$100-150 range, LF BASS!!
Dec 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

comzee

500+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for headphones in the range of $100-150. The main thing I want out of them is good bass range. Nothing sloppy, really good punch though. From the reviews I've been looking at it looks like the Audio Technica ATH-M50's have good bass range. Just thought I'd post here first before committing to anything since I'm new to audio equipment. Suggestions ?

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 24
You look for good bass, or you want crazy bass? 

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 24
Sony XB series have. 

Hmm, I actually have a pair of the Sony MDR-XB300 and they are garbage to say the least. The bass doesn't come out at low volumes, it sounds sloppy at mid volumes, and the speakers overload at high volumes. I've been reading some reviews on the D1100 and now I'm thinking I'm going to get those over the ATH-M50's. It seems like I'm changing my mind every day LOL

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 24

Quote:
Sony XB series have. 

Hmm, I actually have a pair of the Sony MDR-XB300 and they are garbage to say the least. The bass doesn't come out at low volumes, it sounds sloppy at mid volumes, and the speakers overload at high volumes. I've been reading some reviews on the D1100 and now I'm thinking I'm going to get those over the ATH-M50's. It seems like I'm changing my mind every day LOL

You might consider the Shure SRH70dj's...they have lots of bass. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #10 of 24
You might consider the Shure SRH750dj's...they have lots of bass. 

Does anybody have more info on these, there are very few reviews on them.

I think unless something comes to light I'll be ordering the d1100 over the weekend.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #11 of 24
I actually found quite a few reviews for the SRH750DJs.  The only complaints seem to be with the fit.  They squeeze a bit hard, but you can fix that by stretching them over the box they came in for a couple of nights.  I've also heard complaints that there's a bit too much bass, though most seem to agree that the bass is clear.

I bought a pair last weekend, and have been quite happy with them so far.

Quote:

I think unless something comes to light I'll be ordering the d1100 over the weekend.

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 24
Why not try the xb500? They have amazing bass and with good burn-in, the soundstage and overall quality comes out.

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
Why not try the xb500? They have amazing bass and with good burn-in, the soundstage and overall quality comes out.

I've tried them before and didn't really like. I guess I'm looking for something that has almost as much bass as the beats studio, but don't sound sloppy like they do. I also don't want to completely ignore mids and highs, I listen to classical and many other genre's. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #14 of 24

How's the soundstage?
Quote:
I actually found quite a few reviews for the SRH750DJs.  The only complaints seem to be with the fit.  They squeeze a bit hard, but you can fix that by stretching them over the box they came in for a couple of nights.  I've also heard complaints that there's a bit too much bass, though most seem to agree that the bass is clear.

I bought a pair last weekend, and have been quite happy with them so far.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back