~$150 IEM (details inside)
May 22, 2008 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

big-fi

500+ Head-Fier
I currently own a E500 and 2 x3's.

All the x3's recently died because they have a horrible build, their cables are way too weak in my opinion.

The cable in e500 is also wearing out so even when i send them in, I want a back-up IEM.

I love bass but also want clarity and detail.
I mainly listen to Hip-Hop and Soft Rock.

Suggestions?

I was considering SF5 but apparently they look horrible in public.

*I want something that looks decent and not ugly sticking out looking. (?)

Thanks.

May 22, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 24
I just got the Super.Fi 5 EB's this week and they are pretty phenomenal. I've actually been listening to more rock than hip-hop/dance music with them (and I'm an extreme basshead). Spoon's GaGaGaGa sounds absolutely amazing. Guitars are lush, vocals are pristine, and I'm not even at the 150 hour break-in mark yet (about 30 hours in).

They stick out, but when think about them relative to other headphones, it's really not that much more.

May 23, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 24
SF5Ps only stick out if you're silly enough to wear them the "normal" way. If you flip the earpieces (ie. the so-called flip side mod), they stick out as much as E500s do (ie. they basically don't stick out).

From your description of your music tastes, they sound like they'll do, though Westone UM2s would be better in every way if you're willing to spend a little more.

May 23, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 24
X2 on the Westone UM2s, the clear ones are very discreet and sound great. The braided cables are awesome too...soft and flexible like string.

I had SF5Ps and returned them, didn't like the fit.

May 23, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 24
ER-4P with Shure olives have good bass (not tons of it) and loads of clarity and detail. This is what I use, ER-4P + large olives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back