'08 Has been an exciting year for RSA Audio!
Sep 19, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 26
This is Emmeline's first electrostatic amp, thus, I will reserve enthusiasm until something is shipped and heard. ES is a different game, with some really stout competition, especially in DIY.

It is exciting to see a new ES topology.

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBasso has done much more to revolutionize the portable amp industry, IMO. The A-10 is not even out yet. So how could it be interesting at all?

Exactly what kind of revolution does iBasso do?
Revolution is not that easy to do
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #18 of 26
I am sure glad Ray was able to bring back the SR71 as the SR71A. I have regreted selling my SR71 many times over.

Yes I am a fan of Ray's portable amps! Why? because his portable amps sound very good and IMO the SR71 was amonghst he best I have heard. Plus he ships very fast and delivers on time. Plus if you have met or spoken w/ Ray you can't help but like the guy. He is funny and pasionate about the hobby.

Yes this is exciting! Waiting for my new SR71A to arrive.

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #19 of 26
For those that mentioned the iBasso I have to say that I have been very impressed by their products. They brought us the D1 w/ op-amp rolling ability, optical/coxial/usb input, plus line out.

Now the new D3 also has a line out. What is there not to like? All this in a nicely looking unit at very low prices.

We have a win-win situation with all the new offerings and we should be happy to have them.

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #20 of 26
Well, I've certainly got no skin in this game from way over here in the cheap seats, listening to my HD580s through my old integrated amp. But why would a discussion of RSA amps be wrong simply because they haven't arrived yet. They're probably be here before half the upgrade orders in line at Singlepower right now and that has a couple of threads.

Tim

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good year for RSA for me in particular. purchased an Apache and then my dream amp: the B-52.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats man, I was looking at that amp vs. the ZD and decided that I simply could not afford it. It looks amazing, and I have only heard good things about it.

I really appreciate all of the commercial builders, simply because the competition provides for great products.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is Emmeline's first electrostatic amp, thus, I will reserve enthusiasm until something is shipped and heard. ES is a different game, with some really stout competition, especially in DIY.

It is exciting to see a new ES topology.

So true!
..and note that Ray have told us that he don't like electrostatics.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip> once you know the beauty of the real dynamic amp & the info that the electrostatic is never capable of producing then you realize that you no longer just enjoy the mids & highs.

So I am a bit reserved so far.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So true!
..and note that Ray have told us that he don't like electrostatics.

So I am a bit reserved so far.

I don't know...

Quoting a guy on something as off-the-cuff and innocent as that statement, and then implying that as a result, the product that he is now developing may somehow not be up to his usual standards...

I don't know. Doesn't seem fair to me. From what I know of Ray, he puts his heart and soul into every product that he ever designs and produces. So you can be assured that this new amp will be no exception.

In fact I'd say, if anything, Ray will be inclined to work even harder on an electrostat amp because:

1) it's something new for him and thus will present all sorts of unique challenges that he has not faced before, regardless of his listening tastes, and

2) given that he seems to be saying that he perceives a relative lack of bass in electrostatic setups, he'll do everything he can with his design to bring out the bass that he feels is otherwise lacking in other electrostat amps.

In other words, he has every reason to be more determined than ever to deliver a product that will perform up to his very exacting standards. At least that's my take on the matter.

But like everyone else, I'll reserve judgment until I hear the amp. Not because I don't think he's capable of developing an outstanding electrostat amp (quite to the contrary), and not because I don't think his heart will be in it (again, quite to the contrary), but simply because I haven't seen it or heard it yet. Thus, it doesn't really make sense to speculate about it's sound one way or the other.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #25 of 26
I'm excited to see what the A-10 will look like, and of course what it will sound like. Electrostatic headphones are something that I have not even seen, let alone heard. But someday I hope to make it out to a meet and try a pair. I have heard good things about them. The A-10 is one of my all time favorite planes too, makes me all the more excited about Ray's new amp. I have noticed some things that the plane and the amp share in common. The A-10 being a tube product bears the name Emmeline II, and the plane was named the Thunderbolt II (a.k.a. The Warthog) - The plane has dual engines, and although I'm not sure if the new amp will be dual mono, it is going to be fully balanced. Anyway I'm really excited, and look forward to this new offering! Congratulations Ray, and good luck! -WaxMan

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know...

Quoting a guy on something as off-the-cuff and innocent as that statement, and then implying that as a result, the product that he is now developing may somehow not be up to his usual standards...

I don't know. Doesn't seem fair to me. From what I know of Ray, he puts his heart and soul into every product that he ever designs and produces. So you can be assured that this new amp will be no exception.

In fact I'd say, if anything, Ray will be inclined to work even harder on an electrostat amp because:

1) it's something new for him and thus will present all sorts of unique challenges that he has not faced before, regardless of his listening tastes, and

2) given that he seems to be saying that he perceives a relative lack of bass in electrostatic setups, he'll do everything he can with his design to bring out the bass that he feels is otherwise lacking in other electrostat amps.

In other words, he has every reason to be more determined than ever to deliver a product that will perform up to his very exacting standards. At least that's my take on the matter.

But like everyone else, I'll reserve judgment until I hear the amp. Not because I don't think he's capable of developing an outstanding electrostat amp (quite to the contrary), and not because I don't think his heart will be in it (again, quite to the contrary), but simply because I haven't seen it or heard it yet. Thus, it doesn't really make sense to speculate about it's sound one way or the other.

Well, you have some good points!
Guess we just have to wait and see. Since he have been able to surprise us in the past as well..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back