1/4" female stereo cable-end?
Aug 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

soMn

100+ Head-Fier
I apologize if this has been asked before and I just couldn't find it, but I've searched these forums and markertek's and couldn't find an answer. as the subject line suggests, I'm looking for a 1/4" female stereo jack to make an extension cable from my stereo. more specifically though, I'm looking for one on markertek because I'm about to make a lot of cables for everything and I want to order it all from one place. it looks like both connectors that I found were only mono. :/ but I guess I'd be willing to order from elsewhere if I had to.

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 11
My favorite is the Switchcraft 1238, which Markertek doesn't carry.

They used to carry a female version of the generic 'teknec' jack, but it looks like they don't carry it anymore, or i can't find it at least.

Neutrik has a nice one, if you don't mind it being huge.

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 11
qables carrys that neutrik one i think. it is a bit large but its pretty sleek looking and well built. check it out

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 11
Markettek has neutrik cable end, mine works pretty well for me (though I am not impressed by neutrik's quality, and like SwitchCraft a lot more. on the other hand SwitchCraft is twice the $$).
Neutrik cable end doesn't have gold plated contacts. Price is somewhere around $2.70, it is even a locking design.

Nectek stuff is junk, don't even get close to it.

Aug 5, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Various places list the switchcraft 1238 at $5 but don't have any in stock. Several places list it at $10 or more and have it in stock.

If you do find it in stock at around $5, it's worth it.

The pictures of the neutrik jack don't do it justice - it's huge! The build quality appears to be good - admittedly the internal frame is plastic but it looks like i could drive over it with my friend's 3/4 ton '68 chevy truck several times and still use it. I suspect that this was their intention.

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 11
I've used both Switchcraft and Neutrik female 1/4" cable ends. The Switchcraft certainly is sleeker but I don't see it necessarily being better than the Neutrik. Nothing wrong with silver contacts in my book.
cool.gif
I order mine from Redco. You're right, Markertek doesn't carry them.

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the help. I don't mind it being big at all, as it's just going to be for personal use, stretched about 6 ft across the room. I hate to just order one connector from a place, but I'll check em out through different vendors and see what I can get them for.

Aug 6, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Markettek has neutrik cable end, mine works pretty well for me (though I am not impressed by neutrik's quality, and like SwitchCraft a lot more. on the other hand SwitchCraft is twice the $$).
Neutrik cable end doesn't have gold plated contacts. Price is somewhere around $2.70, it is even a locking design.

Nectek stuff is junk, don't even get close to it.

Neutrik are silver plated which offer better conductivity than gold...and they are top notch...

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neutrik are silver plated which offer better conductivity than gold...and they are top notch...

thanks. that just made up my mind. might be added to a backorder list to get one of those switchcraft plugs, just cause they're so sleek, but otherwise I'll get the neutriks. most likely the connector is going to be on the couch next to me or in my lap, so size really isn't a concern at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back