$100-$200 DAC with multiple outputs
Jun 22, 2019 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JESUSARIUS REX

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

I'm looking for a DAC with multiple outputs for my multiple amps. Since I'm running it to amps, I don't need high output power. I plan on using it on a dark voice, my stereo receiver, and for a balanced amp I will buy in the future. Four outputs would be nice, but 3 is the minimum. I can spend up to $200, but of course something that will fulfill my needs for less is great too. I just feel overwhelmed by all the choices.

Thanks for the help!

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 9
Not many will have that many available outputs. In that price range just one is the norm. I don’t think I have ever seen a dac with 4 outputs pre amps yes but not a dac. My Schiit Yggdrasil has two single ended and one balanced output that is more than most and it is 12X your max budget. There are things like the Schiit Sys that takes one dac output and you can switch between 2 amps.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi all!
I'm looking for a DAC with multiple outputs for my multiple amps. Since I'm running it to amps, I don't need high output power. I plan on using it on a dark voice, my stereo receiver, and for a balanced amp I will buy in the future. Four outputs would be nice, but 3 is the minimum. I can spend up to $200, but of course something that will fulfill my needs for less is great too. I just feel overwhelmed by all the choices. Thanks for the help!
An Audio Interface will come with several line-outputs.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #4 of 9
Not many will have that many available outputs. In that price range just one is the norm. I don’t think I have ever seen a dac with 4 outputs pre amps yes but not a dac. My Schiit Yggdrasil has two single ended and one balanced output that is more than most and it is 12X your max budget. There are things like the Schiit Sys that takes one dac output and you can switch between 2 amps.

Ok, thanks for that info! Do you have any recommendations for a DAC and a splitter box maybe? It would be nice if I could have two outputs, with one being balanced. But maybe I'll just have to settle for less with my budget.

Jun 23, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 9
I’m actually at CanJam SoCal right now and while everything isn’t here Shenzhen Audio has quite a few Chinese brands like SMLS so I’ll keep a look out for one.

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 9
SMSL SU-8 has balanced and single ended outputs and runs a bit over $200. They have it for $125 at the show.

Jun 23, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 9
SMSL SU-8 has balanced and single ended outputs and runs a bit over $200. They have it for $125 at the show.
I just looked it up. It actually looks like pretty viable option! Sites seem to sell it for ~$210-$230 so it's close to my max budget. It seems highly requested on massdrop as well, so maybe I'll see if it goes for a little cheaper on their too.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Ok, thanks for that info! Do you have any recommendations for a DAC and a splitter box maybe? It would be nice if I could have two outputs, with one being balanced. But maybe I'll just have to settle for less with my budget.

Schiit Sys - passive preamp so you can wire it backwards and just leave the volume at max setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back