'08 Has been an exciting year for RSA Audio!
Sep 18, 2008 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

WaxMan

100+ Head-Fier
I was just thinking how exciting this year has been so far for fans of Ray Samuels Audio. First came the promise of a new and revamped SR-71A, one of Ray's most popular portables, and now the development of the A-10 electrostatic vacuum tube amp. Two great war birds, and two great amps are soon to be coming our way! I figured it would be neat to start a thread to discuss and share all our excitement about the upcoming offerings from a very well loved manufacturer and businessman we all know and love! 2008 will be a year to remember indeed!

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 26
Isn't there a sponsored forum for ads like this? IMHO, this would be 'neater' elsewhere, in fairness to other vendors, and to prevent the inevitable flames that will erupt. It has been an exciting year for many vendors, and the argument can be made almost every year if looking hard enough.

Terms like 'great' and 'coming' should be tempered with delivery and verification.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 26
yeah, i just see bad things coming from this thread as people will inevitably post both pros and cons, especially since both of them are not actually out in production.
It's one thing if the products were shipping and people could discuss how it sounds.
However, unfortunately, think everyone will just speculate both positively and negatively leading to another thread full of bickering and i think we've had too much of that lately

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 26
You guys need a beer
beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 26
Yeah, it seems to have been a quite nice year for RSA.
Can't wait to see more details (pictures especially) of his upcoming A-10. Might be a really nice amplifier...

Sep 18, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaxMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Copy that skatanik! I started this thread with the sole purpose of being a place where fans of RSA audio gear could post all their excitement and just chew on the fat! Something simple you know? Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Normally these kinds of things are described in the appropriate sponsor forum. Unfortunately, RSA is not a sponsor of Head-Fi.

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 26
People post on everything amps here. Why not on RSA, why not on Woo Audio, Why not on any manufacture if they care to discuss what they feel and think? If a thread is on the positive qualities great! There is enough negative in the word of amps and everything to fill another thread or two. :^)

Yep, RSA has brought some interesting and fun amps this year. I am looking forward to reading more about the versatile electrostatic/dynamic driver amp. The SR71A revamp should be exciting in the next few days. Great Stuff!!

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 26
I will be a lot more curious about how the A-10 sounds, both with the OII and HE60.

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A-10 is not even out yet. So how could it be interesting at all?

Becuase there is much to be desired in the realm of electrostatic amps, so I see it as interesting whenever Woo, RSA, Headamp, whoever announces a new build.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be a lot more curious about how the A-10 sounds, both with the OII and HE60.

Unfortunately my setup is complete, but Ray does make some great audio ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back