tuning, go for the 6 or 10 driver. If you want a bassy tuning, go for the 8 or 12 driver. I recently tested the V6-Stage demo (6 driver) and the bass was quite good, just not a bass-head can. Neutralish with very good extension.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #144 of 9,124
  Is the ambient series over ear? I'd like to try the 12 driver for the price, but it should be pretty huge. Having it over ear will help it stay in there. Hanging down... maybe easier to fall out.

Realize that it's a 12 driver two-way design. 6 low/mid, 6 highs (or the other way around). IMO kinda excessive.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #145 of 9,124

8A lacking bass? Have you checked the smaller bore? There are three in the 8A - the smaller of the three is the bass tube - since it is smaller, it can be clogged easier - but I have never heard anyone state that CIEM was lacking bass....

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #146 of 9,124

I have the 8.A and have given the v6 Stage a good listening to, huge huge amount more bass in the 8.A. Youbare not gonna find a custom with much more bass ... Maybe some with more subbass or a different bass presentation (speed, texture).

The 8.A are focused on bass, you might not have a good seal or there might be an issue with your unit.

That said the A12 might have better quality bass but I would count on that and really small chance of boticablu more Bass.

Maybe you should skip the pre order and wait till they get demo units in a few months... Especially if you feel the 8.A is lacking in bass your eirs or 8.A's are very different than most others and thus even a compqrision review might not be accurate or helpful for you.

Maybe you can demo the V8 and ask how much more bass the A12 will have vs those? To get a rough idea in a timely manner.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #147 of 9,124
I just signed on for the A12.  It's an interesting psychology that some of us would be willing to pony up that many $$$ without ever seeing or hearing the product. 

I suppose I won't know any better anyway.  I listen to SE535s on a FIIO X5 and have never owned a CIEM.  I simply trust what all of the Head-Fiers and other reviewers say about 1964Ears and that Asius and Stephen Ambrose are the real deal.  This is a pretty experienced team.   I'll admit that I am a little skeptical about 12 drivers in an IEM.  And I also prefer the sound of speakers with digital X-overs or better still no X-over (like the Sennheiser IE800).  That said, I expect the A12s to be a stunning sound reproducer.

Oregon just legalized marijuana.  I hope they get our A12s built before the law goes into effect!  

I am really looking forward to learning more about what I just ordered.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #148 of 9,124
Struggling between the Ambient12 and U8...
They set the Ambient12's MSRP higher which may indicate it's slightly better,
but then give it a 50%discount....
Maybe because unlike U-series which is base on V-series, Ambient is whole new series, no reference for buyer at all.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #149 of 9,124
So when a U6 would be a V6-S with Realloud added - delivering "a louder, more spacious and richer sound" - U6 soundsignature would be like..... like what? And what about leakage when using the ambience filter? - as stated in 1964 Ears FAQ "Note: if using any filter except for solid, low end will decrease considerably"-

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #150 of 9,124
  Struggling between the Ambient12 and U8...
They set the Ambient12's MSRP higher which may indicate it's slightly better,
but then give it a 50%discount....
Maybe because unlike U-series which is base on V-series, Ambient is whole new series, no reference for buyer at all.

Higher price != better :)

But either way the SQ probably won't suck, don't think 1964ears will ruin their reputation like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back