$100 - SE215 / Philips Fidelio S1 / MEE A161P
Apr 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TunneLVisioN42

100+ Head-Fier
I have been wanting to get a solid value IEM for some time but have not had the time to sit down, research, and come to a decision. I was hoping people that have some personal experience with these could share opinions etc. Maybe help me come to a decision.

Most of my listening will be portable with these and occasional use at my desktop using an O2/ODac, I currently do not have a portable amp/dac but should one of these IEM's impress me enough it might inspire me to maybe look at some of Fiio's offerings, I am not a very mobile person so this is not a top priority but I am tired of lugging around my CAL!'s for mobile use

Music will mostly be Ambient, DnB, maybe some tamer Dubstep, Metal, and Rock. I know IEM's are not known for soundstage but I really would like as much as I can get, separation and a snappy low end that is enough to give music weight without bloat or muddying up anything is another priority, beyond that I do not mind a gradual roll off of the higher frequencies so long as they are still present and don't bleed together.

Now I know realistically to achieve most of what I have described I should look into spending a lot more but I just thought I would mention it to state my preferences, and looking around a bit the 3 listed might be close enough to what I am looking for.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks guys. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 5
From what I have read the earsonic's will probably sound a little too lifeless and cold for my tastes.

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 5
I suspect the S1 Will give You the best Sound quality but at the expense of isolation compared to the 215. I have a pair of S2 coming in Next week assuming no delays so will ne able to comment from actual experience then.

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 5
Awesome! Please keep me updated I'm very interested in them! I'm thinking because they're semi open they must have a little more space and depth than most IEM's I'm hoping they have decent seperation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back