$100-200 DAC
Feb 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

godbreath

100+ Head-Fier
i am looking for an external dac that can connect to my current computer, and my laptop. my computer has an optical out, and my laptop has a coaxial out.

my current set up is as follows: x-fi extrememusic (don't really care for the x-fi when i get a dac) -> little dot v -> hd650

what are some good $100-200 DAC's?

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 42
Why not look into the Valab Dac, it is $200.00 shipped from Taiwan, they provide very good customer service but above all the dac sounds fantastic and comes equipped with USB, Coax and Toslink. They are sold on Ebay, just do a search for Valab, if none are listed that means they are sold out, you need to check regularly as they sell usually the same day they are listed. BTW, I own 3 of them and it's the best I have owned including some pricey big name digital gear.

Phill

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 42
I just got a behringer ultramatch pro and when I first listened to it I was very happy with the result. The sound stage became wider and bass tightened up.

Listening to my seperates system in my bedroom is really poor in comparison. The electronic interference is unbearable!

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 42
in other words, lets find the most inconsequential detail, complain about it, and make a ruckus, instead of taking advice that was given and using that to answer our original question

because we all know its about how your equipment looks, and how many women it gets you....

...wait wait, thats not right

we all know its about how your equipment advertises, and how cool it makes you...

...wait, thats still not quite right

we all know its about how your equipment makes you feel inside, and how good that makes you as a person...

...damnit, that still isn't feeling right

aw ****it, I'm going back to listening to music
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 42
He wanted audio jewelery for $100-200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back