$17.50 for a new Entech Number Cruncher 203.2 DAC?
Oct 1, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #31 of 68
I would definitely be in for some, maybe 5. I'm sure I can sell some.

Azure, it's not going to compete with some of the better DACs out there, but I've heard them, and they're not bad at all, and an absolute steel for this price, providing shipping is reasonable.

It would be great for a second system.

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #32 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
then what's the point of bringing up the original $299 price point as a way to show what kind of deal this is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Sorry, I missed that!
Of course. My point is don't judge a product's sound quality based on its MSRP. It's also wise not to judge a product based on price period, but I believe that a price does generally give you a certain sonic range that the product will most likely perform in.

exactly.... I dont think anyone will really evaluate a product based on price or MSRP, or its ucrrent ebay value. The original price can generally give you a ballpark idea though.

FWIW, I have found the 205 to be a noticeable step up from any of the DACs in my decks. Compared to my portable DACs its a very large step up.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #33 of 68
At that price I'd go for one. If I don't like it I can always donate it for a local meet doorprize.

Oct 2, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #35 of 68
changed my mind... My 205 is burning in nicely.

COUNT ME IN FOR 1 please
rs1smile.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #37 of 68
Just noticed that it is located in NJ. (10 mi from where I lived. XD I think I will call them tomorrow and maybe check out their store to see what else they offered.)

At 17.50... That is a very good deal. (I paid 35 for mine, delievered)

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #38 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by pojen_h@hotmail.
Just noticed that it is located in NJ. (10 mi from where I lived. XD I think I will call them tomorrow and maybe check out their store to see what else they offered.)

At 17.50... That is a very good deal. (I paid 35 for mine, delievered)

I e-mailed them with a nicely-worded e-mail....no response yet.

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #39 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
I e-mailed them with a nicely-worded e-mail....no response yet.

Thanks for the update. I will call them tomorrow, and maybe drop by their shop to see what they offered.

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #40 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by pojen_h@hotmail.
Thanks for the update. I will call them tomorrow, and maybe drop by their shop to see what they offered.

If you have the time, please check these people out. From the look of things, the response has been....not so good. And I though my $35.00 was an excellent price!!

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #42 of 68
Why don't you post this on the DAC forum or Computer Source Forum?

That'll probably bring more people into this group buy....
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Okay, I think mod has moved this to the correct forum now
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #44 of 68
Oh, and I want one if this Group Buy deal goes through
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back