1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 12, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #6,556 of 9,124
would like to ask for recommendation whether external amp is need for several-driver high sensitive IEM like U12 or not.

I have read one said it is not necessary since it is high sensitive already - anything can drive it.

but some said that since it has several drivers controlling different frequency, the right amp is need for balancing all frequency to drive its full capacity.

What is your opinion, anyone? Or it is just individual favoritism. nothing's wrong?

I would like to know if my Lisa L3 with impedance adapter(to reduce hiss) is a valid idea. :)

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #6,558 of 9,124
I just ordered the UE buffer jack, $10.60 total with next day shipping, can't beat that. Hopefully this makes the A12's sound like they should have from the beginning WITHOUT a loss in sound quality/stage.

I look forward to your observations. Unfortunately living in Mexico precludes ordering the adapter as there's $70 shipping involved. Depending on your experience I may have to figure out how to build an adapter.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #6,559 of 9,124
I look forward to your observations. Unfortunately living in Mexico precludes ordering the adapter as there's $70 shipping involved. Depending on your experience I may have to figure out how to build an adapter.

Sorry to hear that friend, clearly a tax/import issue since we are neighbors and not seperated by vast oceans. I will get my observations from some quiet listening sessions as soon as I can.

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #6,561 of 9,124
Sep 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #6,564 of 9,124

Thanks for the link. Any suggestions on what value I should order? 20 ohms or should I go higher?

I would like to know an answer to this too. Can the 64audio experts and others help out? That would help in getting the most out of U12/A12.

They are cheap, I would suggest to get both 20 ohm and 75 ohm.  Don't think you should go higher.  The difference between these two values will be a bit of a compromise in terms of bass quantity variation and volume headroom.  For example, you might not have enough juice to drive U12 from your smartphone with 75, but 20 might give you a bit of a margin.  I would suggest getting both, but if you choose only one - go with 75 ohm.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #6,565 of 9,124

I would like to know an answer to this too. Can the 64audio experts and others help out? That would help in getting the most out of U12/A12.

Hello,

I'd suggest getting a 20 ohm impedance adapter... based mostly on the output impedance differences between audiophile equipment and professional music equipment and to minimize the volume loss you'll want to make up for...

- Chris

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #6,566 of 9,124
What about for pairing with Mojo? Mojo get's stupid loud, looks like the one I ordered (UE bufferjack) is 108ohms (not sure). Am I right in saying that you want the highest buffer possible if using an exemplary and powerful(loud) DAC like the Mojo and less ohm for quieter sources? Does higher ohm mean cleaner signal?

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #6,567 of 9,124
Bit off topic bur has anyone found an alternative to the metal picks for cleaning the bores, I know about thr jodi vacuum. If you use it please comment, I just broke my last pic, been theough several.

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #6,568 of 9,124
Sep 13, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #6,569 of 9,124
Bit off topic bur has anyone found an alternative to the metal picks for cleaning the bores, I know about thr jodi vacuum. If you use it please comment, I just broke my last pic, been theough several.

I use surgical/dental picks. You can find them on Amazon. It's very unlikely you'll break them cleaning an IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back