Apr 16, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #138 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
They're more or less (some of) the architects of industrial music. As in, Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Whitehouse, and Industrial Records. Add Stephen Stapleton (Nurse With Wound) to that list, as well.

Reznor certainly was tangentially influenced by industrial music but the music he creates sure isn't a representation of it.

I'm sure many would call me an elitist and/or a purist but industrial music as far as I'm concerned was less of a genre than a musical "movement" (a highly influential one) that had a finite life cycle and died in the early 1990s.

ohh, i've actually heard throbbing gristle and coil before.. interesting. i think i'll check the others out some time, thanks.

Apr 19, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #140 of 182
Does anyone know if the album is still coming out this year even though Maynard has left the band? I am not sure if he left, but there have been articles about him finding God and leaving Tool.

Apr 19, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #141 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by chase
Does anyone know if the album is still coming out this year even though Maynard has left the band? I am not sure if he left, but there have been articles about him finding God and leaving Tool.

*sigh*

Maynard isn't going anywhere, it was an April Fool's Joke. As far as I know, the album should be coming out late summer, or around that time.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #142 of 182
really, aprils fools you say... damn
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #143 of 182
Let's get this discussion going again.

I just woke up from this incredible state (was I sleeping?) after listening to the Salival album. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Sometimes I'll put on Disp/Refl/Triad, or some tracks from Salival and just completely zone out
580smile.gif

May 7, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #147 of 182
Some more info on their progress

Quote:

Okay, so D.C.’s playing the Modern Drummer thing with Volto! That’s fantastic, some of you will say, but what about TOOL? Well, Tool enthusiasts can rest assure that Danny is only taking a couple of days off from the band’s recording sessions, and, TRUST ME (trust me, TRUST ME!), all the TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, the POWERFUL BEATS, the COMPLEX TIME SIGNATURES and the INTRICACY OF CYMBAL (and electronic sample) WORK that TOOL fans have come to expect are being captured via the appropriate medium for you to attempt to assimilate, and, more importantly, to enjoy (that is, if you enjoy getting lost in a sonic labyrinth)! I know I have (even with the thread of Ariadne to guide me from the clutches of the Minotaur*), and it really gets strange when you move from one room in which the recording of a particular new TOOL (get the idea) song, or parts thereof, is being played (say, by a band member for a friend of his) and then, upon entering the adjoining room, a different song is being played by another band member on a different CD player (so that you can hear both simultaneously), well, that’s a bit much to assimilate, rhythmically speaking!

But, what I’m saying, drummers, in this writer’s opinion, although Danny continues to set the bar with his TOOL stuff… continues to push the envelope in experimenting with electronic samples (yep, he’s a few tricks up his sleeve for the new one), it sure is fun to watch him do his thing with Volto! That is, to watch him having fun. I hope lots of you get a chance to experience this ‘different’ Danny. And, for those of us here on the west coast, Volto! will probably return to one of those tiny jazz clubs for a date (TBA) in June.

May 8, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #149 of 182
Has the previous version of the Lateralus album's cover changed?

I've been searching for it, but every place has the dull looking one. Why did they change that? I mean the person with layers.

May 8, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #150 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet
Has the previous version of the Lateralus album's cover changed?

I've been searching for it, but every place has the dull looking one. Why did they change that? I mean the person with layers.

The cover changed? It used to be the plastic black sleeve over the entire CD case and then you could see the layered CD booklet barely through the sleeve. As far as I know, its still exactly that.... just the new ones don't have the lateralis typo, haha. Just the first million copies.

The schism radio promo case is dull compared to that. As in it literally isn't shiny like the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back