Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And stop calling me Shirley.

WIN!

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #272 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WIN!

Thanks. Though homophones just don't work quite so well in text as they do verbally.

se

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #273 of 278
Quote:

Problem solved.

REVOLUTIONARY CABLE UPGRADE!

A bit dated now, but still a goodie if I do say so myself.
atsmile.gif

se

Haven't seen that one before. That's priceless (sorry.) I'm only left with a couple of questions. First I wonder if there are significant differences in sound between the pre-assembled and kit versions. I'm thinking the do-it-yourself version would probably be a little less...precise.

I also wonder if the kit version comes with a recommended pen for scrawling the price. Do you think a felt-tip would sound better than a ballpoint?

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #274 of 278
Quote:

Problem solved.

REVOLUTIONARY CABLE UPGRADE!

A bit dated now, but still a goodie if I do say so myself.
atsmile.gif

se

That's very funny Steve.
o2smile.gif

Why did they kick you off the site?

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #275 of 278
A very good article.  As true today as when I first read it.  I have to admit I only read some of the posts in this thread but I note the usual arguments regarding science, faith, religion et al.

I truly hope I'm stating the obvious here.

Humans are emotional beasts who are not nearly as intelligent and logical as they perceive themselves to be.  Something that will never let you down in life is to always remember that everyone's interpretation of reality is stored in a very biased and imperfect way in a very imperfect organic device.  Yet, we are also programmed to be oblivious to this imperfection.

From this hopefully obvious starting point, it follows that the placebo effect is very strong and must be addressed in any context.  It also follows that belief does not always equal truth and extraordinary care and diligence is required to ferret out the truth.

My first post.  Don't shoot me...  :wink:

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #277 of 278

"I'm addicted to placebos. I'd give them up, but it wouldn't make any difference." ~ Steven Wright

Sep 14, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #278 of 278
Original link is broken, here's a working one:
http://www.ecoustics.com/articles/ten-biggest-lies-audio/

I recently created another thread with a similar collection of audio truths assessed by mostly skeptics and engineers:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/779364/a-brief-guide-to-audio-for-the-skeptical-consumer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back