【Call for WINNERS】【Award Review】Tronsmart Apollo Bold review program WINNER LIST!
Sep 16, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #76 of 103
Darn didn’t get picked. I still love my Spunky Beats though. Congrats guys!

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #78 of 103
Received and damn, the first impression was pretty good. Btw, i was able to put Final E tips and god, the sound was improved a lot. I would like to test them for more time of course but on a first try the sensation its very good, thanks to @Tronsmart Official for the opportunity, i will try to be very transparent on my review with pros/cons trying to give the clearest opinion possible

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #79 of 103
Received and damn, the first impression was pretty good. Btw, i was able to put Final E tips and god, the sound was improved a lot. I would like to test them for more time of course but on a first try the sensation its very good, thanks to @Tronsmart Official for the opportunity, i will try to be very transparent on my review with pros/cons trying to give the clearest opinion possible

That was fast, mine seems to be coming on monday. Wonder if it fits with the spinfits I have, 360,cp100, cp145,cp155 or the symbion.

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #80 of 103
That was fast, mine seems to be coming on monday. Wonder if it fits with the spinfits I have, 360,cp100, cp145,cp155 or the symbion.
Yes to all BUT for example the Symbio that I tried doesn’t fit properly on my ear so I dropped them. But as I said, Final E worked like a charm

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #82 of 103
Great! Glad to hear that! Enjoy!

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #84 of 103
Dear all chosen partners:
The samples have been shipped out! Please don't forget to pick up the package! Lol

One more impportant thing: please don't forget to share your using experience and compare with the device you have used. We are going next round!
4. After receive the samples, please make a review on Head-Fi. If you have any other channels, welcome to post!
5. The reivews will be ranked by quality(photos, videos, detailed descriptions, comparison etc.), comments and views of the posts.
6. Awards:
First prize x1:
Get the chance to try our secrect new product! (It hasn't been released yet!)
Second prize x3: 20% off special code for any Tronsmart product. (Can only be used once)
Third prize x6: 10% off special code for any Tronsmart product. (Can only be used once)

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #87 of 103
Dear All Chosen partners,
Please tell us if you received the samples. Looking forward to see your review!
Don't miss the chance for secret new product!
The review date is valid until Oct 20. cosidering the samples shipping out date.
Thank you very much.

Oct 5, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #88 of 103
Here's my review of the Tronsmart Apollo Bold.

First of all I want to say a big thank you to Tronsmart for sending me the Apollo Bold to review.

First impressions
My first impressions of the Apollo Bold were really good. The packaging looks slick and on par with what you would expect in 2020. When you open the box you are greeted with the Apollo Bold in all its glory. The bronze trim looks amazing and the Tronsmart logo is fairly low key and barely noticeable under normal use. The case for the Apollo Bold is small compared to my other wireless earbuds. The round shape of the case makes it quite pocketable as well.

2hECv9pWxWVVs6YbDahYNpMWO4rSBu956j0wBcSrwVwCgGsZ3dg1padDnd-rfg79mfx0Xayhx_gi7OdWYRR0XRveTGh1yVYYDsM9mS2VTdU00ovTMumkTCWX1bIY_H0LYxfpkpo

In the box
Apart from the earbuds and case you also get a short USB-A to USB-C cable for charging the case. Yay for USB-C! You also get ear tips in different sizes, a carrying pouch and some paperwork.

EXoxtE8bUz8KJDTQu0-gDW30L8RlDGgb5uX8bb9jnP0ILs1Y544aVeXUo1XZArjPt4l-WfyZsV-_ZTncWlE-jDEDU4u2IK9zMF4qbgVhYAibVJHRi_A4cYOXmmfopM4ZHAWCgFQ

What’s it like in your ear?
Usually I use a medium size tip for all the other earbuds I have but for the Apollo Bold the best fit for me was the default one which came fitted. Compared to the other ear tips that came with the earbuds they looked to be the smallest.

It’s no doubt been drummed into you already by dozens of other articles, getting ear tips with a good fit is important for both sound quality and noise isolation. More on this later. But these ear tips were a good snug fit for me. They are not uncomfortable but because it is a snug fit it does push against my ear so I wouldn’t want to be wearing them for more than a couple of hours before giving my ears a rest. I imagine the tips would get more comfortable after longer use.

They are also tight enough that when I wore them while working out they didn’t come loose or fall out. In fact they were tight enough that I didn’t have to adjust them when I went for a run with these earbuds. Which I can’t say the same for any of my other earbuds.

Features
The Apollo Bold comes with active noise cancelling (ANC) which you can turn on and off using the touch sensitive earbuds. In fact there’s actually three modes (if you include “off”): ANC on, Ambient and Off.

In combination with the ear tips the ANC does a good job of blocking out ambient noise. I wore this while walking and running on the road and I didn’t hear much traffic noise unless cars came fairly close to me.

When using ANC at home it reduced the volume of any surrounding voices but didn’t block them out completely which is fine since you wouldn’t want to ignore whoever is trying to get your attention.

