100 dollar budget..
Sep 14, 2010 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tyt921

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I always been a little interested in the quality of music because my uncle is a Hi-Fi freak, and everytime visiting his house, he plays his Hi-Fi system, and it would just enthrall me. Anyway, I am a very very picky person! I want my headphones to be very very clear, bass to me is not important, but clarity, and treble is. I want everything to be clear and balanced. I want to hear instruments but not any distortion noises or what not. I want the sound to be clean and real. I mainly will use these at home on my macbook or ipod. I might run them through my creative labs speakers + subwoofer system. Not sure if it will make any difference at all.....anyway I know my budget is low...but i guess i could extend it a bit. but not too much...i previously thought about the sr60i but they were too ugly, and look awefully uncomfortable...my landlord complains that my music is too loud thus, the headphones, so i guess ill be looking for a pair of closed headphones.

i listen to mostly to music, and mostly slow songs, sometimes rock and r&b...nothing too hardcore like punk or anything like that

i have done alot of research, and dont seem to like the ad700...any other suggestions? 

thanks...i really appreciate this.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 6
So are you looking for closed or open phones? SR60 and AD700 are open yet you state you are looking for closed.  Open phones will leak sound but they will not get nearly loud enough for anyone in another room or outside to be able to hear them so your landlord wont be able to complain. The AD700 sounds like it would suit your needs almost perfectly. 

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 6
If you're looking for neutral response and clarity in that range, and bass is not important, check out the ms-1's.  I have a pair that I use in my office, and no one has complained about noise.  They will be driven just fine from the sources you listed.  As far as aesthetics, that's your call, but I think they look great.

Sep 15, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 6
OK, i got it. i narrowed it down to 2 choices.

m50, and HD555.

i realize some are closed and some are open. but what i really want is just quality music, at the end of the day, i dont care as long as i can get some really nice clarity and rich music....

any ideas?

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #6 of 6
The Sennheiser HD448 has amazing smoothes and clarity in the midrange, if you want closed headphones (you might thank yourself someday for not getting open ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back