19" LCD around $200
Jul 7, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
I was considering it, but I read somewhere that it relly was more like a widescreen 17".

keep in mind that at least for lcd screens the industry got it right. the listed size is the screen size. i'm thinking you might've meant to say that a 19" ws looks like a 17" regular which is true when talking height of the screen. i prefer widescreens because of the added side to side real estate. something you might consider is the ability to pivot the screen which it looks like the viewsonic can't do. of course if this is no concern...

Jul 7, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05
keep in mind that at least for lcd screens the industry got it right. the listed size is the screen size. i'm thinking you might've meant to say that a 19" ws looks like a 17" regular which is true when talking height of the screen. i prefer widescreens because of the added side to side real estate. something you might consider is the ability to pivot the screen which it looks like the viewsonic can't do. of course if this is no concern...

Nope, I don't care about rotating the screen. I guess I have to decide between widescreen or not.

I'm really leaning toward the Samsung 930...
Which one do you think actually has the nicer pisture, the Viewsonic or the Samsung. I looked at a 19" Samsung at Best Buy yesterday, and it looked pretty darn nice to me.

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 25
Either way you can't go wrong, Samsung makes some really nice stuff (I bought a 27" TV made by them back in 1995 and not had one problem with it yet)

If you watch movies you may want to consider the widescreen, to me when I watch movies now on my LCD, it just looks amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #19 of 25
i have the samsung 914v that I got during Staples black friday sale (last winter), its still working great. I sometime play games on it, and it looks very good to me. no ghosting of any sort.

dvd movie watching looks sharp too.

but there was the initial 10-15 min image turning to make everything look comfortable for my eyes.

however it lacks DVI

And between the 920N and 930B, Id go with the 930B if I were to buy one right now because of the DVI and both of them have similar specs too.

Jul 7, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #20 of 25
Your mind might be made up at this point, but I'm using the Dell 196FP at home and at work, and it's quite nice. The resolution isn't as high as I'd like, but who can argue...it's $200.

Jul 7, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 25
Dude your not getting a Dell
evil_smiley.gif
(sorry had to bring that old commerical back)

That thing is 203 dollars, not to mention I think (correct me if I am wrong) Dell charges tax, not to mention they use the cheapest parts for the week. I would stick with a Brand like Viewsonic, or Samsung, and get DVI
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvw
I am not sure but someone told me Dell is made by Samsung.

Yeah, Dell doesn't actually make their LCD's, just the name badge and box.

Jul 8, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvw
I am not sure but someone told me Dell is made by Samsung.

The Dell FP1907 specs out identically to a similar Samsung (940b). I suspect that Samsung did manufacture it.

The LG 1932 is a nice monitor that I picked up at Best Buy for $270 or so. 4 ms latency, 1400:1 contrast ratio (compared to the Dell/Samsung 8 ms/700:1). DVI and analog interfaces. The LG took over as primary, and the Dell moved to secondary monitor.

http://us.lge.com/products/model/det..._L1932TQ.jhtml

Users who are viewing this thread

Back