$100 Dollar recommendation
Jul 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Superpang

Head-Fier
Hi, I currently am debating on weather not to get an amp or not for my Denon D2000.

I have been lurking a lot, and notice that it is "recommended" to reach full potential for these babies.

However, I am quite low on dough.

What are my best options?

I listen to mostly Bass heavy music (Rock, Metal,) sometimes Classical, and some Pop.

Looking for a portable headphone amp.
My budget is under $100 US.

My source of output is either from my computer or my NDSL.

Any recommendations would help. (Especially people that have the D2000 as well!)
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 12
You may just have to get a portable amplifier. If you save up a little more money you may be able to find an affordable home amp though. But with you current budget, headroom has the Airhead for $99. Also keep you eyes out for something used in the for sale forums here.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 12
Build yourself a Cmoy for ~$25, and save up some more for something better? The Cmoy is a good little amp, and very easy to build...

~Phewl.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 12
Would it be a significant difference if I plan not to get an amp until further later in the future? Or would I regret never getting it
tongue.gif
?

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #7 of 12
How about a Little Dot MkII? A Little Dot II++ (a previous gen product) sold for $180 shipped when new, so it should be pretty close to your price range on the FS forums if you look around. A stationary amp like that would sound much better than the portable amps.

Jul 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 12
I think i have pretty much round up to two Headphone amps. The Little Dot MK1 or the PA2V2. Not sure how well these two amps would do tho. Any input would be great... Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Jul 26, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #10 of 12
The MkII seems abit too costly for my needs. Would getting a MKI and swapping the chip to an LT1364 be much more beneficial?

MKI is about 80 dollars
PA2V2 is about 60 dollars

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #11 of 12
i agree..stay away from those ****ty cmoys and portable yaya..wait for a LDII to come up used---dont be in a hurry just troll the for sale forums and you will find something in the next few weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back