19" LCD around $200
Jul 6, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 25
Do you play games? Those might have very low refresh rates since they're cheaper.

Jul 6, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 25
I have the exact same ViewSonic, I have had Samsungs in the past but I like the ViewSonic better. Don’t know about the BenQ.

Jul 6, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 25
I always had Viewsonic monitors before I got into flat stuff. They always had pretty good color. I'd have to see these flats side by side though.

Jul 7, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 25
samsung is the leading brand for video today, but i neve rliekd viewsonic, doesnt like the design, felt a bit chep and color to stale.

at newegg there is a Hans 19" widescreen with dvi and 5ms. i'm out of town for a long time and using a tv to browse the internet, its pretty horrifying. probably going to order that one myself. (although i have to remember to not throw objects at the screen this time when i get mad)

the one i really liked was the cimhei, the design is very nice, almost like a mac without the metrosexual. too bad it doesnt have dvi.

i'm not going to go argue about the visual difference between dvi and vga, but that samsung you're looking at doesnt have dvi and all new video cards today use them. my video card doesnt have vga out so using the dvi-d to vga adapter make's it very clunky and loose.

Jul 7, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
samsung is the leading brand for video today, but i neve rliekd viewsonic, doesnt like the design, felt a bit chep and color to stale.

at newegg there is a Hans 19" widescreen with dvi and 5ms. i'm out of town for a long time and using a tv to browse the internet, its pretty horrifying. probably going to order that one myself. (although i have to remember to not throw objects at the screen this time when i get mad)

the one i really liked was the cimhei, the design is very nice, almost like a mac without the metrosexual. too bad it doesnt have dvi.

i'm not going to go argue about the visual difference between dvi and vga, but that samsung you're looking at doesnt have dvi and all new video cards today use them. my video card doesnt have vga out so using the dvi-d to vga adapter make's it very clunky and loose.

The Samsung does have DVI, that is one reason I'm leaning toward it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going for the Samsung. Thanks all.
Now to save my pennies...

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #14 of 25
You should consider this view sonic $199 19" wide screen and DVI...I have had one for 6 months now it's been great
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
You should consider this view sonic $199 19" wide screen and DVI...I have had one for 6 months now it's been great
smily_headphones1.gif

I was considering it, but I read somewhere that it relly was more like a widescreen 17".

I will add it to my list, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back