$1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less
May 9, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #76 of 115

I haven't, although I really enjoy the D600, one of my favorite headphones in its price range. It makes EDM really fun to listen to, and I would assume D7100 is if anything, just a better version.

I haven't heard the D600 but the D7100 was such a monstrous disappointment. Sounded, to me, like Beats By Denon. The midbass hump was so big it swallowed up everything else. I'm a bass guy but it has to be big bass that complements the music, not devour it. Even at lower volumes when bass happened it was like the speakers couldn't figure out how to play the bass as well as other stuff. 

May 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #77 of 115

I haven't heard the D600 but the D7100 was such a monstrous disappointment. Sounded, to me, like Beats By Denon. The midbass hump was so big it swallowed up everything else. I'm a bass guy but it has to be big bass that complements the music, not devour it. Even at lower volumes when bass happened it was like the speakers couldn't figure out how to play the bass as well as other stuff. 

That's entirely disappointing. I can't imagine being that hard to simply make a better version of the d600 :frowning2:

May 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #78 of 115

That's entirely disappointing. I can't imagine being that hard to simply make a better version of the d600 :frowning2:

From what I've read, the best bet is to travel over to Fostex and the TH900 if you're aiming for that kind of product. 

May 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #80 of 115

Alpha Dog, ZMF X Vibro, FAD Pandora Hope IV are all in the same price range and sound way better.

May 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #81 of 115
  Alpha Dog, ZMF X Vibro, FAD Pandora Hope IV are all in the same price range and sound way better.

Hope VI, just for the record. The IV isn't nearly as good. 

I still say the Hope VI is the best headphone I've ever heard. I haven't heard all the best of the best, but so far. 

May 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #86 of 115
Sennheiser hd598 250 $, dragonfly v1.2 150$ = 400 $ , and 600 for beer.

Personally wine increases overall listening experience, beer just gives a little extra bass :atsmile:

May 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #87 of 115
Personally wine increases overall listening experience, beer just gives a little extra bass
atsmile.gif

Depends on the music. You better not be listening to Queens of the Stone Age or Melvins drinking wine, LOL. 

May 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #88 of 115
Depends on the music. You better not be listening to Queens of the Stone Age or Melvins drinking wine, LOL. 

Well you have a good point there haha :beerchug:

May 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #89 of 115
  Hope VI, just for the record. The IV isn't nearly as good. 

I still say the Hope VI is the best headphone I've ever heard. I haven't heard all the best of the best, but so far. 

Why would it not be nearly as good if it has the same exact aluminum backplate and drivers as the Hope VI? The only thing different is the earcup housing and overall built quality

May 11, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #90 of 115
Due to work traveling commitments I have just built this:

* HD650
* O2 Amp
* iPod touch
* Cables
* Suitable neoprene bags from ebay to carry it all in

Whole thing under $1000 and makes living in a hotel so much easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back