It is worth noting that with ANC on there is an audible hiss in the background. You don’t hear it at moderate listening volumes but at lower volumes it is intrusive.

Ambient mode changes this hiss to what sounds like white noise to me. It’s not a feature I found useful but others may beg to differ.

With ANC turned off the hiss went away but you still got a decent amount of sound isolation from the ear tips alone.

Fz0GWxVuNuK_pY6vGGcjvtKtiZOTZ_D_Ko4H8VZyqEa7jM7gF8swyw4-wdJm1epb6yRgwYlZtdvRBY1ZDOCwkeCY63BAXA5C5R-M9a2ivsR0SxZIYPYpfKO9LPUsxkb8OgUcH_I

As mentioned earlier you control Apollo Bold with the touch sensitive ear buds. These work reasonably well and you could perform all the usual actions like play/pause music, next track, adjust the volume and of course toggle ANC. I could perform the actions with a fair amount of consistency but it’s worth noting that it was easy to accidentally trigger an action when adjusting the earbuds.

Another very useful feature is the auto pause/play feature when you take either of the earbuds off. They worked every time for me and activated a split second after you take the earbud out of your ears. It was really handy when I wanted to have a quick conversation with someone.

The earbuds and case also have LED lights on them to give an indication of various statuses but they are not glaring which is nice.

How does it sound?
Unsurprisingly the Apollo Bold has a V shaped sound. The sound stage is pretty decent as well. In fact I was listening to a Chesky recording which had a bell at the start of the track coming from the left and I actually turned my head because I thought the sound was coming from outside.

The bass on the other hand can be overpowering though especially if you have a phone like mine (Huawei P20 Pro) which also boost the bass when playing music. So be mindful of this. I had to turn down the EQ on my phone before I could really make any sense of what I was listening to. However when using it with my Lenovo laptop it was fine. The bass was still there but at a much more reasonable level.

While the bass may feel a bit heavy when you’re just listening at your desk while I was outside this definitely helped with making it easier to listen to the music. This was the case even when I took it out for a run.

I didn’t find the mids or treble overly exaggerated but given how elevated the bass was personally I felt that it performed better with pop or jazz music rather than classical. Podcasts also sounded good as the extra bass gave the spoken voice a nice timbre.

Comparison
I had the Mixcder T1 and Soundcore Liberty Air on hand to compare with the Apollo Bold. These two earbuds are one and two years old now respectively. So I expect the chips used are also one or two generations older.

MqJz2KLgCkzt3lZXxhd1ktJdXBmhWelgGM-QSXdtn-jGSSGzGCKlDTEpXuZylcaRBASAj6q4xtTw7LfLAkOJPmiwAFbGmDSzh-_tzEMRe1ma8k4eOTYvBfEK-JevJQtOT9UM890

That being said neither of these earbuds fitted me as well as the Bold did.

The Apollo Bold also gave a much richer and fuller sound than the other two earbuds. This was definitely due in part to the Bold’s better fit. But also the advancement in earbud technology.

And although I did find the Bold’s sound presentation good with the right type of music and it’s sound stage is better than I expected. However it is ultimately not going to compare with higher end wired headphones. After all this is not magic, :)

Conclusion
Overall I was happy with the Tronsmart Apollo Bold. The sound stage in particular impressed me. The bass may need a bit EQ love if you have an equally aggressive turning on your phone or any other source. But once that’s done you should be good to go. A tidy round case with USB-C charging was a nice touch too.

The Tronsmart Apollo Bold is currently £84.99 on Amazon UK which is a similar price to the Anker LIberty Air. And I would definitely pick these over the Ankers.

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #89 of 103
Here's my review of the Tronsmart Apollo Bold.

First of all I want to say a big thank you to Tronsmart for sending me the Apollo Bold to review.

First impressions
My first impressions of the Apollo Bold were really good. The packaging looks slick and on par with what you would expect in 2020. When you open the box you are greeted with the Apollo Bold in all its glory. The bronze trim looks amazing and the Tronsmart logo is fairly low key and barely noticeable under normal use. The case for the Apollo Bold is small compared to my other wireless earbuds. The round shape of the case makes it quite pocketable as well.

2hECv9pWxWVVs6YbDahYNpMWO4rSBu956j0wBcSrwVwCgGsZ3dg1padDnd-rfg79mfx0Xayhx_gi7OdWYRR0XRveTGh1yVYYDsM9mS2VTdU00ovTMumkTCWX1bIY_H0LYxfpkpo

In the box
Apart from the earbuds and case you also get a short USB-A to USB-C cable for charging the case. Yay for USB-C! You also get ear tips in different sizes, a carrying pouch and some paperwork.

EXoxtE8bUz8KJDTQu0-gDW30L8RlDGgb5uX8bb9jnP0ILs1Y544aVeXUo1XZArjPt4l-WfyZsV-_ZTncWlE-jDEDU4u2IK9zMF4qbgVhYAibVJHRi_A4cYOXmmfopM4ZHAWCgFQ

What’s it like in your ear?
Usually I use a medium size tip for all the other earbuds I have but for the Apollo Bold the best fit for me was the default one which came fitted. Compared to the other ear tips that came with the earbuds they looked to be the smallest.

It’s no doubt been drummed into you already by dozens of other articles, getting ear tips with a good fit is important for both sound quality and noise isolation. More on this later. But these ear tips were a good snug fit for me. They are not uncomfortable but because it is a snug fit it does push against my ear so I wouldn’t want to be wearing them for more than a couple of hours before giving my ears a rest. I imagine the tips would get more comfortable after longer use.

They are also tight enough that when I wore them while working out they didn’t come loose or fall out. In fact they were tight enough that I didn’t have to adjust them when I went for a run with these earbuds. Which I can’t say the same for any of my other earbuds.

Features
The Apollo Bold comes with active noise cancelling (ANC) which you can turn on and off using the touch sensitive earbuds. In fact there’s actually three modes (if you include “off”): ANC on, Ambient and Off.

In combination with the ear tips the ANC does a good job of blocking out ambient noise. I wore this while walking and running on the road and I didn’t hear much traffic noise unless cars came fairly close to me.

When using ANC at home it reduced the volume of any surrounding voices but didn’t block them out completely which is fine since you wouldn’t want to ignore whoever is trying to get your attention.

It is worth noting that with ANC on there is an audible hiss in the background. You don’t hear it at moderate listening volumes but at lower volumes it is intrusive.

Ambient mode changes this hiss to what sounds like white noise to me. It’s not a feature I found useful but others may beg to differ.

With ANC turned off the hiss went away but you still got a decent amount of sound isolation from the ear tips alone.

Fz0GWxVuNuK_pY6vGGcjvtKtiZOTZ_D_Ko4H8VZyqEa7jM7gF8swyw4-wdJm1epb6yRgwYlZtdvRBY1ZDOCwkeCY63BAXA5C5R-M9a2ivsR0SxZIYPYpfKO9LPUsxkb8OgUcH_I

As mentioned earlier you control Apollo Bold with the touch sensitive ear buds. These work reasonably well and you could perform all the usual actions like play/pause music, next track, adjust the volume and of course toggle ANC. I could perform the actions with a fair amount of consistency but it’s worth noting that it was easy to accidentally trigger an action when adjusting the earbuds.

Another very useful feature is the auto pause/play feature when you take either of the earbuds off. They worked every time for me and activated a split second after you take the earbud out of your ears. It was really handy when I wanted to have a quick conversation with someone.

The earbuds and case also have LED lights on them to give an indication of various statuses but they are not glaring which is nice.

How does it sound?
Unsurprisingly the Apollo Bold has a V shaped sound. The sound stage is pretty decent as well. In fact I was listening to a Chesky recording which had a bell at the start of the track coming from the left and I actually turned my head because I thought the sound was coming from outside.

The bass on the other hand can be overpowering though especially if you have a phone like mine (Huawei P20 Pro) which also boost the bass when playing music. So be mindful of this. I had to turn down the EQ on my phone before I could really make any sense of what I was listening to. However when using it with my Lenovo laptop it was fine. The bass was still there but at a much more reasonable level.

While the bass may feel a bit heavy when you’re just listening at your desk while I was outside this definitely helped with making it easier to listen to the music. This was the case even when I took it out for a run.

I didn’t find the mids or treble overly exaggerated but given how elevated the bass was personally I felt that it performed better with pop or jazz music rather than classical. Podcasts also sounded good as the extra bass gave the spoken voice a nice timbre.

Comparison
I had the Mixcder T1 and Soundcore Liberty Air on hand to compare with the Apollo Bold. These two earbuds are one and two years old now respectively. So I expect the chips used are also one or two generations older.

MqJz2KLgCkzt3lZXxhd1ktJdXBmhWelgGM-QSXdtn-jGSSGzGCKlDTEpXuZylcaRBASAj6q4xtTw7LfLAkOJPmiwAFbGmDSzh-_tzEMRe1ma8k4eOTYvBfEK-JevJQtOT9UM890

That being said neither of these earbuds fitted me as well as the Bold did.

The Apollo Bold also gave a much richer and fuller sound than the other two earbuds. This was definitely due in part to the Bold’s better fit. But also the advancement in earbud technology.

And although I did find the Bold’s sound presentation good with the right type of music and it’s sound stage is better than I expected. However it is ultimately not going to compare with higher end wired headphones. After all this is not magic, :)

Conclusion
Overall I was happy with the Tronsmart Apollo Bold. The sound stage in particular impressed me. The bass may need a bit EQ love if you have an equally aggressive turning on your phone or any other source. But once that’s done you should be good to go. A tidy round case with USB-C charging was a nice touch too.

The Tronsmart Apollo Bold is currently £84.99 on Amazon UK which is a similar price to the Anker LIberty Air. And I would definitely pick these over the Ankers.
Thank you very much for your sharing. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back